New mac ads

But wait, Apple bundles all of it's software with it's OS and you don't see anybody sueing or saying that's monopolistic.

As QuarterSwede said: You and many other Windows users fail to realize that you can uninstall all with Mac OS X bundled software with ease, something that's almost impossible with Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express etc. on Windows.

What movie is the "Mac" Guy from he look familar

he was also on the show ED on NBC and was also on Jeepers Creapers

HEh. saw these a while ago. Pretty funny stuff! :)

Afterwards I had to explain to my friend about why apple sell iLife if it's bundled with the macs, why iLife doesn't contain a simple text editor, and why iWork isn't merged with iLife. Honestly, how can one think the base install of an OSX does not come with a text editor?!

there was a commercial where mac showed all the apps it came with and all the apps that pc came with. ofcourse mac had all it's iMovie and stuff like that, the best part is when the pc guys says "I come with a calculator and a clock"

its a funny ad.. but i think its so immature and childish move from apple with the constant firing at microsoft :D and it annoys pc users (for me at least) even more, like we cant get a pc to do what we want and apple is earth greatest machine that can do this and that bla bla bla. :D

I think the idea of them was good but, they have old and debatable weak selling points.

I think most users have gotten past the virus issues, everyone and anyone has anti-virus with the amount of talk about it, honestly I cant remember a time when I had a virus... :no:

Apple probably is a better choice in many cases for the average user. But I switched and then switched back due to both hardware problems/annoyances, and major software annoyances. Apple does a lot of things right, but the lack of compatibility and driver support, lack of pci sound card choices, poor quality media players, finder, office 2004, etc drove me to switch back. Before I switched I hated windows (even though I have never had any major problems with it), but now I realize that apple just wasn't the answer for me. I think that I hate windows primarily because it's ugly, and I feared viruses and spyware even though I have never had any issues with either. I didn't enjoy my mac because the OS didn't perform the functions I wanted it to (not being able to watch wmv hd videos of upcoming games drove me crazy, lol). I guess I just find the arrogance of these ads somewhat annoying, even though I can see the virtues of a mac (and readily recommend them to family and friends that don't have needs that the mac can't fulfill as was the case with me).

its a funny ad.. but i think its so immature and childish move from apple with the constant firing at microsoft :D and it annoys pc users (for me at least) even more, like we cant get a pc to do what we want and apple is earth greatest machine that can do this and that bla bla bla. :D

It's an Apple commercial, what do you expect? But there is some truth to it, if you use a mac for a while you will understand :D

Meh not bad....simple but appealing. They aren't hilarious by any means...but ill go with 'cute'

Meh, just seems like Apple taking cheap shots at PC stereotypes. I have to restart my iMac for new updates just about as often as my PC, I only use the iLife apps occasionally (they're just not "must have"), never got a virus on my PC either... And japanese cameras only work on Macs? Wow, I thought USB was a universal standard... :p

I think ads showcasing what you could do with a Mac would be a lot better. They're neat computers and do cool things, but the restarting/virus/camera/etc argument really only works if we're comparing OS X to Windows 98 ;)

Honestly, how can one think the base install of an OSX does not come with a text editor?!

TextEdit lets you edit text.

Has anyone else noticed that the whole "Get a Mac" thing is not on the UK part of Apple's website yet?

Edited by -tom

They are funny/cheeky. Non-geek/non fanboys will get a chuckle out of it.

If you did not get the joke then you are definitely a card carrying geek and are taking your computer choice too seriously.

The average joe/jane will fall asleep or their eyes will glaze over if you start comparing features. Good ads appeal to your emotions, are about as short as this and are memorable.

Even those of you that felt offended by them will remember the ads for some time and they might stimulate your curiosity about macs after you get over yourselves. So you see, they work whether you liked what they were saying or not.

:p

TextEdit lets you edit text.

Has anyone else noticed that the whole "Get a Mac" thing is not on the UK part of Apple's website yet?

it's only on apple.com (its not on apple.ca)

iets not go into a mac vs pc thread this could get ugly

This was a Mac vs PC thread from the original post on. The ads themselves are Mac vs PC ads.

From the website:

(Oh, and Mac OS X doesn?t scream ?hardware detected? every time you plug in something as basic as a keyboard.)

L:rofl::r:rofl::rofl: