[Definitive] Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread

so apparently the current iteration of controller is powered by AA batteries; but im having a hard time believing that the final design will still use batteries that way... pretty much every electronic device Ive bought the last few years has had an internal rechargeable battery.

Possible on Wii?

The question is how to charge; the answer im suggesting is via USB port on Wii, with a short included cable.

The 'sensor bar' must also connect via USB; so why would Nintendo put two ports on the system?

Also, re: Zelda; the only difference in GCN and Wii copies must be controller and the included special features Wii gives, maybe some bonus stuff since its a bigger disc? But...the GAME ENGINE is likely the same, yes? Which means, a less impressive, GCN compatible engine not running at full tilt the Wii would be capable of. Agreed?

Also, re: Zelda; the only difference in GCN and Wii copies must be controller and the included special features Wii gives, maybe some bonus stuff since its a bigger disc? But...the GAME ENGINE is likely the same, yes? Which means, a less impressive, GCN compatible engine not running at full tilt the Wii would be capable of. Agreed?

I really doubt it, cause the Wii is pretty much the same as the Gamecube as far as I know for writing games, it should be fully optimized to run on Wii and look/run a lot better. This isn't going to be half-assed like that at all it's pretty much a guarantee.

I just watched the Nintendo conference and I was thinking... They said something at the end about not being about excluding but including people. The other consoles are getting so crazy about graphics that they're pricing themselves out of the reach of most people. Nintendo is trying to come back down into the reach of the average person... and they're not at all trying to hide that their graphics won't be as good. They're not scared they seem to be saying.

I think they're saying bring it on.