Help needed with WMP11

@bizness: Global hotkeys aren't a feature of WMP.

@6thfactor: Just monitor the major folder all the subfolders are in. So monitor:

c:\music\randomitunesfolders

Does that not work for you... ?

Im also having sum problems with WMP11, for some reason its decided that instead of seeing theres one full album, its decided to put it as 2 albums with a few songs from the album in each one, and i dont know why. It did it once or twice in WMP10 but to solve it i just dragged 1 of the albums over the other and said yes to the changes. but WMP11 wont let you do that

If you dont understand wot i mean, in the below pic, there are two albums of America by the Offspring and 2 Anastacia albums. With the Anastacia album the first 1 has Track 1 in while the other has all the other tracks from the album in.

Does anyone know how to fix this? i mean iv checked they have the same artist name, album name etc all the same but still it does it

wmp114ig.th.jpg

Im also having sum problems with WMP11, for some reason its decided that instead of seeing theres one full album, its decided to put it as 2 albums with a few songs from the album in each one, and i dont know why. It did it once or twice in WMP10 but to solve it i just dragged 1 of the albums over the other and said yes to the changes. but WMP11 wont let you do that

If you dont understand wot i mean, in the below pic, there are two albums of America by the Offspring and 2 Anastacia albums. With the Anastacia album the first 1 has Track 1 in while the other has all the other tracks from the album in.

Does anyone know how to fix this? i mean iv checked they have the same artist name, album name etc all the same but still it does it

wmp114ig.th.jpg

Well it seems that they are recognized differently by media library update,u'll need to detect the differences ( spaces betweem words,dots,comas,year,genre)everything slightly different from the main album,changed them util those 2 get fusioned again,in my case i had few of these problems in organizing my music,but with a little work,it's all fine here :)

got it?

post-69181-1147911902_thumb.jpg

Edited by EduardValencia

@bizness: Global hotkeys aren't a feature of WMP.

@6thfactor: Just monitor the major folder all the subfolders are in. So monitor:

c:\music\randomitunesfolders

Does that not work for you... ?

Yeah thats what I figured... but it doesn't work out for me. It seems to look inside of the subfolders, but it doesnt add any of the music from there to my library. The only way it works is if I add each invididual album folder, where the music is directly inside of that folder.

What's the path to the folder (you can replace your username with "blah" or whatever if needed), and what file format are they?

Does anyone know how to arrange music by Disc? Because that's how I arrange it in iTunes.

PSG22

Click on the Column headers, choose Choose Columns, choose "File Path", click OK. Click the File Path header to sort by that.

This moves it into an easy details view (the only list headers are between "major folders") sorted by disc location... should be what you want, and also a good choice for people who want a "headerless" view. =\

What's the path to the folder (you can replace your username with "blah" or whatever if needed), and what file format are they?

F:\My Music

I have all my music stored on my external usb-connected HD.. but even if I attempt it from the My Music folder on my internal C drive, it still doesn't add them properly.

Click on the Column headers, choose Choose Columns, choose "File Path", click OK. Click the File Path header to sort by that.

This moves it into an easy details view (the only list headers are between "major folders") sorted by disc location... should be what you want, and also a good choice for people who want a "headerless" view. =\

It doesn't work :( . How do you arrange it by Set then as that's what it shows in the ID3 tag of WMP11.

PSG22

F:\My Music

I have all my music stored on my external usb-connected HD.. but even if I attempt it from the My Music folder on my internal C drive, it still doesn't add them properly.

To add to that, most of them are .mp3 format. The .mp3's are my main concern.

ALSO:

Just realized this.

There is one album it adds automatically.... it's buried the same way in subfolders as the others (Artist -> Album -> Songs), but for some reason WMP11 finds it but not any others? The album is in .mp3 format.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

Can you add images or album artwork for itmes that only show ugly CD image?

How do you get files out of the Unkown Artist folder?

@ PSG: You're confusing me by posting in multiple threads. The other thread has more data, so let's stick there. :)

@ 6th: You probably should supply as much data as possibe about this in the microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player newsgroup. I haven't had or seen any problems along those lines, but there are library people there that might be more aware of potential issues and also more able to ask the right questions about what you're seeing. As long as the folders are in the library and a type WMP understands, they should be able to be added. =\

@ biz: No, WMP doesn't natively support global hotkeys. If you're in the Media Library pane and have a track selected, pressing Space will play/pause you, but that might be a post beta feature.

@ PSG: You're confusing me by posting in multiple threads. The other thread has more data, so let's stick there. :)

Sorry about that :blush: . It's quite confusing what with multiple threads going around and this problem getting on my nerves :laugh: . In any case, I've posted in the other thread about my point so I hope you would understand what I'm implying :D .

PSG22

2) Is there a way to import playlist saved as XML or TXT files to WMP11?

I'm looking for this and any way to import last playtimes / ratings / date added / etc from an iTunes library.

I'm hoping it's not too difficult for somebody to write such a program, because iTunes exports the library into an XML. I just don't know how WMP handles such importing.