MSBlog Exclusive: Vista Beta 2 is public!

I'm still not able to even partition my damn hard drive yet. I keep getting an Error message saying that the hard drive cannot be locked. :hmmm:

Anybody have any ideas? PM me if you do or email me at alex@robbinswebinc.com.

--Alex

For anybody that doesn't want to burn the DVD, HERE is your solution. The webpage explains all, it requires a manual setup and the best part is it is made by, but not supported by, Microsoft.

Hope I helped.

Now i have a question. I recently got my own computer and installed a 30gb slave drive on it. I have a small amount of music(1-2gbs) on it and Winamp. I just ordered a internet adapter for it and would like to test this out. I don't have internet yet, so don't tell me to run Windows Vista tester or whatever. If i have about 27gbs on a slave drive and 512 ram, would i be able to run this? It is a 5 year old Gateway so i assume it will have a good enough proccesor. I couldn't find a model number anywhere on the PC. I think its a v800, but I'm not sure. On my main drive i have Windows Xp Pro w. valid serial number.

Please let me know if I helped you or if you can help me.

Peace

I'm still not able to even partition my damn hard drive yet. I keep getting an Error message saying that the hard drive cannot be locked. :hmmm:

Anybody have any ideas? PM me if you do or email me at alex@robbinswebinc.com.

--Alex

http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/

Burn the Live CD image, partition your drive, install Vista, have a great day. ;)

Worked for me. You should probably defrag your disk first. Other than that, you should be fine. I deleted a partition and then resized my main partition. I let Vista setup the new partition and then format it.

@frogger - maybe, maybe not. It's really the drivers you need to worry about and video card. I have a Radeon 9200 so I can't use Aero, but the rest seems to work pretty well (not fully responsive at all times, but it works). I have a P4 2.5GHz, 786MB ram, 256MB 9200 card. I do plan to upgrade everything closer to the end of the year -- just for Vista. :D

Would it work since its a slave drive, or would it ignore it on startup.

off topic:

Also, to get the slave drive into the pc and connect it i had to put it at a wired angle, i secured it , but now on every startup my comp has to "repair" it. It works fine afterwod, but would this hinder it if i did install Vista?

Thanks for helping.

Peace

@ StarSabers. How does it look without glass?

Because I'm half way through the download now, but wanna know what it will look like (since I have a (9200 256Mb aswell).

I've seen people complaining how bad it looks without glass. Is that really the case?

Could you stick a screenshot up?

Cheers.

is there any legal torrent out for this?

i can't download from MS, everytime i try it says its to busy try again later

is there any legal torrent out for this?

i can't download from MS, everytime i try it says its to busy try again later

I had a stroke of luck this morning: I managed to get to the download page.

However, I could not get the Akamai downloader to work.

I got the x64 iso with Internet Download Manager ( and a lot of patience )

(Other DM like Leechget or Free Download Manager did not work well)

@ StarSabers. How does it look without glass?

Because I'm half way through the download now, but wanna know what it will look like (since I have a (9200 256Mb aswell).

I've seen people complaining how bad it looks without glass. Is that really the case?

Could you stick a screenshot up?

Cheers.

I present to you, in all it's glory, Aero basic...

post-65970-1149869890_thumb.jpg

I present to you, in all it's glory, Aero basic...

thanks

not too bad, although they could change the grey around the windows to white or black. Can probably get used to the grey though, as my desktop is black, so the tranparency I got using WB, makes it looks kinda greyish.

Still, I think it looks better than the default XP blue.

thanks

not too bad, although they could change the grey around the windows to white or black. Can probably get used to the grey though, as my desktop is black, so the tranparency I got using WB, makes it looks kinda greyish.

Still, I think it looks better than the default XP blue.

You get use to it, really isnt that bad. I had it for alittle while until I got glass fixed up.

Yeah, it's not that bad without glass.

@frogger: I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. It'll recreate your boot records on the primary drive to use the new Vista bootloader and add Vista to it in the process.

when u order the dvd for vista beta 2, wat does the box look like, or does it come in an envolope, nd if it does wat does the cd look like??!! :)

I'm posting from my new Windows Vista installation :)

So far so good. No major problems that I can see, though on a 512MB RAM system it's a little bit sluggish :(

--Alex

I got it, burned to DVD, and now I'm installing. If I have enouguh spare time today I'll write up a quick review of it in the Reviews section of this forum.

its still downloading since 7 June for me :(

Are you using Firefox by any chance :blink: ? Because it is better to use a download manager to handle large files such as FlashGet. When I downloaded through Firefox, it displayed that it would take at leat 6 days for me to receive :laugh: . I decided to use FlashGet and only took me 16 hours :cool: .

PSG22?