Post a pic. of your DS and game collection!

What kind of problems?, seems to work fine for me

Mostly with homebrew compatibility and the quality of the casing. Also problems with the MicroSD slot.

Mostly with homebrew compatibility and the quality of the casing. Also problems with the MicroSD slot.

compatibility is awsome for me, espeically i got advance war already :p

TF slot was really tight at first now it's coming around, not bad at all, consider it's either this or G6

Edited by kawai

Haha. I didn't mean for backups. For backups it's supposed to be great. I mean for homebrew apps such as beup, ect...

Glad to hear the slot is getting better. A lot of people have been filing the plastic down :p

heres my ds lite

post-13638-1151341712.jpg

my only game

post-13638-1151341652.jpg

charging it up to play for the first time :)

Grats on the purchase :) great game too.

I've got another entry in my collection, courtesy of Play-Asia, well I DID pay for it, but still.

Witness Phoenix Wright, or whatever the hell that box says. Anyways the Japanese version now comes with English as a selectable language complete with English voice support so I picked up the Japanese version as opposed to ebaying the English one. Pretty freaking good game, anyone looking for it still contemplating getting possibly ripped off by ebay, you can get the Japanese version safely.

post-7145-1151711176_thumb.jpg

^ Cool. The cover is different. I actually saw the US version in EB games today. I was suprised, but apparently Capcom is making it again.

000_0269.jpg

:whistle:

To whoever posted the similar setup with a Max Media Launcher: You really should FlashMe the thing. You could then resell the Max Media Launcher (make your money back on it), and it would also allow you to keep a DS cart in the DS slot, so you it will go to sleep mode when closed.

000_0269.jpg

:whistle:

To whoever posted the similar setup with a Max Media Launcher: You really should FlashMe the thing. You could then resell the Max Media Launcher (make your money back on it), and it would also allow you to keep a DS cart in the DS slot, so you it will go to sleep mode when closed.

Flashing voids your warranty though and is risky for the Lite. There is really no need to flash anymore with the nopass carts IMO. The would however suggest replacing the MML with a Superkey or Passcard 3 though as they support sleep mode.

Flashing voids your warranty though and is risky for the Lite. There is really no need to flash anymore with the nopass carts IMO. The would however suggest replacing the MML with a Superkey or Passcard 3 though as they support sleep mode.

It doesn't void your warranty, as you no longer have to remove a VOID sticker to get to the SL1 bridge. You open up the battery cover and its right there. It's also not risky at all. I've flashed four DS Lites and about 5 normal DS', and not once bricked them. If you're a complete fool and somehow manage to short SL1 to the GBA shield (which is grounded, forcing the system to shut off) you're screwd, but you really have to try to do that.

I used a NoPass (MML) to flash it, but just sold it right after.

It doesn't void your warranty, as you no longer have to remove a VOID sticker to get to the SL1 bridge. You open up the battery cover and its right there. It's also not risky at all. I've flashed four DS Lites and about 5 normal DS', and not once bricked them. If you're a complete fool and somehow manage to short SL1 to the GBA shield (which is grounded, forcing the system to shut off) you're screwd, but you really have to try to do that.

I used a NoPass (MML) to flash it, but just sold it right after.

It may no longer have the sticker there, but it still voids your warranty. Some people say voiding your warranty is no big deal and that Nintendo will still fix it. That may be the case now, but as flashcarts get more and more popular it's very likely that Nintendo will start checking for flashme on all DS's sent into them for repairs and just send a bill to anyone that used flashme, saying thier warranty is void so they will have to pay for the repairs. I wouldn't say that you have to be a fool to brick it either as I've seen many posts on various forums of people bricking thier Lites, some of them with plenty of experience flashing the normal DS.

If your only experience with a nopass is the MML, then I don't blame you for not liking them as it is not as effective as the Superkey and Passcard 3. I had my regular DS flashed and flashed a few other peoples, and I can tell you the Superkey and Passcard 3 are just as effective as flashing. The only difference is the health and warning screen shows for half a second with the nopass, and with the Passcard 3 there is a brief splash screen. Other than that, they work exactly the same. Superkey and Passcard 3 even support sleep mode, unlike the MML (though you can mod it to support it now).

It may no longer have the sticker there, but it still voids your warranty. Some people say voiding your warranty is no big deal and that Nintendo will still fix it. That may be the case now, but as flashcarts get more and more popular it's very likely that Nintendo will start checking for flashme on all DS's sent into them for repairs and just send a bill to anyone that used flashme, saying thier warranty is void so they will have to pay for the repairs. I wouldn't say that you have to be a fool to brick it either as I've seen many posts on various forums of people bricking thier Lites, some of them with plenty of experience flashing the normal DS.

If your only experience with a nopass is the MML, then I don't blame you for not liking them as it is not as effective as the Superkey and Passcard 3. I had my regular DS flashed and flashed a few other peoples, and I can tell you the Superkey and Passcard 3 are just as effective as flashing. The only difference is the health and warning screen shows for half a second with the nopass, and with the Passcard 3 there is a brief splash screen. Other than that, they work exactly the same. Superkey and Passcard 3 even support sleep mode, unlike the MML (though you can mod it to support it now).

I don't dislike NoPass' because of the MML. Infact I bought the MML because it was the cheapest; I fully intended to flash my DS (along with my friends') and resell it. I did the same with a PassMe1 with my old DS, but of course that didn't work with the DS Lite.

I just see it as kind of a waste of money, when flashing your DS is hardly risky at all. Really, you start the flashing process, and short SL1 with a small screwdriver. You should always have the charger plugged in, but it's hardly even an issue- the battery is much harder to "fall out" than on the original DS, especially if you have it upside-down. You can also get the FlashMe version that includes the health and safety warning. Then the only way to know its different from the original firmware is by version check (via Pictochat) or by running a flash cart.

FlashMe also supports sleep mode, you just need a DS cart in the DS slot. I already had a bunch of DS games, but I sold all but MarioKart DS, as it had the most progress on it. I use it for sleep mode (or just playing it).

I don't dislike NoPass' because of the MML. Infact I bought the MML because it was the cheapest; I fully intended to flash my DS (along with my friends') and resell it. I did the same with a PassMe1 with my old DS, but of course that didn't work with the DS Lite.

I just see it as kind of a waste of money, when flashing your DS is hardly risky at all. Really, you start the flashing process, and short SL1 with a small screwdriver. You should always have the charger plugged in, but it's hardly even an issue- the battery is much harder to "fall out" than on the original DS, especially if you have it upside-down. You can also get the FlashMe version that includes the health and safety warning. Then the only way to know its different from the original firmware is by version check (via Pictochat) or by running a flash cart.

FlashMe also supports sleep mode, you just need a DS cart in the DS slot. I already had a bunch of DS games, but I sold all but MarioKart DS, as it had the most progress on it. I use it for sleep mode (or just playing it).

Yeah, I know about the "stealth" version. But like I said, there is a very good chance that Nintendo will start checking for flashme on DS's sent into them for repair. You've got flashme on there, and your warranty is void. It's that simple. I'd rather keep my warranty in tact.

Also like I said, the Superkey and Passcard 3 support sleep mode as well, just like flashme. So really there is little to no benefit in flashing anymore, and it voids your warranty. The Superkey and Passcard 3 are just so easy to use. Just plug in and away you go, just like you've used flashme and your warranty is in tact. To me it's a no brainer to just go with one of these nopass devices (other than MML) and not even bother with flashme.

But to each his own. I just find it silly to buy a nopass device and then turn arround and flash when the nopass works exactly like you've flashed it.

My 15-month-old DS and all eight of my games. No DS Lite yet. :(

post-54305-1151899687_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture quality.

dsgames3iv.jpg

dslite4la.jpg

Games recently sold are Animal Crossing, Metroid, Mario 64, Kirby, Warioware, Another Code and a few more. I've owned quite a few games. I'm interested in your homebrew thread, I was a homebrew junkie on my GBA and my SP but I've not bothered since I had my DS. I'll certainly be checking out that thread.

Yeah, I know about the "stealth" version. But like I said, there is a very good chance that Nintendo will start checking for flashme on DS's sent into them for repair. You've got flashme on there, and your warranty is void. It's that simple. I'd rather keep my warranty in tact.

Also like I said, the Superkey and Passcard 3 support sleep mode as well, just like flashme. So really there is little to no benefit in flashing anymore, and it voids your warranty. The Superkey and Passcard 3 are just so easy to use. Just plug in and away you go, just like you've used flashme and your warranty is in tact. To me it's a no brainer to just go with one of these nopass devices (other than MML) and not even bother with flashme.

But to each his own. I just find it silly to buy a nopass device and then turn arround and flash when the nopass works exactly like you've flashed it.

I guess I'm not so worried about my warranty. My DS Lite doesn't have any defects; anything that shows up would have to be user-caused, and I'm the kind of guy who either lives with it or fixes it himself.

As for your comment about it being silly to buy a nopass device and flash it: You're right, flashing it eliminates the need of a NoPass. That's the whole point. You can then turn around and return/resell the NoPass, so its essentially less money to spend.

dsgames3iv.jpg

dslite4la.jpg

Games recently sold are Animal Crossing, Metroid, Mario 64, Kirby, Warioware, Another Code and a few more. I've owned quite a few games. I'm interested in your homebrew thread, I was a homebrew junkie on my GBA and my SP but I've not bothered since I had my DS. I'll certainly be checking out that thread.

That's a really nice collection you have there. Do you prefer the blue or the black? A from that pic, I think the blue looks nicer (but then I'm partial to blue).

About the homebrew, yeah, definitely check out that thread. There's a lot of info in there. If you are planning on buying a flashcart, I would hold off a month or so though because by then the two best cart makers (M3 and Supercard) will have released thier versions made for the Lite that fit flush in the Lite.

I guess I'm not so worried about my warranty. My DS Lite doesn't have any defects; anything that shows up would have to be user-caused, and I'm the kind of guy who either lives with it or fixes it himself.

As for your comment about it being silly to buy a nopass device and flash it: You're right, flashing it eliminates the need of a NoPass. That's the whole point. You can then turn around and return/resell the NoPass, so its essentially less money to spend.

I understand your point, but I'm just the type that likes to keep his warranty.

I wasn't saying that flashme eliminates the need for a nopass, it's the other way arround. Nopass eliminated the need to flash. I'm not saying it's wrong to flash or anything. It does have it's benefits. But for the average user who just wants to run a little homebrew and a rom here and there, nopass is the way to go. Plus even though you may not care, a lot of people do care about thier warranty.

Also, even though you've had good success flashing, a lot of people haven't. I've seen a lot of bricked Lites on various forums I visit. Some from people very experienced flashing the regular DS. Now a lot of those were in the earlier days of the Lites release before the information was known that not only the screw to the right of SL1 can brick it, but there is also a screw hidden under the casing to the left. Now that that's known and there a guides arround, it's a less risky venture. But it's still a risk I'm sure a lot of people won't want to take, especially when nopass works so well.

Mine. I haven't bought a game for it in over a year and haven't, until recently played on the DS for some time. I'm starting to play it more now and will buy some more games for it soon :happy:

Is it worth upgrading to the DS Lite? It looks tempting, but I don't think I'm tempted enough :unsure:

nintendods8wk.jpg

Man Dazzla, Ouendan just looks so good in that pic, it's like you've got a whole different version than me. I have to get a DS Lite to replace mine, it's like a whole new system. I can't believe how good that came out from a camera.