MSBlog Exclusive: Vista Beta 2 is public!

i used Cheetah DVD Burner and a few buddys used nero and all went well

Yep, I have always used Nero Burning ROM to burn ISOs and have never had a problem.

You people who have download managers downloading it...

Care to share the direct link for the rest of us so that we can queue it in our DL managers? That would be very sweet of you. :wub:

dunno if this will work, as I gave the link to a friend, and he said it wouldn't work, but it's working for me.

English x86 3.2GB - http://download.windowsvista.com/dl/previe...CFRE_EN_DVD.iso

edit - just done a quick check by clicking the link myself, and it does seem to be working

You people who have download managers downloading it...

Care to share the direct link for the rest of us so that we can queue it in our DL managers? That would be very sweet of you. :wub:

zacly what i was thinkin

dunno if this will work, as I gave the link to a friend, and he said it wouldn't work, but it's working for me.

English x86 3.2GB - http://download.windowsvista.com/dl/previe...CFRE_EN_DVD.iso

edit - just done a quick check by clicking the link myself, and it does seem to be working

thanks 4 that but im sure by the time i reply your link will be removed because its a violation

zacly what i was thinkin

thanks 4 that but im sure by the time i reply your link will be removed because its a violation

I don't see why it should be removed, because the link is posted in the news section

link.

Infact, I'm sure direct links have been posted either in this thread or in the vista beta section. There were ven links to torrent sites with it one (which I'm not sure are still there).

edit - Mojo - I'm using "Internet Download Manager" which you do have to pay for, but I'm using the 30 day free trial, just to download Vista.

edit - Mojo - I'm using "Internet Download Manager" which you do have to pay for, but I'm using the 30 day free trial, just to download Vista.

Thanks. (Y)

Stink it all. My home server's VNC stopped working. I was just going to have my home machine DL it while at work. I guess that's what I get for freeware.

Grrrr......

Edited by Catharsis

I used a different brand of dvd disks and set the speed to burn at 2x and now its upto 42% so far, proberly going to get an error as soon as i post this just to annoy the hell out of me though

I used a different brand of dvd disks and set the speed to burn at 2x and now its upto 42% so far, proberly going to get an error as soon as i post this just to annoy the hell out of me though

I've always burning ISOs, MP3s, videos etc. at maximum speed and never had any problems. Burning speed won't alter/affect the data being burnt.

Stink it all. My home server's VNC stopped working. I was just going to have my home machine DL it while at work. I guess that's what I get for freeware.

Grrrr......

Haha, I was thinking about that yesterday ... but it wasn't released until after I got home, so it was all good. :) I'd be using RDC though, and not VNC though.

I've always burning ISOs, MP3s, videos etc. at maximum speed and never had any problems. Burning speed won't alter/affect the data being burnt.

In very rare cases, some burnt CD's can't be read if they're burnt a lot faster than another CD-ROM can handle. I've only saw that occur a time or two though.

However, burning and reading from the same drive should work fine -- if your DVD burner is good. I also had a bad one for a while and it would never burn / read DVD's. I've since got a nice burner and like it lots. :cool:

do i need some special software to choose os when dual booting on a single drive?? or will it just add windows vista to the bios startup thing.

5 mins to go :p

Depends on the quality of the hardware you're using. On one PC I burn at 1x on my RW discs otherwise it won't read it. Putting it in a better burner and doing a full erase fixes it everytime.

I burn at whatever half of my maximum burn speed is for CDs. However, for DVDs, I'm pretty sure it's usually safe to do it at full speed. The speed of your hard drive and RAM has much to do with it as well, I believe.

I'm confused. All my ISO contains when i look inside of it is a readme.txt file. What do I use to use this thing?

--Alex

The ISO contains a UDF file system which can be only viewed with a UDF reader (ISO Buster, etc). You need a DVD burner to burn this ISO. Or you can mount it via a "virtual drive".

I Just Screwed up my computer :( I tried installing Vista Mounted Forgot to Partition my HD and now i fxing had to install XP again :( This time i shall remember to Partition it lol But now i have to go through the Pain of Downloading it once again..This time its throught IE :s and it says iv done -02% Weird huh

Ha! Now I just need to get my partition software to work correctly. Has anyone else had a problem with PartitionMagic where it gives you an Error 27. Can't lock drive or something along the lines of that?

--Alex

Just thought I would let you all know that I got Vista working perfectly on my 17" iMac.

I installed it, it booted up, it had all the drivers and I had glass.

I love this!