666 or 616?

The 6/6/6 thing is ridiculous. First off, 6/6/6 has occured 21 times since 1 A.D. And what about the entire year 666 AD? And even 616 AD or 999 AD?

Not to mention that the modern calendar is arbitrary anyway. What about the hebrew calendar year 666?

well, 666 has only happened really 2 times, 666 AD, and, 6/6/6 AD.. thats it.. everything else is false representation of the number 6.. as in 2006. 1906, 1806, 1706...

This is the biggest load of crap since I used the bathroom 10 minutes ago. And that was alot of crap. :crazy:

Not enjoying your bathroom sessions now are you? :p

you guys do know we changed the calendar like 3 times since that was written right? :whistle: so any biblical date is pretty much worthless, or we would be planting tomatos in november....

Not enjoying your bathroom sessions now are you? :p

:huh: This rant was about the fact that some people really thought that day was important. I was saying it wasnt. This rant was against that idea. The second load of crap I was referring to was that foolish idea.

From what I understand the 666 stands for the 6th hour of the 6th day of the 6th month (I think it was mentioned in the orginal Omen movie too), so it happens every year.

DoomsDay is bull****, the end is when u die, then why the hell re people trying to **** us up, let us live without ****ing up with a ****ing doomsday, thats the stupidest thing i ever heard, why cant it be 999? or 111? 222? or maybe 666666666? thats a lot of crapwhy 666 is the number of the "beast" why not 111? or 888?

those re just a pile of numbers noone predicts the future thats bull****, theres a program on tv called bull**** u all gotta watch it its very informative.

lol im not trying to offend any1 but thats bull****

• 3 weeks later...

Way back in the Biblical days and the pre-Biblical days and thereabouts, they were very big on the supposed significance of numbers and combinations of numbers, also the divinatory qualities attributed to numbers.

But that was 2000 and more years ago and didn't we, during the enlightenment and since, give up superstition and stupid false beliefs as we liberated our minds from the falsehoods forced upon us by those religious nazis who told us what to believe and what to think ?

Surely nobody still seriously believes in numerology and gematria?

Oh alright, they do! But I find that seriously depressing.

Seriously.

;) According to a biblical scholar who studied the 'original' scrolls, the number was misinterpreted: it is supposed to be 6 6 4.

Nostradamus claims that 664 is related to nuclear launch codes of a Mid-east tyrant -- probably in Iran; used in perhaps 30 to 50 years from now.

Nostradamus was a pretty interesting guy, I never knew he predicted that though. Not saying that he is right with everything, but some of his stuff is a pretty interesting read.

hmm 616 could be a nice idea. In that case, Maiden would have to bring a new album :punk:

616 the number of the beast hehe

I don't think I'd ever listen to The Number Of The Beast if it said Six - Sixteen, the number of the beast! :p