• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Logo request, Superior Shine Auto Detailing, $150

Question

Superior Shine    0

I am the owner of Mobile Auto Detailing .

I created my exisiting logo over 16 years ago. It has served me well but I am ready to fresh'n up our image.

Edited by Superior Shine

rageagainstmachine    35

I'm sorry ... but if your opinion is that logo looks anything like the Jaguar logo you need your eyes tested.

^ nope, eyes are fine here ;)

JoeC    107

...so explain to us how it looks like the Jag logo? Nobody who's posted so far has agreed with you, suggesting you see something we don't, or don't see something we do. Share your opinion in more detail, and we might see why you say what you say.

Meanwhile, @cyba: "Yeah, they're both on a black background, so they're practically identical. You're a genius." - lol.

rageagainstmachine    35

^ well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. See below.

jagSS.jpg

JMann    2

What's the difference man, nothing! I have sat back watching these kind of requests and all you see is: "This looks like that logo I have seen here blah blah blah" and when someone asks why all hell breaks loose with arguments. The only thing your thinking that makes it look simular is that it is silver and it has a slight "Chrome" look to it, hell how many logo's do you see with that kind of style on hundreds, if not thousands.

It's a good logo, and doesn't look like anything. Only go and say things like that if it is a complete rip-off of another members work, or another logo for example them copying the JAGUAR of the Jaguar logo exactly, then you might have some ground to stand-on. :rolleyes:

Grow up, and start designing.

Just my thoughts on the last few pages,

JMann

ZiGGA    0

^ well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. See below.

jagSS.jpg

Your opinion bud, but the Jaguar has a metallic effect, where as the car used as a logo hasn't, it's more of a silhouette with no effect on it, only a shining star. It doesn't have much resemblance to the Jaguar logo as far as I can see. As for the text mate. I don't know what your seeing there that claims it's similar. One's sloped, the other isn't. Totally different font also? So yep. Just think you might want to take a good look at each before assessing whether they are similar or not.

rageagainstmachine    35

^ what is it with the elitism on this forum! Jman, and anyone else who disagrees: my view is that is looks very similar, if you dont agree with my view, then fair enough, im not asking you too. all im saying is "I" think itdoes. this is a forum for discussions; Im allowed to have my point of view equally as much as anyone else is.

also, i don?t pretended to be a designer (at least not in the artistic sense anyway), therefore i have no intention of "designing" anything. This does not mean that I do not have an opinion on something though.

rageagainstmachine    35

Your opinion bud, but the Jaguar has a metallic effect, where as the car used as a logo hasn't, it's more of a silhouette with no effect on it, only a shining star. It doesn't have much resemblance to the Jaguar logo as far as I can see. As for the text mate. I don't know what your seeing there that claims it's similar. One's sloped, the other isn't. Totally different font also? So yep. Just think you might want to take a good look at each before assessing whether they are similar or not.

:) finally, someone who speaks "adult"

If you look at the font you can see a metallic effect, to which seems to carry on through the whole design. So I?d say the car logo does very much harbour a metallic effect, hence the sparkle. I would have said that the definition of silhouette = dark (shadow), thus the complete opposite of light and shiny sparkles.

The composition is exactly the same. Same sleek design. Same use of colours and textures. Fair enough, the font is different. But only just.

»X«    1

How many posts are there going to be about the jaguar logo not looking like the superior shine version?

Its hardly constructive feedback one persons opinion filling up the thread. We get it, you think it looks the same. Fine. Enough said ok?

chema    0

I think that what rage means is that the aesthetic of the designs are similar. I can see that. But there's almost no resemblence between the two logos.

rageagainstmachine    35

right plz, lets move one. i like his design, always have.

cmdixon    0

post-18541-1150142688.png

I think it resembles the Infiniti commercials more than anything, but even that's a stretch. I like the logo alot and don't think it looks anything like the Jaguar logo.

It looks like the Infiniti logo also rips off Jaguar with their metallic on black design. Because Jaguar was, as everyone knows, the first to put metallic and black together. :p

post-167756-1151963259.jpg

post-167756-1151963469.jpg

»X«    1

Oh no, not again.

pepo    0

This thread has more posts about disign ripping/discussion than design making...

illicit    0

This thread has more posts about disign ripping/discussion than design making...

You got a point there.

rageagainstmachine    35

Can I just add. I when I mentioned about the jag thing, I was only putting a question up for discussion ?is it maybe a bit close for comfort on with the jaguar logo? the only persons to discuss like adults, i.e without flaming were Zigga and cmdixon. It?s good to break a design down like that. Im maybe not a design artist, but I AM an electronics DESIGN engineer. And have been trained to think like a designer. And believe me design goes deeper than the actual (in this case) aesthetics. I have been involved in many projects involving new products, and discussion like this are an integral part of it. It?s called an analytical discussion! You have to cover every angle. I feel cybadelic may still have a bee in his bonnet about a previous matter which I wish he would either just get over, or PM me about it quietly to see if we cant resolve it.

zhangm    1,335

Dude, just let it die. No one really cares for this discussion, and here you are 23 posts later trying to raise it from the dead. Your condescending attitude and disrespect have no place in this thread.

By the way, there is no exclamation mark in "######". :p

cybadelic    0

Can I just add. I when I mentioned about the jag thing, I was only putting a question up for discussion ?is it maybe a bit close for comfort on with the jaguar logo? the only persons to discuss like adults, i.e without flaming were Zigga and cmdixon. It?s good to break a design down like that. Im maybe not a design artist, but I AM an electronics DESIGN engineer. And have been trained to think like a designer. And believe me design goes deeper than the actual (in this case) aesthetics. I have been involved in many projects involving new products, and discussion like this are an integral part of it. It?s called an analytical discussion! You have to cover every angle. I feel cybadelic may still have a bee in his bonnet about a previous matter which I wish he would either just get over, or PM me about it quietly to see if we cant resolve it.

What you don't understand is the concept of contest-threads. In contest-threads, you just DON'T run around waving the "COPYCAT"-flag, you obviously are allowed an opinion, but keep it to yourself.

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned that one of the logos looked exactly like the Rolls Royce one, but since that was a completely intentional and obvious resemblance, there was absolutely no harm pointing it out. Plus, I contribute to the actual contest as well.

People like you, who show up every once in a while to stir up some trouble ruin the actual purpose of the contest and should therefore NOT post their opinion on everything. What did you actually contribute to the topic itself? Wanna join with a design? Be my guest. Wanna stir up trouble and ruin the tidiness of a well run contest? Go away. It's as simple as that. And I'm not being rude here, or arrogant, it's just common sense. On other boards you're not even allowed to post in contest-threads unless you actually submit a design. Arrogant? I don't think so. It just keeps the contest tidy.

And one last thing about the bee in my bonnet with you: EVERYBODY, and I litterally mean everybody on neowin has forgotten about your accusations in the Host-Falcon-Thread, because they were just as ridiculous as your accusations in this thread, until you showed up an brought it up again. Now claimiII have issuyou you is really rich.

You're the one who needs to get over two really simple things:

1. Andre's logo is not even remotely similar to the Jaguar one. Your accusation is simply ridiculous and unfair, because it might influence the contest holder. And it really is absolutely none of your business!

2. Contribute to the contest or put a sock in it. Call it arrogant, call it rude, call it Susan if you like, I don't care.

I am now withdrawing from this conversation, I can't believe its ridiculousness to be honest.

rageagainstmachine    35

as much as i dont agree with about 80% of what you jsut said, i agree that this thread needs to continue for the reason it was started. but my opinoion is as valid as yours. your just taking the moral highground as your a "grapic designer" and i think you feel only the view of "grapic designer"counts.

PortalPacific    3

as much as i dont agree with about 80% of what you jsut said, i agree that this thread needs to continue for the reason it was started. but my opinoion is as valid as yours. your just taking the moral highground as your a "grapic designer" and i think you feel only the view of "grapic designer"counts.

lol im sorry but you dont know what your talking about what so ever its kind of funny you cant even spell graphic....

although im a horrible speller but thats not point

its not that we dont want to hear the opinion of others just as long as they know what they are talking about...

mail    10

Why do you keep bringing this bs about opinions up ? Your opinion could be that the earth is flat, that doesn't make it correct. By democracy in this thread your opinion is wrong.

»X«    1

You dont have to be a graphic designer to spot that the jaguar logo and the one in question are nothing alike. Im curious as to why you disagree with 80% of it. But thats a topic for another millenia. It might just be safer staying away from this competition. I know for a fact that any further entries submitted by yourself will be met with severe criticism and based on the way you handled the jaguar situation, I dont think you take criticism too well.

rson451    0

Through all of this, i would just like to know: Do we have a winner?

rageagainstmachine    35

I dont think you take criticism too well.

I have remained calm the whole way through this. I can assure you that I take criticism very well. After all, if you can?t take criticism, how can you succeed in life?!!

I find it rather amusing though that most of you (not all) have responded to my question in a very aggressive manner. After all, all I said was ?IS IT a bit like the jag logo?? Perhaps if your heads weren?t so far up each other?s @rses then you would have noticed that!

theantidote    0

==============================================================

No more of this BS talk about logos looking like other logos past this line. It's getting annoying!

Superior Shine    0

==============================================================

No more of this BS talk about logos looking like other logos past this line. It's getting annoying!

I agree.

Too bad to because there is some awesome talent here.

Let me shut this down 8 days early before it gets any worst. Consider the contest closed.

I will contact the winner through PM or email.

Thank you to those that have contributed positively

Joe