"M$" is Shut Down.

I find it annoying when people still think it's funny to say "M$" instead of "MS".  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this statement?

• Yes.

The M$ is generally used by the *.nix users becuse Microsoft CHARGES for it's OS and thet pay NOTHING for their *.nix software (most hardcore *.nix users). You put a FREE charge on Microsofts OS and you would see a flood of *.nix uses switching their workstations over. They just can't stand paying for software. Thjey just love open source or free.

Hey, i paid for my *nix OS (OS X, Aqua goodness over a gooey *nix shell) :laugh:

Although yeah, "M$" is a bit silly, cant we just go back to the "Bill Gates is Borg" era? :p

IT IS MONSTASOFT INC.!!!!!!!!!!!

& unles gate is going to pass away (who made his litle fortune by coppying other poeples software), that will be so! How old are to think that proceds of software are really major factor to how much ordinary people, that work for the tosser, earn?

IT IS MONSTASOFT INC.!!!!!!!!!!!

& unles gate is going to pass away (who made his litle fortune by coppying other poeples software), that will be so! How old are to think that proceds of software are really major factor to how much ordinary people, that work for the tosser, earn?

Bingo - the kind of anti-Microsoft fool I expect to use "M$"

Let people type how they want...i say laff, or laffin...instead of LOL, or laugh...sometimes it bugs people, but I could care less what they think. I type how I type here, but I type the correct way at work.

I think it is dumb as hell for people to type 1337, and crap like that...but I keep it to myself.

and its M$ because MS is still out to get money and **** off the consumers. But my fav play on words for Microsoft is Microshaft....laff

M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ .

M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ M$ .

Are you trying to prove something here :shifty: :rolleyes: :laugh: ?

PSG22?

we all wouldn't be using computers today if it werent for Micro$oft.

I would question that.

Why care. If it makes people happy then fine.

I guess it is getting a bit old... TIME TO MAKE UP SOMETHING NEW!!

Edited by hotdog963al

Yes its old and stupid. its just a word used by jealous people and alternative os users. nix users are mad cause they get no games or proper apps, they gotta use cheap made alternatives, and are bottom of the barrel in terms of userbase, and mac users are just ****ed that even though osx is more secure then xp and to them easier to use, windows users still refuse to switch and that we choose a virus os over thiers.

But you know what gets pretty old fast too (to me, anyways)? "w00t, lolz, oh noes, omgwtf!!1111oneone, 1337/leet/l33t/others.." etc.

LOLZ!

pwnt! lollerskatez!!!!1111seven

ha those are the worse, my friends are afraid to talk like that cause they know what ill do to them for talking stupid, but as the old saying goes 1+3+3+7=14 so if your 1337 your 14

I hate it when people write M$. it's a company, they are supposed to make money, their shareholders demand it, their employees need it. get over it. The most annoying part of the story is how many people think that apple and google do it just for the fun of it with their 1$ CEO salary and "we're not evil" moto. It just shows that they have good marketing ;).

What people should do is investigate the publicly-available Stock Share activity that those supposed $1.00-Salary CEO's are involved in. They regularly sell tons of their personally-owned Stock, stick that money in an Interest-Bearing Money Market account and then live off of the interest and small withdrawals from those accounts. The "$1.00 Salary" announcements are nothing more than to foster a false facade of altruism, meekness and humility.

Now, I'm going to make a supposition here by saying that the average age of the membership of Neowin is under 25 and are not pulling-down incredible salaries; hence, living that way and managing their own finances in that manner - paying the bills through Interest payments - is a foreign concept to them. Most CEO's can afford to take $1.00 salaries because of the sheer volume of their stock holdings.

Bill Gates, however, chooses to be honest about how much he makes, and then takes hundreds of millions of dollars and GIVES IT AWAY to charities. In various interviews, he has clearly stated that his children are not going to get the bulk of his fortune and that he has stipulated in his will that they're only getting $10Million each, and that the ballance of his fortune will go to a variety of charities. CHeck out The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for more info on the incredibly-wonderful work that they do. Now, compare that with the technology industry's "Saintly Steve", and it will be uber-captialist Steve Jobs whom you'll be villifying instead of Bill Gates.

The hard facts are this:

(1) Apple products appeal to the artsy-fartsy, left-wing liberals of society - those that are swayed by form, aesthetics & flash and are more concerned with the presentation of their dinner that they ordered at the most fashionable restauraunts in town then how good it tastes.

(2) Microsoft products appeal to....ummm....everyone else!

(3) Unix systems and their clones appeal to man-boy's who still live in their parent's basement.

Another way to look at Apple .vs Microsoft is this:

Apple's R&D creates a new product.

Apple produces it.

Microsoft uses Apple as a starting-point for new products and makes them useable for the othr 90% of the world.

If you're wanting to buy and/or use an OS that is crammed with flash, bang & "oooooh, pretty", then use Apple. If you're wanting to buy and/or use an OS that's functional and actually doesn't do so much of the flash & bang and really want to get some work done, then use Microsoft products. Don't forget: Microsoft makes Office for OS X!

--ScottKin

Edited by ScottKin

ScottKin, did you have a point to make, other than insulting Apple and *nix users?

If you're wanting to buy and/or use an OS that is crammed with flash, bang & "oooooh, pretty", then use Apple. If you're wanting to buy and/or use an OS that's functional and actually doesn't do so much of the flash & bang and really want to get some work done, then use Microsoft products. Don't forget: Microsoft makes Office for OS X!

--ScottKin

So you support Microsoft because they make functional Operating Systems without much "flash & bang"?

Who's making Vista? Microsoft

Who took most major features out of Vista? Microsoft

Who created a new graphic desktop engine thingy aeroglass? Microsoft

Who's the one that adds this 3d stuff in desktop of Vista? Microsoft

Who's the one using pixel shader in the desktop? Microsoft

So please, before saying Apple does lots of "Flash & bang oh pretty" stuff, look at Vista and look at what direction Microsoft is going at with their dev.

If anything, out of the box, OSX is at least as functional as any of the previous Windows releases. You consider Windows functional because of all the supporting applications and games that you can use.

Next time, do more research before posting about stuff that you don't know, it might look better.

Well some people just love to bitch and complain about every little thing don't they. Instead of fretting over how someone spells something maybe you should try getting a life.

"M$" is so pathetic that it hurts!

Usually written by idiots who only know what people tell them!

Oh the irony.

• 1 month later...

Worst thread and poll ever.

Who cares if someone write M$?? You have to be very geeky to hate when people write by M$. :rolleyes: