Windows Live Messenger Updated!

Can anyone explain to me how ad's keep you from using the messenger? Because that has to be the reason why people hate the ads to much. Or else there has to be something that the ad's keep someone from doing?

My reason is that I want a cleaner look, more minimalistic. If I can remove something that isnt visually pleasing for me or lacks a useful function to me I often do it. Its a matter of look and taste.

And regarding the patches I usually prefer A-Patch. Usually out quick and works all the time. Mess Patch has a nicer gui (which isnt really a choice thing but still) and a few more options but I dont really use it.

Well I asked how do ads stop you from doing what you have the messenger for.. Not whether you want your messenger to win a beauty contest or not..

And Im not trying to flame.. I just want to understand the big deal about a little ad at the bottom of the messenger that only advertises yahoo services. I mean it does take money to pay devs to build a messenger and upkeep on servers that has to come from somewhere..

Well I asked how do ads stop you from doing what you have the messenger for.. Not whether you want your messenger to win a beauty contest or not..

And Im not trying to flame.. I just want to understand the big deal about a little ad at the bottom of the messenger that only advertises yahoo services. I mean it does take money to pay devs to build a messenger and upkeep on servers that has to come from somewhere..

And I answered why I removed them as I saw that as at least a little answer on your question since I think my reason to do it is the same as many others. They just dont want to see it there if they know a way to remove it :) And I dont care if others dont like how my MSN looks but dont you change your wallpaper/theme to make things easier to look at? Same thing. I just customize MSN as well.

But they dont stop me the slightest nor make the program harder to use or inflict on usability. And I understand why they are there too. But if it shows and I personally dont click them or care about them does it do me any good either? I know its originally is there so the thought has already reached me so I can with a good contious (or as I see it that is) remove it. Personal opinion and as there is a WAY to make it vanish I am doing it.

And I am not trying to flame back either. Just putting an opinion up on why I remove it and personally dont want to see it on my messenger but they are free to put it there for every single version, forever. As long as I can remove it I will :) But well, not sure my comments is what you look for so guess others have to fall in with their views and opinions.

^You can't actually be offline the Internet. Only 'Appear Offline' in messenger.

Yeah i know. I am appearing offline and sometimes it works but other times it doesnt.

Messenger was running fine for me (initial final release, I believe it was 087?) until tonight when it kicked me off and wouldn't allow me back on. Upgraded to the latest (92) and it is working again.

It doesn't really make it faster. It just makes it not annoying.

I tried A-Patch last night and I'm so glad I found this thread. The now-patched WLM is what I wanted - no ads, no extra stuff :D

I downloaded and installed it, no problems here though I haven't been accessing my email for some time. It shows that I have 9 unread messages and for me that's a lot :laugh: .

PSG22?