Vista's New Fonts

Vista has quite a few stunning new (WEB 2.0!!!) fonts, some of them almost scream out for art developers and designers, they're really good!

NeoSmart Technologies has a review of the 10 most used/most popular fonts that come with Windows Vista, complete with screenshots, critques, and sample usages.

View: Vista's New Fonts

Mirror (just in case): Coral Cache

Source: NeoSmart Technologies

Screenshots: NeoSmart Font Gallery

Edited by Computer Guru

Cambria looks pretty good. I prefer Lucida Grande to Calibri, but Calibri looks pretty nice none-the-less.

I just wanted to add that these fonts are not yet released and therefore considered warez here at Neowin. Anyone posting links to download these fonts will be warned!

As for the fonts, they are stunning! :yes:

I just wanted to add that these fonts are not yet released and therefore considered warez here at Neowin. Anyone posting links to download these fonts will be warned!

Wow didn't know that. Thanks for warning.

Since there in Office 2007 and it's public, it's still warez (the fonts)?

IIRC even afterwards it would be illegal: they're not freely redistributable.... :pinch:

(I just noticed your tagline under the avatar.... in light of the MS obsession with that letter i find it an interesting coincidence :p)

Vista has quite a few stunning new (WEB 2.0!!!) fonts, some of them almost scream out for art developers and designers, they're really good!

NeoSmart Technologies has a review of the 10 most used/most popular fonts that come with Windows Vista, complete with screenshots, critques, and sample usages.

View: Vista's New Fonts

Mirror (just in case): Coral Cache

Source: NeoSmart Technologies

Screenshots: NeoSmart Font Gallery

Web 2.0? Yeesh, those buzzwords are annoying enough if they're actually related.

The fonts don't look bad, but... I dunno, they're just fonts. Are they that special? :huh:

Cambria is probably the best, but they all sort of look very similar.. but very easy on the eyes :D

im going to enjoy these when vista hits

so if I have Vista, can I just move one of these fonts to my WinXP laptop by just copying the file out of the c:\windows\fonts\ folder? Is that illegal to ask?...I hope not, because I am a legitimate MSDN tester.

You screwed my day... :p i wanted em :(

I love Consolas for some reason, lol

so if I have Vista, can I just move one of these fonts to my WinXP laptop by just copying the file out of the c:\windows\fonts\ folder? Is that illegal to ask?...I hope not, because I am a legitimate MSDN tester.

Yeah, they're just plain ol' OpenType fonts.

Yeah, they're just plain ol' OpenType fonts.

[Offtopic] Your sig just made me shed a tear... [/Offtopic]

Holy crap yeah! I have them all! LOL! Didn't even know!! <3 Office 07.