Vista's New Fonts

They look great. I wonder if Microsoft will redesign the font preview windows? You know, live font testing with whatever words you want.

Changing the default font of MS Office from Times New Roman to a san serif font is going to **** off a lot of english teachers when their nimrod students can't figure out how to change it.

Awesome.

Changing the default font of MS Office from Times New Roman to a san serif font is going to **** off a lot of english teachers when their nimrod students can't figure out how to change it.

I always thought that Sylfaen should have been the default serif font of MS Office. It looks much smoother than Times New Roman, imo.

He is linking to a public beta of Office 2007 not the seperate font files :)

Well I just installed the beta, and Calibri seems to display jap char's fine, think ive found my new mIRC font :happy:

Thanks for the link.

I just learned this awesome ######-bit from the site:

Have you ever wrote a post or reply or comment on a page, or filled a form, or answered a survey just to find out you clicked a link by accident and ?lost? your work? Hold down shift and then use the mouse/keyboard scroll wheel: you can attempt to go forward or backward in your browser history from the RAM. This isn?t like the back/front buttons at the top, those take you to the URL stored, but the scroll wheel trick will load the contents from memory, and if you?re lucky, the form hasn?t been reset.:D/quote] :D

http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/177

Wave' date='Jun 5 2006, 17:09' post='587576694']

Awesome.

On a positive note, we should soon expect to break free from the 90s-00s tradition of countless documents typed up in the same old plain font.

I'm quite satisfied with Calibri. All my documents typed up within Word 2007 using Calibri look a lot better. Now if only this beta can print properly. :pinch:

Web 2.0? Yeesh, those buzzwords are annoying enough if they're actually related.

It's starting to get on my nerves, these fonts dont even have any thing to do with the net, it's like me saying this new program on my mac makes my car run faster, it makes no sense.

Only font i really like is Consolas, and i "like" Segoe, but that's because it's a "rip" of another font, Frutiger Linotype.

Thanks for the news, anyone know if they are unicode?

Fonts themselves aren't really unicode or not, unicode tells what characters to be used. But yes, these fonts are multi-lingual.

Also, FREE LEGAL DOWNLOAD LINK for Consolas.. MS approved.

Wow, Microsoft have done a great job with them... I like Segoe Print the best. Now if only they could get the font designers working on the main UI we'd be set! :p

I like them, particularly Segoe print (Y)

I agree, but I'm also leaning towards Corbel as it looks quite nice and clean :yes: .

PSG22?

I still think Trebuchet MS is the best font ever. </opinion>

hehe, this is the font we have to use at work for all our external mails / proposals etc :D

looks lovely

Well I just installed the beta, and Calibri seems to display jap char's fine, think ive found my new mIRC font :happy:

Calibri itself is pretty bare-bones. It doesn't contain any extra Unicode ranges aside from the standard stuff (Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, punctuation and number forms). So it doesn't contain any CJK characters (the way Arial Unicode does). Windows just knows to get those characters from some other font.

Unless they've changed it since the version i got, anyway.

Calibri itself is pretty bare-bones. It doesn't contain any extra Unicode ranges aside from the standard stuff (Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, punctuation and number forms). So it doesn't contain any CJK characters (the way Arial Unicode does). Windows just knows to get those characters from some other font.

Unless they've changed it since the version i got, anyway.

oic, well it appears to be fine in irc, displaying all my unicode'd mp3 tags fine....i prefer it too Arial anyway...altho im using Segoe UI now :)

Wave' date='Jun 5 2006, 22:09' post='587576694']

Awesome.

So we'll finally get a break from Times New Roman. Nothing looks worse than sheets and sheets of times new roman when you're printing anything that should look professional.