MSBlog Exclusive: Vista Beta 2 is public!

Dunno if anyone else has picked this up yet, but on the Windows Vista Get Ready site, where you can download the beta from, it says "(You will receive another e-mail message when RC1 is available.)".

So we're getting RC1 aswell then?

It seems the servers are a lot more stable when North America's asleep. :laugh:

This beta's been through two failed downloads in FlashGet. This third attempt has been successful for the last hour or so - before then, there were a lot of timeouts.

hmmm, I was just about to go and download it again because the one thats currently going isn't connecting and I got this message;

"Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista Beta 2.

We are currently experiencing a high level of demand and cannot process your request at this time.

Please check back later for availability. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Could be why it can't connect :p

I started downloading from BitTorrent last night because I didn't want to wait any more. By the time it's done they should just about be releasing product keys :D

Just so everyone knows, since the MSBlog page says there is no key request page yet...

To get a Valid Product Key:

-Head to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

-Scroll down to Download Now

-Select your Country

-Sign in to Microsoft Live

It will give you a product key that will work on up to 10 computers. :D

And you can request up to 2 keys per e-mail address!

I am happy to announce that I am posting this from my new Vista installation :-D No major problems so far, except no glass (Radeon 9200..)

whats a good download manager?!?!

iam using Freedownload manager, but it just won't pick up speed anymore on 36%

Just wait for the Microsoft servers to free themselves up.

A download manager would be pretty useless at the moment (apart from the pause and resume features) as there are no mirrors for the download yet.

Just wait for the Microsoft servers to free themselves up.

A download manager would be pretty useless at the moment (apart from the pause and resume features) as there are no mirrors for the download yet.

yea thought so. Hope they fix this soon iam getting under 1KB/s

can someone post the two links to the iso's please so i can use free download to get them? i have my key but clicking the link for the english version just shows a busy page. Thanks

links for dowloading the ISO's are on beta news, so if you have your key from MS get the iso's from there.

Forgive me. But its "ISOs", not "ISO's" << Plural, not possessive.

The x64 downloaded from Betanews is 13.7 Mb, leechget reports that size divided by ten. It must be one of these days where everything with a CPU hates me.

I'll guess I'll try downloading that early sunday morning or next week.

stupid microsoft... they can build an Os but they can't upload some mirrors...

Seriously...exactly how many people do you think are downloading this? Considering its 3Gigs thats ALOT of bandwith for something which is just a community preview. Its not their fault everyones decided to download it in the first 3 hours. Go back in a few days if you want it to be easier.