Windows Vista Build 5456 Released

Has anyone noticed any improvements to bluetooth compatibility in this build over beta 2?

As previously mentioned, my built in (toshiba) BT-143 driver didn't want to work in beta 2

Damn, 16 min? What are your specs?

P4 560 3.60ghz (oc 4ghz)

Extreme AX 800XT 256MB

2x 300GB Maxtors Sata runing on Intel Matrix Raid0 558GB

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 667MHz

;)

P4 560 3.60ghz (oc 4ghz)

Extreme AX 800XT 256MB

2x 300GB Maxtors Sata runing on Intel Matrix Raid0 558GB

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 667MHz

;)

Ahh well theres the reason. My PC would probably take aprox 3-4 eons.

Has anyone noticed that while certain features have improved in performance that multi-tasking performance has decreased since the public release of Beta 2 :/ And yes it's a little glitchier (i.e. explorer suddenly changing to the classic theme with the windows start sound, and then returning to normal the next second or graphical glitches) but that's ok.

I'm also hoping that Vista will eventually change and integrate the Advanced Security section of the firewall with the rest of it :)

^^^^^^

I agree fully.

I'm impressed with the features in 5456, but the performance has gone way down overall. People are claiming high per-application performance rates, but explorer freezes often, and i have the audio/video glitch thing too.

Its strange but there is so many people having problem after problem with Vista builds, well thats understandable but sometimes it just seems to much. For the past 3 builds including Beta 2 i never get a problem like most you are having it. Vista has been runing just as smooth as XP for the past 3 builds as i mentioned above, excluding my Audigy 4 Pro drivers which it dn't bother me coz i use a USB sound card. This build its absolutely brilliant and for me there is no such a thing as freezin or locked up Explorer and definitly there ain't any performance lost.

As i've said before, a lot of people are trying to have Vista as main OS and runing on quite slow machines which really this is not intended for slow machines because its the Ultimate Edition and i guess thats why a lot of people in here are having problem with lot of laggin, explorer freezes.

Yesterday i was doing some intensive testing, i had Vue Infinite 5 rendering a 3D map by 1600x1200 and i was playing counter strike source at the same time, never crashed and i still got 30 up to 35fps. So i think in order to have the full potential testing of Vista Ultimate Edition you got to have a really fast machine i don't mean top-end but decent fast. Explorer has never crashed since the December 2005 CTP (Build 5270). Every build i've tested so far, i always had to run some heavy apps just to see how vista handles it. Video editing and 3D rendering is what i always shot Vista builds with ;) and yet it performs just as good as Windows XP.

You can't really open so many threads about vista not being compatiable with this with that and so on, its a bit silly because its up to the software venders and also hardware vender to sort out the drivers and the compatiablity not just M$, and i'm sure they will work on that asap.

Its strange but there is so many people having problem after problem with Vista builds, well thats understandable but sometimes it just seems to much. For the past 3 builds including Beta 2 i never get a problem like most you are having it. Vista has been runing just as smooth as XP for the past 3 builds as i mentioned above, excluding my Audigy 4 Pro drivers which it dn't bother me coz i use a USB sound card. This build its absolutely brilliant and for me there is no such a thing as freezin or locked up Explorer and definitly there ain't any performance lost.

As i've said before, a lot of people are trying to have Vista as main OS and runing on quite slow machines which really this is not intended for slow machines because its the Ultimate Edition and i guess thats why a lot of people in here are having problem with lot of laggin, explorer freezes.

Yesterday i was doing some intensive testing, i had Vue Infinite 5 rendering a 3D map by 1600x1200 and i was playing counter strike source at the same time, never crashed and i still got 30 up to 35fps. So i think in order to have the full potential testing of Vista Ultimate Edition you got to have a really fast machine i don't mean top-end but decent fast. Explorer has never crashed since the December 2005 CTP (Build 5270). Every build i've tested so far, i always had to run some heavy apps just to see how vista handles it. Video editing and 3D rendering is what i always shot Vista builds with ;) and yet it performs just as good as Windows XP.

You can't really open so many threads about vista not being compatiable with this with that and so on, its a bit silly because its up to the software venders and also hardware vender to sort out the drivers and the compatiablity not just M$, and i'm sure they will work on that asap.

Excellent post. (Y)

My problem is that I had Beta 2 installed from the day it was released till two days before the new build when it totally crapped out on me.

Beta 2 wasn't as fast as 5465 but it was stable. I think 5456 is a huge step back in multi-tasking.

UAP is much less obtrusive, but it is buggy as hell, and many actions simply fail because UAP isn't triggered and the required permission isn't found.

I installed it yesterday and I'm very impressed! 3 or 4 builds with big steps up like this one and it can be final (Y).

When will they implement a single build with all of the languages (They said aprox 30) built in? RC stage?

Same here, minors problems :cool:

When will they implement a single build with all of the languages (They said aprox 30) built in? RC stage?

RC1 I believe.