Logo request, Superior Shine Auto Detailing, $150

Question

I am the owner of Mobile Auto Detailing .

I created my exisiting logo over 16 years ago. It has served me well but I am ready to fresh'n up our image.

Edited by Superior Shine

206 answers to this question

As requested, one outlined in black and one outlined in grey.. :alien:

AWESOME!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, how do you think the car logo would look square instead of round?

THANK YOU, Joe

Looks exactly like the Rolls Royce logo.

pot calling kettle black. need i remind you of your chrysler logo rip-off not too long ago!!

I don't think slapping text and calling it a day would be worth 150$. Joe could have done that himself if that was the case.

if you'll notice i spent time on other logo's, however someone said just the text would look good, so i quickly did that. maybe you should read the whole thread before making comments. thus the "as suggested" comment.

i'll also remind you that some of the most recognizable logo's in the world are JUST text. Ie. Sony, Coca-cola, Subway, the list goes on.

Pi, I'll say it again, that's very Neowinnish, and I really think you should consider dropping it. I'm not sure Neobond would be very happy about someone selling a logo which is extremely similar to NWs for $150. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion. I know I would be.

if you'll notice i spent time on other logo's, however someone said just the text would look good, so i quickly did that. maybe you should read the whole thread before making comments. thus the "as suggested" comment.

i'll also remind you that some of the most recognizable logo's in the world are JUST text. Ie. Sony, Coca-cola, Subway, the list goes on.

I read the posts, but just happened to qutoe your post rather than the "as suggested" one. So don't jump to conclusions.

Yes, some recognizable logos are just text, but most of them are short words or like Coca-Cola (if you don't consider it short), don't have a lot of different letters... 4 only for Coca-Cola. Short names are better recognizeble in type only because they are short and easy to remember. While long names require something to ballance it out and make for people remember it easily.

Besides, many logos that are just text, have undergone some sort of tweaking to the original font, if you will, before seeing the daylight. And many times it's a custom font anyway. Very seldom, if ever, you would see recognizable logos with just default font slapped. I would assume Sony could be one of those, but again, it's a short name and the original font could have been tweaked slightly to accommodate the needs.

I have been reading the thread. Now then:

neologo.gifpost-146626-1150503692.jpg

Compare.

They are the EXACT SAME STYLE. Not "similar". Not "using elements of the logo". Just recreating someone elses idea, and changing it a tiny bit, to meet the circumstances.

I know he asked for something like that, but that's not "like", it's "the same", to all extents and purposes.

In order to stay on topic, I think one of the nicest logos so far was actually Pox's first submission. That wasn't half bad.

Let's try to post with a higher level of maturity, please.

[Thread Cleaned]

Barney

Sorry Barney i am man enough to apoligize.. but come on clean all the threads that lit the wick... all i ask is people read the threads, then comment.. if they were to do this, i would not have been upset.

Hey don't even go back to the first page, but only look up to the third post on this page... AND READ IT... hmm that seems to be from Superior Shine... the person that requested the logo... ah gee maybe its just me

I have been reading the thread. Now then:

neologo.gifpost-146626-1150503692.jpg

Compare.

They are the EXACT SAME STYLE. Not "similar". Not "using elements of the logo". Just recreating someone elses idea, and changing it a tiny bit, to meet the circumstances.

Exactly what I was going to say... and personally I think P1Guy has killed it, that text looks terrible and the background gradient is much too obvious.

pot calling kettle black. need i remind you of your chrysler logo rip-off not too long ago!!

Go away if you don't know anything about anything. Thanks.

i think it's not P1 fault, the logo requester asked for a neowinia logo style, so he just did that.

Ya and i get a warning... wow how unfair is that. as i was upset to see the same people trying to put me down, and i was doing what i was asked for. But because of this, i will only try harder to ignore some posters :D life is way to short to argue with people :alien: Thanks for the support, at least someone here read the thread properly

Go away if you don't know anything about anything. Thanks.

now thats not true. harbouring an honours degreee in electroinc engineering, i'd say i know alot about alot!! :whistle:

but besides that, you really shouldnt slag-off someone for copying a car logo when thats EXACTLY what you did a few months ago. thats all!

now thats not true. harbouring an honours degreee in electroinc engineering, i'd say i know alot about alot!! :whistle:

but besides that, you really shouldnt slag-off someone for copying a car logo when thats EXACTLY what you did a few months ago. thats all!

You just don't get it. Go spread your lies somewhere else, I'm not willing to explain the same things over and over again to some random kid who hasn't got a clue.

You might know a lot about sausages and traditional korean castration techniques, but when it comes to design you should let the grown ups do the talking, OK? Weren't you that Photoshop-Filter-Maniac that kept ruining my logos? Nuff said, you're just out of your element. Accept it.

Cybadelic's a damn good designer. Him and Pox together (possibly add in Chema and Andre, maybe one or two others I forget) produce almost all of the really nice stuff on here.

cybadelic, don?t get me wrong from what i have seen of your work, i like very much. My only point is, that you got on to somebody for doing a similar thing that you did once! THAT. was. All. No need to throw your rattle out your pram.

Kindly refrain from using those derogatory comments, as I am not insulting you! and I can assure you I am no ?random kid?

I don?t wish to turn this into some war, so lets just draw line under it and let the forum carry on with the topic in question.

Thanks.

as I am not insulting you!

Yes, you are. You are calling me a thief, because apparently I copied the Chrysler-logo, which simply isn't true. And yes, you are some random kid, otherwise you wouldn't call me a thief for no reason.

Yes, you are. You are calling me a thief, because apparently I copied the Chrysler-logo, which simply isn't true. And yes, you are some random kid, otherwise you wouldn't call me a thief for no reason.

i never once mentioned "theif". But you said it, so if the shoe fits! Almost everyone who saw your logo in that forum said to you that it looks uncannily like the Chrysler logo!

And again, NO, im an not a random kid. I am a 24 year old graduate who has just finished university, an who as a very high profile interview a week on Thursday. Warhead electronic design engineer. Trust me, random kids DO NOT get flown 400 miles and put up in accommodation just so they can attend a high profile job like that.

Why not deal with these issues in a PM and let the topic starter have a clean topic? you are only ruining future negotiations by speking freely like this. There is no need to speak so openly about sensitive issues such as this one.

i never once mentioned "theif". But you said it, so if the shoe fits! Almost everyone who saw your logo in that forum said to you that it looks uncannily like the Chrysler logo!

And again, NO, im an not a random kid. I am a 24 year old graduate who has just finished university, an who as a very high profile interview a week on Thursday. Warhead electronic design engineer. Trust me, random kids DO NOT get flown 400 miles and put up in accommodation just so they can attend a high profile job like that.

lol.

agreed.

So you agree? Who brought all that **** up then, dipstick?