Neowin Digital Photo Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin digital photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Have fun!

First foto!

post-45334-1149152763_thumb.jpg

This is a foto I took in an Germanian temple in the south of Germany. Basically I just made it B/W and added contrast in PS CS2.

^looks nice. where do you guys learn how to post-process in ps?

I'm glad you like 'em. I taught myself over the years by experimenting with blending options, filters and other adjustments, but I know there are lots of nice tutorials out there on the Internet. Books about Photoshop or Photoshop Elements is also a good way to start.

Btw, I forgot to say that I like that photo Xam_Remny.

mju-tree-small.jpg

Was walking out when I saw this photo opertunity, so I whiped my camera out and took this, I think the fill flash went off as well, which isn't what I origionally wanted, but it seems to have worked. Its croped a bit, I can blame the lab for that.

mju-girl-small.jpg

Quite a crop to get to look good on the net, also a quite a bit of dogging needed.

mju-party-large.jpg

Was at a Muslim birthday party, thrown by my local restaurant. They could not give me enough food, if my plate was empty they would come and as me if I wanted more . At one point I turned the flash off,I was surprised this turned out as the shutter speed was so slow, when looking though the photos this picture just lept out at me. and yes that is a cathlic priest in there.

I think this is pretty. Taken at the Dallas Zoo

72909852-M.jpg

nice, I really like this one :)

I took this the other day... I don't think it's that great but it's all I have to post as of late, haven't been out with my camera much recently.

p529014465659xm.jpg

post-51625-1149431901_thumb.jpg

post-51625-1149431951_thumb.jpg

Just a couple I was screwing around with last night.

On a separate topic, who makes the best polarizers? I really need to get one before my vacation in a couple of weeks as I just lost my old one. Don't ask. I have no idea how I lost it..... :cry:

^ I have a Hoya filter for my 350D is great IMO, its also adjustable so you can change the strength of the affect just make sure you get one that will fit your lens. Like your second shot BTW

I don't think I am the 1337 photographer, But I think to many people think this is a good place to waste bandwidth with masses of snapshots from there day, when they are cabable of so much more than that, I think it would be better if people just put the best pics here :angry:

monoflowers.jpg

Just got my first camera yesterday, a Nikon D50, which i am over the moon with (although it cost more than i can really afford...lol)...

So, i thought i'd take it in the garden and have a play about and came up with the following (which were edited in photoshop aswell):-

My_K750i_by_houlty.jpg

Yale_by_houlty.jpg

Unsure_Sky_by_houlty.jpg

Garden_Broom_by_houlty.jpg

***Click links for bigger views***

Leave comments and suggestions for improvement please,

cheers,

houlty...

@All of you who've posted so far: Awesome photos. You're all a great source of inspiration.

I especially like that caterpillar from Harreh a.k.a HarrY. :) Great contrast between the green caterpillar and the stone (asphalt?).

I especially like that caterpillar from Harreh a.k.a HarrY. :) Great contrast between the green caterpillar and the stone (asphalt?).

agreed, really like that one too. :)