'07 Yaris vs '06 Mazda3

Of course it wont fall apart...There is nothing in the car anyway, you just get a shell. and thats about it. Basically Toyota are ripping people off, and they can because people are so blindly loyal to the brand.

I mean you pay high prices for the car and you got to pay extra for electric windows, aircon, central locking, etc...etc...

for a comparable price you can get a full house VW.

Take the 140i Corolla, it comes with NOTHING extra, and yet we still pay around $ 20 000. for the same price one can get the VW POLO 1.4i, with aircon, mags, mp3 player. Makes no sense to buy the corolla, yet people still do.

Ps. every toyota fanboy speaks about toyotas reliability...Have you seen a lot of VWs, BMWs, Opels, Audis etc, parked on the roadside recently:)...?

Of course it wont fall apart...There is nothing in the car anyway, you just get a shell. and thats about it. Basically Toyota are ripping people off, and they can because people are so blindly loyal to the brand.

I mean you pay high prices for the car and you got to pay extra for electric windows, aircon, central locking, etc...etc...

for a comparable price you can get a full house VW.

Take the 140i Corolla, it comes with NOTHING extra, and yet we still pay around $ 20 000. for the same price one can get the VW POLO 1.4i, with aircon, mags, mp3 player. Makes no sense to buy the corolla, yet people still do.

Ps. every toyota fanboy speaks about toyotas reliability...Have you seen a lot of VWs, BMWs, Opels, Audis etc, parked on the roadside recently:)...?

I know you seem really against Toyota but I like them ... plus maybe it helped that my father is a manager at a Toyota dealership ... lol. But mainly I purchased a Toyota because they are one of the highest rated for reliability in Canada where I live - my city is a Toyota town and they have served a lot of people for many many years so I'm just falling in with the crowd so to speak. However I do absolutely love the car I purchased.

I do understand that VW is a good brand - but it's my preference that I don't like VW simply because, well, I don't. :p

By the way, thanks Eli. I'll come down there and you can see it firsthand. Muahahah.

i guess its too late to offer advice.

i never considered the yaris because it seemed too small. plus i really like the look and feel of mazda's. i'm sure the yaris is getting you some great L/100KM though and toyota's are quite reliable.

i bought my first car a little a few months ago... an 06 Mazda 3.

DSC_4164_Large.sized.jpg

i really like it so far. no complaints. not too small, not too big. i wish i had side air bags though, or waited for the 07 but back when i bought it nobody knew the specs of the 07s. oh well. just gotta avoid those accidents :)

The Mazda 3 is a sharp looking car. I'm not a big fan of the hatch back version though, but to each his own :)

Yeah. I was interested in a hatchback and the Mazda3 Hatchback definitely looked a little off. It looks okay if you look straight at the back but when you see it from the side, or at a 45 degree angle from the rear, it looks a little weird.

ooh, i was about to give a little input after seeing several yaris on the street. i will say it anyways, lol. i think yaris is a cute little car, but it's probably more likely driven by girls. with that said, i haven't been in one so i can't speak of the ride itself.

otherwise, i think it's a cute little thing. it being cheaper and pretty gas efficient is an especial plus right now.

ooh, i was about to give a little input after seeing several yaris on the street. i will say it anyways, lol. i think yaris is a cute little car, but it's probably more likely driven by girls. with that said, i haven't been in one so i can't speak of the ride itself.

otherwise, i think it's a cute little thing. it being cheaper and pretty gas efficient is an especial plus right now.

The Yaris was specifically designed for and has been marketed to young men. It replaced the Toyota Echo which men typically avoided in droves.

Mind you, it is a very similar car (they redesigned the front end and the dashboard to be more "macho").

2007 Pontiac Solstice is only 20k base and , IMHO looks a lot nicer than either of them :) I beleive there is a wait for them though

It does look great, but I believe it is only 4 cylinders and a rear-wheel drive car handles terribly in the snow (in Illinois, that is a big consideration for me).

I know you seem really against Toyota but I like them ... plus maybe it helped that my father is a manager at a Toyota dealership ... lol. But mainly I purchased a Toyota because they are one of the highest rated for reliability in Canada where I live - my city is a Toyota town and they have served a lot of people for many many years so I'm just falling in with the crowd so to speak. However I do absolutely love the car I purchased.

I do understand that VW is a good brand - but it's my preference that I don't like VW simply because, well, I don't. :p

By the way, thanks Eli. I'll come down there and you can see it firsthand. Muahahah.

I am really against them :p , because, I just am. They do make good cars, like the RunX and the old shape Corolla (the new shape sucks *ss :x ). The Corolla RXI was brilliant.

anyway Congratulations on the new car. I just got my first car recently too, and it rocks getting a new car... :rofl:

did your parents co-sign? prolly so since that was the only way i could get a better rate.

also if you have good credit yah but we cant even get credit!

Strange, I'd never bought a car before and put 0 down and got like 6.5%.

I don't know what it is about Toyota financing though, a guy I used to work with bought a Scion TC and got a 25% rate. But that's a long story.

I'm just starting out and I managed to pay for it ... and no it's not 'cheap' as you say. Maybe to you, but to me it's just fine. I use it to get to and from work and it does that job well. If I have to travel someplace, it will work for that too. There's no need to spend a LOT on a car to get something that will get you from point A to point B. Now, to each his/her own I suppose so everyone will have a different opinion on that. Some people like the most luxury they can cram in a metal box ... but me, I like to keep it simple and clean.

In any case, I did end up picking up the Yaris today ... it's awesome having my own car. Never owned one before so it sure beats taking the bus.