Water fuel? HHO Gas? Fuel Cells?

I came accross the homepage for this gas last week, this is amazing. HHO, aka Aquygen can/will replace acetylene gas used by welders and other trades. What most people do not know is that acetylene is a volatile gas and is dangerous to work with. With Aquygen gas, welders for example could do their jobs safer, cleaner, and 30% faster than with acetylene. That is a big plus. Also there are other applications that everyone doesn't know about. Aquygen gas bonds with gases, liquids, and solids and improves their thermal content of combustion. This mean improved automotive fuels, aircraft fuels, and fuels used to heat your home or cook your dinner. Aquygen has many applications and it is the future. Only a complete moron would look and Aquygen and say..."nothing will ever come of it, I want to keep shelling out all my money on gas."

http://hytechapps.com/

http://media.putfile.com/HHO-GAS

this is what i think....

Water is not the fuel--it's not the source of energy. Electricity from your local power plant is your source of power. Electrolysing water and then burning the result gets you around the simple problem that electricity itself doesn't burn. You can burn hydrocarbons, like butane or gasoline, but then you have to store the fuel (which can be dangerous).

Instead, you store water, a very stable substance. You use electricity to turn that water into fuel, then immediately burn the result, turning it back into water. You can even take that waste water and run it back through the system. You always get less power out of the system than you put into it (laws of thermodynamics in effect here); but you've effectively found a way to burn hydrogen without having to store the hydrogen and oxygen, which can be very dangerous to store.

A water-powered car isn't really powered by water. It's battery-powered. However, puting water into the system allows you to still use a combustion engine, rather than electric motors. It's not nearly as efficient, which is why this route isn't being pursued by auto makers. But there can be advantages, depending on your needs.

:pinch:

This bloke has quite a great thing on his hand. If he gets the patients then he gotta charge little or nothing for this.

If he holds it to himself them he is stupid.

Fascinating stuff, the only thing right now is streamlining the electrolysis process to the point that we get more energy from the reaction than what is used to produce the gasses. If we can do that, and it seems his company is working on this, we could have the future of fuels.

I still think we need to concentrate more effort into figuring out a solution to nuclear waste because as it stands for massive power needs, that is the ticket. Clean, efficient, and very cost effective. We just have to do something with the waste.

So imagine 20 years from now, every car will run on water, power will be produced primarily from nuclear (fission or fusion, depending on whether cold fusion is achieved before we find a way to minimize the nuclear waste from fission plants), and the earth will be a lot cleaner. No more nasty smog and haze, just a clean wonderful planet. The only thing is that OPEC and its government buddies will stop it nothing to prevent this dream from coming true...

The Governments will find a way of making money out of it.

They will just bump up road tax and maybe lump insureance companys with a special tax where they have to collect a standard fee

They would probley tax you on the speed and power of your car or engery it consumes

Hydrogen burns well, and adding Oxygen makes it burn stronger and hotter (look at the Hindenburg), so it would make a suitable gas for a welder.

The problem though, how to split up the water into the separate elements (Hydrogen and Oxygen), you need to use Electrolysis, and that is where the problems come in, it's not that efficient (but more efficient than a car engine though, which is horribly inefficient), some places say around 40%, others around 80%, it all depends on how it's performed (using platinum increases the efficiency, but it's very expensive).

Who knows though, they might have made a very efficient form of electrolysis that increases the efficiency, and if they have, then good for them.

Oh yeah, and it's not a car running on water, it's running on Hydrogen, get it right! :laugh:

Edited by The_Decryptor

So imagine 20 years from now, every car will run on water, power will be produced primarily from nuclear (fission or fusion, depending on whether cold fusion is achieved before we find a way to minimize the nuclear waste from fission plants), and the earth will be a lot cleaner. No more nasty smog and haze, just a clean wonderful planet. The only thing is that OPEC and its government buddies will stop it nothing to prevent this dream from coming true...

I don't know if we would move on that quickly but I certainly do hope so, you never know what the future hold. 20 years ago, it was popular belief then thought we would live in space today but we don't. However with this technology available now, it seems possible.