Super Monkey Ball Wii screens

and to the poster a few posts up, my point is everything the wii can do could have been done with a cube addon because the heart of the console is the same.

Except the heart isn't the same.

And addon defeats the purpose of 'built-in' flash, and the Cube would have needed an external drive to read full size discs. Now, you add all that and miraculously get the broadband adapter over 1% market penetration and maybe, maybe, this hodgepodge of a Cube addon would be supported by developers.

No, sorry.

PS: Not every game is cell shaded, only this one.

Wow. Shetland you are not getting the point. Do you want to see realistic monkeys running in balls trying to get bananas?! If you do want that, you need therapy, otherwise, shut your mouth. ITS SUPER MONKEY BALL NOT HALO 3 OR FINAL FANTASY XIII!

why dont you shut your mouth and read MY comments, i never said i wanted it to look realistic but rather i expect it to look good, i.e lacking jaggies and with anistro.

I've seen my share of bad graphics, this is one of the worst. Yeah, I said it. Go on bash me. It's pointless to do so anyways.

Seriously, you sure this isn't for DS?

Lot's of game screenshots have jaggie edges until AA is implemented, we don't know the Wii will have AA, but I know I can never tell the difference on my TV. Maybe it just sucks. :/

looking forward to it, i am hoping that N may open some peoples eyes to the fact that eye candy isnt what it's all about, if the graphics are great then that's a bonus, i am just glad that they have brought a bit more interaction to games. i can't wait to buy one

I'm really disturbe dby people complaining of games that have jaggines... Seriously what kinda gamer are you? Play the game and I can garantie that you wouldn't care at all about the graphics. Gamers these days are getting more and more tiresome and demanding. Thank god for Wii that quit the graphics race. Bring me a fresh gameexperience, not just graphics, thanks.

Lot's of game screenshots have jaggie edges until AA is implemented, we don't know the Wii will have AA, but I know I can never tell the difference on my TV. Maybe it just sucks. :/

The Wii can do AA. GameCube could. Same with aniso.

ANY console can do aa, the point is can it do it without serious framerate issues, thats down to how 'good' the hardware is and this is why you need to keep in the graphics race.

I don't see that Nintendo will be bringing a 'sub par' graphics card to the Wii, they have just decided not to output in HD. It's still most likely to be current gen in terms of shifting stuff about though. Just means they don't need to push the price up so high.

lol - all these people complaining about graphics. Look - if you want the latest greatest, go get the PS3 and pay for the honour - there is a reason that their system is going to cost 3X the cost of the Wii....! The Nintendo systems have always been about playability which i'm sure these games will have by the buttload! The graphics look good enough for me (have you seen Mario Galaxy?!) - hell I was playing Warioware last two nights back on my mates Gamecube and then Parapper the Rapper and then 4 player Konami Track and Field on his PSOne - all have comparatively lousy graphics but I was laughing my head off and had a great time just on the gameplay alone...

Geddit yet? There are plenty of people who don't care about been bleeding edge graphically but just care about good games.. Nintendo cater for them, and Nintendo will rock this 3rd gen console battle because of it.. you'll see!

lol - all these people complaining about graphics. Look - if you want the latest greatest, go get the PS3 and pay for the honour - there is a reason that their system is going to cost 3X the cost of the Wii....! The Nintendo systems have always been about playability which i'm sure these games will have by the buttload! The graphics look good enough for me (have you seen Mario Galaxy?!) - hell I was playing Warioware last two nights back on my mates Gamecube and then Parapper the Rapper and then 4 player Konami Track and Field on his PSOne - all have comparatively lousy graphics but I was laughing my head off and had a great time just on the gameplay alone...

Geddit yet? There are plenty of people who don't care about been bleeding edge graphically but just care about good games.. Nintendo cater for them, and Nintendo will rock this 3rd gen console battle because of it.. you'll see!

Word.

My favorite thing about nintendo, is they don't care about all of the graphics ###### like someone said. They are making amazing games, and the people who love them get to play them. They don't pander to the masses so much. Look at Mario Sunshine, or Celda. Both great games that were bitched about because they were 'kiddy'. Well I am going to buy the Wii and I salivate at the change to finally play monkey ball with a motion sensor controller.

Nintendo needs to realize that "next-gen" is a combination of both great graphics, and great gameplay, not one or the other. All you Nintendo fans should realize that too. :whistle:

Jealous on a system that will be available for pretty much everyone who is willing to pay the prize tag?

This won't be anything exclusive that only you and a limited amount of die-hard Nintendo fans can acquire.

Exactly. Now I am a Nintendo fan, I don't, nor have I ever, owned a Playstation, or Xbox (any generation). I've been a true Nintendo player since NES, but lately it's been to hard to be a Nintendo player, but lately, Nintendo has become the Mac of the gaming industry. Limited games, but the people who have them still seem to think they are better then everyone else.

You fanboys are so caught up in thinking Nintendo and the Wii is infallible aren't even capable of thinking that perhaps, just maybe, great graphics can be in games that also have great game play. Sure monkeyball is different, but you know what, gameplay is pointless if the games are too fugly to look at.

Furthermore, what is Nintendo doing with their games that is so different? Not much. Sure they have a brand new controler, and it's spiffy, but the games are the same old games. Another Mario, another Zelda, big whoop.

Look at the other systems. Gears of War, Spore, Assassin's Creed, the War game (whose name escapes me) that is massive. New games, new ideas, not the same old thing recycled over and over (mind the sports and racing games).

New controlers are nice, but I want new games too.

At least Nintendo and developers are trying. Nearly all the games in the industry are the same. Sure you may have new ideas but they're more or less the same games in different settings.

Gears of War and Warhawk are the same in different settings. The only hopeful game is Spore and noone knows what Assassins Creed will look like.

I expect sequels for all of those mentioned games, when sequels come out they're not fresh and original anymore.

Gears of War and Warhawk are the same in differnt settings?

warhawk -http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748468.html I never knew I could fly around planes and fight battleships or whatever in Gears of War

Gears of War - http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html o yes they are totally the same thing just in differnt settings :rofl:

Same gameplay with improved graphics. Yes, ultimately the same deal over and over again. Nintendo is trying to bring something new to the gamingindustry, not just beefing up the graphics to satisfy the hardcore gamers lust for more realistic graphics.

Just take a look on what they did with DS, they really are on to something. And those complaining about the graphics on Super Monkey Ball should really open their eyes and see games for what they are and not what they look like. Gamers these days are bithing about anything now...

Gears of War and Warhawk are the same in differnt settings?

warhawk -http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748468.html I never knew I could fly around planes and fight battleships or whatever in Gears of War

Gears of War - http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html o yes they are totally the same thing just in differnt settings :rofl:

Well it is, Gears of War is just a shoot-em-up and Warhawk is a combat flying game like Star Wars X-Wing Alliance or similar.

With those games it would never attract the non-gamer market.

Well it is, Gears of War is just a shoot-em-up and Warhawk is a combat flying game like Star Wars X-Wing Alliance or similar.

No, no, no no no no nooooooooo....

Its a 3rd person shooter/action game as far as I know (I dont remember seeing any first person parts, correct me if I'm wrong). A shoot em up is a game like Ikaruga, Gradius, etc.

Sorry-- but I hate it when people mix up the two. I read an article in a magazine about first person shooters that called them shoot-em-ups throught the entire article... aaaugh ;(

At least Nintendo and developers are trying. Nearly all the games in the industry are the same. Sure you may have new ideas but they're more or less the same games in different settings.

Gears of War and Warhawk are the same in different settings. The only hopeful game is Spore and noone knows what Assassins Creed will look like.

I expect sequels for all of those mentioned games, when sequels come out they're not fresh and original anymore.

Please, Chanser, every Zelda, and every Mario are essentially the same game. Super Mario Galaxy? I can predict it now, Mario fights Bowser in a space suit. WOW! Never would have guessed! :p

Oh and Zelda... come on, you know what's coming. Oh hi there Ganon, didn't expect you here! Psych.

Wrong. Gears of War is not a shoot-em-up. Have you even seen the videos? It has no first person modes, it's actulally innovative in the sense that it's a "Run, take cover, look, shoot" kind of game.

Ask yourself, what exactly are you paying for here?

1. HD Support? Nope (But Miyamoto promises the next console will have it. WTF? Why not now?)

2. Graphics? :laugh: :rofl: (I laugh, but this one may change)

3. Innovative games? No, just an innovative controller.

4. A gimmick? Bingo!

Might as well get yourself a Playstation 3. :whistle:

Please, Chanser, every Zelda, and every Mario are essentially the same game. Super Mario Galaxy? I can predict it now, Mario fights Bowser in a space suit. WOW! Never would have guessed! :p

Oh and Zelda... come on, you know what's coming. Oh hi there Ganon, didn't expect you here! Psych.

Wrong. Gears of War is not a shoot-em-up. Have you even seen the videos? It has no first person modes, it's actulally innovative in the sense that it's a "Run, take cover, look, shoot" kind of game.

Ask yourself, what exactly are you paying for here?

1. HD Support? Nope (But Miyamoto promises the next console will have it. WTF? Why not now?)

2. Graphics? :laugh: :rofl: (I laugh, but this one may change)

3. Innovative games? No, just an innovative controller.

4. A gimmick? Bingo!

Might as well get yourself a Playstation 3. :whistle:

At least the main Nintendo franchises are good most of the time.

Nearly every game is the same, doh my mistake Gears of War is a 3rd person shooter a bit like CS or BF2 or GTA, run, duck and cover.

Now why did Sony add motion sensing capabilities at the last minute? I believe motion sensing technology has reached maturity. The Sidewinder controller was just crap, it was too jittery and no proper game support for it.

Sure the graphics may look like Gamecube/Xbox graphics, but the existing technology is cheap to make.

The Wii can't output HD, but at least it can output 480p like the Gamecube did. HD would be a litte bit expensive if they wanted the Wii cheap.

DS didn't do too well within it's first year did it, everyone was like shocked because it had 2 screens. But look at the market now DS is now popular making good use of the touch screen and tapping into non-gamer market.

In the end the developers are running out of ideas. They don't want to risk creating new fresh games as the next generation is pretty expensive to produce.