New mac ads

Macs are the most secure, and those ads speak the truth :D I've owned macs ever since 1995 and have never had the issues I've had with my Windows machines. I can't wait for Leopard to be released! :p

THEY ARE ALL HILARIOUS!!!! :D:D:D:D

OMG I enjoy them OMG OMG LMAO!!!!

lol Calm down. Here, have some Mentos & some Coca-Cola. :)

Im not a mac fan boy or windows fan boy, but lets be a little honest here, if Microsoft wasn't sued for being a monopoly I'm sure they would bundle more stuff. But whenever it bundles anything, they get sued by someone saying its a monopoly.

But wait, Apple bundles all of it's software with it's OS and you don't see anybody sueing or saying that's monopolistic.

I guess since Apple doesn't have 90% of the market or whatever laws don't apply to them.

1. Everytime i hook a digicam up to XP it recognizes it just fine

2. I never have to restart

3. Sure Apple gets to bundle more stuff...windows cant include a mouse pointer image without someone suing them for being a "monopoly"

4. I have virus software...i cant remember the last virus i got

I want to make my own ads they go like this:

Apple: "what ya doin there PC?"

PC: "oh, just playin the latest videogame"

Apple: "oh yeah? i come with a couple of games too...i never play them though...they suck"

PC: "yeah I know"

Apple: "i thought you couldnt play that game without a new video card...but you look the same"

PC: "yeah, just got upgraded"

Apple: "whats an...upgrade?...you mean different parts than what you came with?"

PC: "yeah...I upgraded with the money I saved because im so much cheaper. but its cool, your case looks 'cuter' than mine so you got that goin for you"

Apple: "you may be able to play a game, but i can make movies and play with pictures!"

PC: "uh...me too. i bought Nero and Photoshop with the money i saved"

Apple: "did you hear, I can run windows now!"

PC: "yeah...funny...nobody wants to make me run OS X"

Apple: "well I still think Im better than you...I mean afterall, I have TV ads that say how neat I am...PC platforms are just behind the times"

PC: "um...who is it thats making your cpu these days?"

Im not a mac fan boy or windows fan boy, but lets be a little honest here, if Microsoft wasn't sued for being a monopoly I'm sure they would bundle more stuff. But whenever it bundles anything, they get sued by someone saying its a monopoly.

But wait, Apple bundles all of it's software with it's OS and you don't see anybody sueing or saying that's monopolistic.

I guess since Apple doesn't have 90% of the market or whatever laws don't apply to them.

This is exactly my train of thought after view those ads. It never hit me until now. How many other alternatives exsist out there in Macland as opposed to WindowsVille when it comes to software? Why is it that it "just works" for Macheads and when it comes to Windows it is a crime if anything is bundled with the OS?

I'm personally waiting for the fan vid where there is a skinny dude with glasses (PC) speaking with another skinny dude with glasses and a turtleneck (MAC) talking about todays technologies and how the same they are and how they are robbing people blind.

1. Everytime i hook a digicam up to XP it recognizes it just fine

yes but all it does is give you access to the camera as a harddrive, on a mac iPhoto comes up and import all your pictures and they're added to your collection. Now this can be done with a pc but you have to install a bunch of crap

2. I never have to restart

you don't but alot of people have to all the time, i do tech support and you wouldnt believe it how often restarting a pc fixes the problem....

3. Sure Apple gets to bundle more stuff...windows cant include a mouse pointer image without someone suing them for being a "monopoly"

so this is apple's fault? its not their problem if MS cant do what they want...

4. I have virus software...i cant remember the last virus i got

but you're still wasting resources running the stupid program

I want to make my own ads they go like this:

Apple: "what ya doin there PC?"

PC: "oh, just playin the latest videogame"

Apple: "oh yeah? i come with a couple of games too...i never play them though...they suck"

PC: "yeah I know"

Apple: "i thought you couldnt play that game without a new video card...but you look the same"

PC: "yeah, just got upgraded"

Apple: "whats an...upgrade?...you mean different parts than what you came with?"

PC: "yeah...I upgraded with the money I saved because im so much cheaper. but its cool, your case looks 'cuter' than mine so you got that goin for you"

Apple: "you may be able to play a game, but i can make movies and play with pictures!"

PC: "uh...me too. i bought Nero and Photoshop with the money i saved"

Apple: "did you hear, I can run windows now!"

PC: "yeah...funny...nobody wants to make me run OS X"

Apple: "well I still think Im better than you...I mean afterall, I have TV ads that say how neat I am...PC platforms are just behind the times"

PC: "um...who is it thats making your cpu these days?"

you couldnt be more wrong about that one....why do you think the whole osx86project thing got started....why do you think people took the time to reverse engineer apple's drm checks to get it to run on a pc? why are bittorrent sites flooded with OSX86 images that can be installed on a pc?

I think they're kinda lame and boring ? very un-Apple. If Apple want to make an impact on PC users, their ads should show what a Mac can do that a PC can't - stuff like Expos? and Spotlight.

Disagree, they are merely making fun of PC's in a harmless, yet obvious way:laugh:gh: I like it, and im a PC user, but making the switch later in the yea:rofl:fl:woot:ot:

Wow, quite negative. I had to install drivers and software for my daughters Kodak digital camera on her Windows box. On my iMac I just plugged in the USB and iPhoto popped up. :)

Over 10 years with Windows, and the past year with a Mac...there's no comparison.

Same experience here. Once I got my PowerBook I stopped yelling at the computer and started to enjoy using it. And I was definitely considered an advanced or power user. I just got sick and tired of having to maintain Windows because if I didn't it would grind to a halt and require the 6 month format and reinstall (which it usually required because of the dumb registry any how).

You all are forgetting that Microsoft was being sued because they don't offer a way to uninstall all the stuff they got sued for (for instance, IE, WMP, etc.). In OS X Safari can be deleted. iTunes can be chucked. Almost everything can be erased. THAT is why they aren't being sued.

yes but all it does is give you access to the camera as a harddrive, on a mac iPhoto comes up and import all your pictures and they're added to your collection. Now this can be done with a pc but you have to install a bunch of crap

hmm...

1. plug camera in

2. open folder

3. select all

4. drag to my pictures

You cant tell me that being able to push a button that says "import" is some huge difference from selecting all and dragging them to a certain location. Either way it doesnt put apples in the category of "being able to talk to other devices" while excluding PC from it

you don't but alot of people have to all the time, i do tech support and you wouldnt believe it how often restarting a pc fixes the problem....

Apple also doesnt have to write a platform to accomodate internal hardware upgrades and software upgrades that would require such a thing. Apple machines are in a very defined space...and that limitation allows them to operate within certain parameters

so this is apple's fault? its not their problem if MS cant do what they want...

No. Its not apple's fault. But apple can only claim these bundling features BECAUSE they arent #1 and MS is. Its not something that apple can do from a technical aspect that gives it an advantage over PC.

but you're still wasting resources running the stupid program

eh...the resources required to run AV software in the background are minimal. the ability to write software and play games on my machine far outweigh the .0001% of my resources captured by AV software

you couldnt be more wrong about that one....why do you think the whole osx86project thing got started....why do you think people took the time to reverse engineer apple's drm checks to get it to run on a pc? why are bittorrent sites flooded with OSX86 images that can be installed on a pc?

Sorry, the statement i made was generalized for effect. I could have said "comparative to the number of people who view the ability to install Windows on an apple a value adding feature...the number who feel the same in regards to OS X on a PC are rather small"...but that would have lacked a certain comedic punch, wouldnt you say? :)

Sorry, the statement i made was generalized for effect. I could have said "comparative to the number of people who view the ability to install Windows on an apple a value adding feature...the number who feel the same in regards to OS X on a PC are rather small"...but that would have lacked a certain comedic punch, wouldnt you say? :)

I would still disagree. Most people don't know about OS X. Once they see it, most usually prefer it over Windows just because they are so sick of Windows and viruses. OS X looks friendly to use and when we start discussing it, they really want to get it.

I'm not saying OS X doesn't have its problems but they are far fewer than what users have to deal with in Windows. And this is coming from someone who still owns both platforms.

Mac Vs PC is like a debate of religion or politics, it just doesnt end, and at the end of the day its all down to opinions, for example, i think Tiger is much better than XP. Sorted.