Logo request, Superior Shine Auto Detailing, $150

Question

I am the owner of Mobile Auto Detailing .

I created my exisiting logo over 16 years ago. It has served me well but I am ready to fresh'n up our image.

Edited by Superior Shine

206 answers to this question

my third attempt

post-168805-1150838486.png

prefffered yourother one by a country mile dude. Really dont like that horrible block plynth you've diplayed it in.

i liked everything about your last design, apart from the font and style of "auto detailing" if you tidied that up, i'd have picked yours (if it was my business)

Here's my first try at it, I have a few other ideas, I'll also probably be doing abit more tweaking to this ones aswell.

untitled12km.pnguntitled12aj.png

Here did one with the balls between the text colored in ust yellow and grey:

untitled17ur.png

Edited by pepo

Thx man. It's a BMW M3 with bodikit, just elegant, I changed the color and added lights/reflections.

Here's another one, made a better render of the car, and more tweaking on the lights:

post-130127-1150931827.png

i don't want to dampen your fire, but realistically your logo's could never be properly printed. There are to many colours and gradients and blurs.

I'm about to starting entering these things, none of you guys even submit any worthwhile content, all you do it whine at each other.

everyone shut up.

For worthwhile input -- Thread Creator, start a neorequest, you're getting complete crap for submissions. Or lower your asking price.

And before anyone calls me an amateur, I don't do these things or design anything anymore because i got a job and don't need the money, so don't give me any speeches. I've been there and done it.

I'm about to starting entering these things, none of you guys even submit any worthwhile content, all you do it whine at each other.

everyone shut up.

For worthwhile input -- Thread Creator, start a neorequest, you're getting complete crap for submissions. Or lower your asking price.

And before anyone calls me an amateur, I don't do these things or design anything anymore because i got a job and don't need the money, so don't give me any speeches. I've been there and done it.

I haven't seen any whining myself.

If you're calling this complete crap, then let's see you make something better. I've seen plenty of logos in this thread that are better than what many leading corporations have. :sleep:

prefffered yourother one by a country mile dude. Really dont like that horrible block plynth you've diplayed it in.

i liked everything about your last design, apart from the font and style of "auto detailing" if you tidied that up, i'd have picked yours (if it was my business)

Thanks for the input. I have a hard time getting honest opinions from most of the ppl i show my stuff to.

I haven't seen any whining myself.

If you're calling this complete crap, then let's see you make something better. I've seen plenty of logos in this thread that are better than what many leading corporations have. :sleep:

A mod did clean this thread.

and you've seen good logos in this thread?

As of now, pandemonium is the only good one, but i'll stop talking.

A mod did clean this thread.

Really? That is my 3rd logo.

I personally thought this was was great:

post-18541-1150142688.png

Nice work to the maker.

not sure what the legal implications of using a BMW in your logo would be! it might be cool, but im sure BMW would not be pleased

^ There are no implications, and I'm not the only one using an OEM vehicle.

It would seem as if you talk from opinion and your own taste, and the way you talk is rather disrespectful to others.

As Pandemonium said/showed there are some really good ones, btw I like Pandemonium's too. ;)

Edited by pepo

It would seem as if you talk from opinion and your own taste, and the way you talk is rather disrespectful to others.

sounds about right ^^

I don't get how you can think pandemonium's latest would make a good logo. it's a nice graphic, i'll give him that and no disrespect to him. But as for a good LOGO it's far from.

A good logo is something that people can easily identify. A good logo is something that you can replicate in any size, whether it be a 50 foot billboard or on a pencil. A good logo is simplistic and generally uses between 1 and 3 colours (no gradients, blurs, or special effects either). A good logo is clean cut, easy to read, and easily recognizable. The best logo's out there are those that people can recognize from a mile away. Ie, McDonalds, 7 Eleven, Coca-Cola, Subway, AT&T, Sony, Nike, etc. etc. Notice that these are very successful companies and part of their success is because the have a GOOD LOGO. A logo that is clean, simple, minimal in colour, easily reproducible, unique, easily recognizable, and memorable.

So, how you can say that Pandemoium's logo is the best LOGO (once again no disrespect, it's an awesome web graphic) makes me wonder about your knowledge of logo design. And REALLY makes me wonder what kind of logo's you create.

sounds about right ^^

I don't get how you can think pandemonium's latest would make a good logo. it's a nice graphic, i'll give him that and no disrespect to him. But as for a good LOGO it's far from.

A good logo is something that people can easily identify. A good logo is something that you can replicate in any size, whether it be a 50 foot billboard or on a pencil. A good logo is simplistic and generally uses between 1 and 3 colours (no gradients, blurs, or special effects either). A good logo is clean cut, easy to read, and easily recognizable. The best logo's out there are those that people can recognize from a mile away. Ie, McDonalds, 7 Eleven, Coca-Cola, Subway, AT&T, Sony, Nike, etc. etc. Notice that these are very successful companies and part of their success is because the have a GOOD LOGO. A logo that is clean, simple, minimal in colour, easily reproducible, unique, easily recognizable, and memorable.

So, how you can say that Pandemoium's logo is the best LOGO (once again no disrespect, it's an awesome web graphic) makes me wonder about your knowledge of logo design. And REALLY makes me wonder what kind of logo's you create.

Well said fall3n. I think constructive critiscism is good and an important part of the learning process. But frankly pto was just being nasty (or so it seems)

sounds about right ^^

Hey fall3n,

That sounds about right, with a little exception. The use of gradients has become a completely normal thing, not only because of web 2.0-style, but because vector-based gradients and effects are very easy to create (they weren't 15 years ago) and because print shops aren't scared of them anymore. You can go to any tiny print shop down the road, they will be able to print gradients without any loss of quality.

Volkswagen for example have recently changed their logo from flat colors to a 3D-look, which is absolutely OK, because of today's printing quality, and simply because it looks nicer. Click here for details.

The only thing that was, is and always will be the rule #1 in logo design is: NO PHOTOS in a logo. You mentioned the reasons for that, like scalabilty and complexity. Photos are the ?ber-nono in logo design. The use of photos in logo design are a proof for an "amateur" logo designer.

But, as you mentioned, Pandemonium's graphic looks great as it is, it's just not a logo.

Hey fall3n,

That sounds about right, with a little exception. The use of gradients has become a completely normal thing, not only because of web 2.0-style, but because vector-based gradients and effects are very easy to create (they weren't 15 years ago) and because print shops aren't scared of them anymore. You can go to any tiny print shop down the road, they will be able to print gradients without any loss of quality.

Volkswagen for example have recently changed their logo from flat colors to a 3D-look, which is absolutely OK, because of today's printing quality, and simply because it looks nicer. Click here for details.

The only thing that was, is and always will be the rule #1 in logo design is: NO PHOTOS in a logo. You mentioned the reasons for that, like scalabilty and complexity. Photos are the ?ber-nono in logo design. The use of photos in logo design are a proof for an "amateur" logo designer.

But, as you mentioned, Pandemonium's graphic looks great as it is, it's just not a logo.

Ah, thanks for the update about print technology. I am no expert myself, infact far from, but I do understand the BASICS, which was what I was trying to get across. Hopefully one day I'll be up there with the pro's and I think a good start is to understand the principles to creating professional logo's. Anyway, thanks for the updates about gradients and the link, it was quite informative.

I was trying to find a way to simplify the car, maye vectorize it. It is just a basic concept i need to refine

Hey fall3n,

I've always figured that a good logo need to start on a flat base. Then you can pretty it up from there, but it needs to still look good printed on paper in black and white.