PS3 Price  

355 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 Price - How is it?

• It's Too High but I'll Still Buy One
    • It's Fine and I'll Buy One
    • It's Too High and the X360 is looking better to me
    • The Price Didn't Matter - I Don't Want One
    • Too high, would rather go with a Wii

Actually, it's definantly worth it. It's an awesome system that has blu-ray, worth probably 1000+ on it's own.

It's just not realistic to sell that to normal consumers. :-\

And what you gonna do with that blue-ray if all the companies think it's not profitable to them to release any content in blue-ray format and just use HD-DVD (With the same quality, but lower cost to the consumer and the companies)? And Sony said the game gonna cache itself on the HD for faster load times. So I really don't see any use of the blue-ray capacity. Not really worth the extra price, IMHO.

Edited by Pupik

has there been a must have game for the PS3 shown yet? nothing to me looked that special, just beafed up PS2 and a 500 - 600 system

that price is REDICULOUS, you could build an awesome PC game rig for that amount easy (N)

What about VAT taxation? Are these selling prices (EUR500 and EUR600) prices reflecting the 20% avarage VAT Taxation in Europe?

I honestly doubt it. I bet the UK will slap the VAT right on top of a already stupidly pricey console.

Tbh I'll be getting the wii and keeping my 360.

The price is too low! I wished it was higher.

I'll buy it no doubt, probably 2 of them; I would sell one highly overpriced on eBay.

That's gonna be a killer $700 CAD. **** that! :|

Uh...no. By time the PS3 launches, our dollar will worth the same or more than the US dollar. Canadian dollar is already .9 US.

why do people see this as high price when the ps3 has bigger harddrive and has blueray? what money will the hd-dvd cost xbox360 users?

It's not the features. It's the price. Not everybody can spend $600 on a console. The hd-dvd add-on on Xbox 360 is optional. Sony is shoving it down your throat whether you like it or not and the $500 version will not even work for movies after studios decide to enforce their HDMI protection.

Uh...no. By time the PS3 launches, our dollar will worth the same or more than the US dollar. Canadian dollar is already .9 US.

Exchange rates normally get thrown out the window with this sort of thing.

It's not the features. It's the price. Not everybody can spend $600 on a console. The hd-dvd add-on on Xbox 360 is optional. Sony is shoving it down your throat whether you like it or not and the $500 version will not even work for movies after studios decide to enforce their HDMI protection.

so x360 with not as much features is better value at the same price*? what kind of logic is that ????

*based on a estimated 100-200 dollar hd-dvd attachment.

the prices are the same from what i see. microsoft doesnt do optional accessores. they will make it required for the hot games like halo3 or was it 4.

the prices are the same from what i see. microsoft doesnt do optional accessores. they will make it required for the hot games like halo3 or was it 4.

That is complete nonsense.

Actually, for few posts i've seen people complaining about cdn price, its not that bad. It shows 549 or 659 cdn.

post-60622-1147193435.jpg

Too High.

I really want one, but I already have an Xbox 360 and I'm not willing to spend more than $450 on a console. I'll grab one eventually though

Just for those who aren't aware, the $500 version has a significant number of features stripped away including HDMI support. If you want a decent PS3 you'll be paying $600 for one.

I think you kinda hit it on the head here. Arguably one of the major reasons for DVD's success (and also the PS2) was the fact that a PS2 was a pretty cheap DVD player. The $500 version won't have support for HDMI, so if any movies are copy protected, they probably won't even play over anything else (depending on how they end up implementing it). You're left with the only thing that makes sense being a $600 console.

Truth is, parents/kids make up a very huge part of sales, and most kids can't afford a $600 console on their own, and most parents aren't gonna wanna buy it for them when the Wii will probably cost less than half that much, and the Xbox 360 is $200 less.

I can see a kid with a ****ty job affording the $199 N64 when it came out, or maybe the $299 PS2. Hell, my mom had no problem buying me a PS2, because $300 isn't that bad for a xmas/birthday gift. But I was spoiled, and my mom still wouldn't have bought me a $600 console.

I null voted, because I won't get it at launch, I'll wait till the $600 version goes under $400, and then buy it. As for X360 I wouldn't buy it regardless of price, it's graphics and gameplay feel so much like PC, and I already have good enough PC. I dunno what it is, but PS2/3 graphics/gameplay just looks and feels somehow different and better to me. Original XBox purchase is one of my greatest tech buy regrets (if not the biggest one).

*cross fingers for low demand at lauch so prices fall faster*

wow, definitely going down the tube. I didn't like PS3 from day one and now, ouch!

Anyone want some, "grilled Benjamins?" LOL... cuz you're basically burning money buying this thing. It'll cost $636 (tax included) to get the top one and doesn't even include a game. So with games being $60 so you'll spend like $710 just to come home and play a game. THat's alot of money. I thought technology was supposed to make stuff cheaper, not more expensive! (same for Xbox) Yes i knew new technology is expensive but is the point to decrease costs for the manufacturer?

It's not too bad. for awhile everybody was talking about 700 this and 800 that. It's not more than expected at least.