PS3 Price  

355 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 Price - How is it?

• It's Too High but I'll Still Buy One
    • It's Fine and I'll Buy One
    • It's Too High and the X360 is looking better to me
    • The Price Didn't Matter - I Don't Want One
    • Too high, would rather go with a Wii

The final design was shown at E3 just recently, the initial announcement indicating they were in the process of redesigning it was at CES

Oh, I see, simple time-context misunderstanding then. Cheers! :D

Considering how much fun I will have with it, its not too high. 360 may be cheaper, but I don't like any of the games.

conclusion: these consoles cant be compared, because one is for home entertainment and other is for games :laugh:

Which one is which in your opinion, because I'm pretty sure you're sorely mistaken :)

More like one is forcing everyone to pay extra for something that you may not even want or need (Blu-Ray) while the other is actually giving people the choice. Personally I have no interest at all in Blu-Ray or HD-DVD as far as movies go; I'm quite happy with my DVD collection. If I want to buy a gaming system, I don't need a lot of overpriced and unnecessary extras bundled along with it.

Which is funny because if youre implying the PS3 is the home entertainment device, Sony tried and failed miserably with the PSX, youd think theye would have learnt a lesson.

True... buying the $500 PS3 is just as stupid as buying the $300 Xbox 360 IMO.

Agreed they should get rid of the low end setup they just arnt worth it. They should get rid of them and produce more of the top ones IMO.

I just feel defeated by your superior arguments, ill come back to topics like that after ps3 launch... cya ... runs and cries in a dark corner

^ *learned :p , but yes, the Xbox 360 is clearly the superior home entertainment device with the MCE functionality.

ahh but the PS3 is going to have its own distro of linux. We can run some of the many wonderfull apps under linux to use for entertainment. I think the PS3 interface should be pretty decent though. Only time will tell, that or E3 :p

I just feel defeated by your superior arguments, ill come back to topics like that after ps3 launch... cya ... runs and cries in a dark corner

We're not trying to "defeat" you or act more "superior" than you or anything like that. I think for the most part we're just discussing our views and opinions on the recent press conference. There's no reason to feel "defeated" in any way, it's a forum, talk about what you feel like talking about and express your views and opinions.

ahh but the PS3 is going to have its own distro of linux. We can run some of the many wonderfull apps under linux to use for entertainment. I think the PS3 interface should be pretty decent though. Only time will tell, that or E3 :p

Really? Is Sony really allowing a distro of linux to run on their system out-of-box? Or did I miss your sarcasm severely? If they are then that is freaking sweet! Although, I would be pretty worried about hackers/cheaters/modders whilst playing online in whatever online system Sony musters up.

^ *learned :p , but yes, the Xbox 360 is clearly the superior home entertainment device with the MCE functionality.

Dont question the use of my native QUEENS ENGLISH language, i dont use some bastardised version like American English.

learn Audio pronunciation of "learnt" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l?rn)

v. learned, also learnt (l?rnt) learn?ing, learns

v. tr.

1. To gain knowledge, comprehension, or mastery of through experience or study.

It is high, and by the time PS3 reaches release, the x360 will probably have a price drop (making sales even worse for sony.

I did not read any of this thread beyond this, so if it is repeated.. blah. The problem with your analysis of the pricing is that the PS3 supports HD right out of the box by including Blu-Ray technology. XBOX360 failed to include HD-DVD at launch and MS is going to gouge their customers for it by tech price and limited supplies, just like they did with the initial 360 launch. $500 is very good considering most were predicting $800+ with the tech (on paper) that this system utilizes.

I'll buy one when it comes out.. looks awesome. So glad they didn't change the controller, too.

conclusion: these consoles cant be compared, because one is for home entertainment and other is for games :laugh:

Huh? They are both for home entertainment! The only difference is that Microsoft is better at it. The Playstation was the original home entertainment machine.

By the way, when the PS2 first came out, it was one of the cheapest DVD players you could buy.

Dont question the use of my native QUEENS ENGLISH language, i dont use some bastardised version like American English.

You also misspelled 'Wii' in your tag-line. :laugh: Just kidding.

I did not read any of this thread beyond this, so if it is repeated.. blah. The problem with your analysis of the pricing is that the PS3 supports HD right out of the box by including Blu-Ray technology. XBOX360 failed to include HD-DVD at launch and MS is going to gouge their customers for it by tech price and limited supplies, just like they did with the initial 360 launch.

What does Blu-Ray have to do with games? Both systems support HD gaming. A Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive is not necessary, at all. Second how do you know they are going to gouge their customers for the addon?

So glad they didn't change the controller, too.

Not sure which one you are talking about, but they did change the original boomerang design to one more like the older controllers, only with a somewhat lame copy of the Wii's motion sensing and the absense of rumble and force feedback.

I did not read any of this thread beyond this, so if it is repeated.. blah.

Yea, I suggest you track back and read a little more then. :p

What does Blu-Ray have to do with games? Both systems support HD gaming. A Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive is not necessary, at all. Second how do you know they are going to gouge their customers for the addon?

Not sure which one you are talking about, but they did change the original boomerang design to one more like the older controllers, only with a somewhat lame copy of the Wii's motion sensing and the absense of rumble and force feedback.

Sony never had force feedback, so not sure what you mean by that.

Huh? They are both for home entertainment! The only difference is that Microsoft is better at it. The Playstation was the original home entertainment machine.

By the way, when the PS2 first came out, it was one of the cheapest DVD players you could buy.

You can't really compare current 360 prices with spanking new PS3 prices...

I think it's fine, as long as they don't try to sell that crud controller for $30 :@

spanking new 360 prices are the same as current. only when the ps3 comes out the 360 is gonna cut $100 off its price. so its gonna be even cheaper

My mistake then, I've never owned a Playstation but I thought they had both rumble and feedback. :)

Yeah I really doubt Microsoft will drop the price on the 360 so soon. However, when November rolls around I could see it happening. In fact, I could see a $200 Core system, a $300 20GB version, and a $400 60GB or HD-DVD version or something.

Still, even without price changes, I'm expecting the Nintendo and Microsoft conferences to be way more interesting than Sony's.

Err, isn't that what the "shock" in "Dual Shock" means?

The PS2 controller sure shakes a lot for a controller that doesn't have feedback.

Theres a difference between Rumble and Force Feedback. Rumble just has 2 motors in the joypad which have weights on, when they spin it produces rumble.

Force Feedback, im not quite sure how to explain it, but like car racing arcade games, youd feel the road through the wheel and when you turn the wheel theres some friction/force wrestling the wheel from your hands, its a lot more than just simple rumbling.

Afaik Force Feedback would only apply to the PS2 analogue sticks which it doesnt.