October Desktops

Originally posted by ZeroXero

New desktop:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dale.tanner/13-10-02.jpg

Theme: R9XP

Wallpaper: Circular Blues by ZX

Icons: Snow.E Converted by me.

Info: Samurize, Backnews

Other: TrueLaunchBar, Some MMX Mercury Icons in TLB.

How did you make your arrows so small on TLB? Mine are fairly large in comparrison to my icons (16x16). Thanks :)

I have talked to a lot of people who have said that they are having problems with it loading. They say that the dock won't appear.

All I know to suggest is to have the .NET framework installed.

Someone please help me with this so I can give a solution.

Originally posted by elw3irdo

you getting any errors or something along that?

I seams that the program run, because is in the task programs list, but dont show nothing. No error, just dont show nothing.

I've installed 0.5, 0.51 and 0.6 but nothing happens :(

Originally posted by Eduardo

I seams that the program run, because is in the task programs list, but dont show nothing. No error, just dont show nothing.

I've installed 0.5, 0.51 and 0.6 but nothing happens :(

What's your system? OS?

Originally posted by Tesseract

I have talked to a lot of people who have said that they are having problems with it loading. They say that the dock won't appear.

All I know to suggest is to have the .NET framework installed.

Someone please help me with this so I can give a solution.

Yes I have .net istalled and with some problems too (dont have the cds handy to reinstall). Do you thing this may be the problem?

I'm having the same problems with Mobydock. It'll launch fine, no errors or any of that, but I can't even see it. In the tasks manager it shows up, and the cpu will go up if I mouse over where it should be. Pretty sure I got the latest .NET framework. :(

Yes I have .net istalled and with some problems too (dont have the cds handy to reinstall). Do you thing this may be the problem?

I think this could have something to do with it, but the problem is that it could be other things, and right now I would really like to know what it is. I send someone the exact same config that I am using and it still does not work on their machine.

Now I am at a loss. :(

Xp SP 1

AMD Duron 650 mhz

384 mb RAM

SIS 6326 AGP 8mb Video

Hope this help!

Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, then srop "Hardware acceleration" down one, apply and try running MobyDock :)

Here's my october!

tom-tom/osblue theme

Various Icons. all found through neowin posts.

"play/pause" 'next' and "prev"winamp exe's located to the left of my sys tray... Icons are glass like with a dragon in the middle one.

Simple and FUNCTIONAL!

desktop1.jpg

Originally posted by mystifmagic

Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, then srop "Hardware acceleration" down one, apply and try running MobyDock :)

Done this, nothing changes, sorry :(

Its ur pc in general Eduardo...mobydock needs a very high end vid card, which u do not have...it would not even run at a slow speed on ur pc.

Yeah, I know, thats why I'm not complaining ;), but (there are allways a but) I have a similar (not identical) PC at work, and it runs very well.

Yeah, I know, thats why I'm not complaining ;), but (there are allways a but) I have a similar (not identical) PC at work, and it runs very well.

If you want it to work badly enough you can always try a reinstall of XP (it may work, then again it may not) ;)

Hey how do I actually increase the size of MobyDock and change the color of the bar that the icons rest on? Oh and whenever editing that one .ini file with the new .png files that I put it always seems to error up and not want to start...Pshh I wish there was a better way to edit the settings :right:

haha im not sure how this works when your a mac user but i found my desktop somewhat amusing (and i must say i did a better job of imitating apple aqua than anyone else :p)

stevedesk.jpg

Originally posted by Fairlight

Hey how do I actually increase the size of MobyDock and change the color of the bar that the icons rest on? Oh and whenever editing that one .ini file with the new .png files that I put it always seems to error up and not want to start...Pshh I wish there was a better way to edit the settings :right:

To change the color you would have to edit the background.png in a paint program while mobydock is closed!!

That ini file you are talking about is imagelist.ini, right? Only add the name of the icon, not the extention.

If I were you I would clean out that directory and start if from scratch using only what you want in there. I had these problems before and now my dock works great. :)

Originally posted by mystifmagic

If you want it to work badly enough you can always try a reinstall of XP (it may work, then again it may not) ;)

No thanks, I have tons of very old apps to install (I'm programing legacy apps in Clipper and VB3 ;))

-----------------------------------------

I thing the mobydock is running off screen

here's a screenie:

The mobydock windows is hidden, then I force it to be visible, but it sets back to hidden after a sec or two

dunno....

mobyss.JPG

Originally posted by divinatum

what kind of video card do you have?

As I said before, a very basic SIS 6326 AGP 8mb, and yes I know is not state of the art, but works for everything else.