Windows Live Messenger Beta Gift?

I got my laptop bag today too. Don't have a laptop so it might become a tools bag for when I go out fixin comps. Would take a pic but i'm feelin lazy right about now, lol.

C'mon Microsoft Canada. Send those bags! :p
I can't wait --- it will be a nice bag for my new MacBook that I'm planning on buying :yes:
Oh come on, be proud that you're one of the beta testers for the software that thousands of people use every day! :cool:

Still waiting in Canada. Maybe we'll get something better, just because we had to wait longer. :laugh: (I can keep dreaming, right?)

If only they would send us something better for making us wait :D . Seriously, though... I didn't beta test for a reward -- I'm glad I was in the Private Beta and didn't need to wait for it to go public! That was reward enough for me :yes: .

well i've had mine a couple days now here in australia and i've done some modding to it. i've removed the two white rubber windows live messenger tags, pealed off the green and blue windows live messenger men from the front flap and replaced it with a HIM band logo of the heartagram. its a sweet bag.. but there was no way i was gonna be caught dead walking around with all the windows live messenger stuff on it.

lol...

im a desktop user :D

what do i need a laptop bag for... oh well...

still waitin in germany, could arrive today maybe

-fm

Just got mine today (in Brisbane, Aus). Although it looks alright, it's a little too small for my liking; I found it pretty hard to squish my 14" tablet into the bag. Anyways, I guess I should look a gift horse in the mouth :p

Thanks Microsoft! :D

And hopefully people in Canada will start getting them this week.... Here's hoping for tomorrow! :)

well i've had mine a couple days now here in australia and i've done some modding to it. i've removed the two white rubber windows live messenger tags, pealed off the green and blue windows live messenger men from the front flap and replaced it with a HIM band logo of the heartagram. its a sweet bag.. but there was no way i was gonna be caught dead walking around with all the windows live messenger stuff on it.

Could you possbily tell me how you were able to take off the Messenger Logo on the bag?

I would also like to do this possbily :p.

Im pretty stoked they sent me anything at all, I was suprised when I got it yesterday, I wasn't expecting anything. I was happy just to test the beta.

Could you possbily tell me how you were able to take off the Messenger Logo on the bag?

I would also like to do this possbily :p.

It was quite simple actually.. just used the nails on my fingers.. it took a while.. better part of my train trip from my place into the city which is a 50min trip. under the space where the logo was there is a small colour difference that can be noticed in different light. as long as you put your logo/design over the same area it won't be noticeable unless people are really trying to find it.

I'm not sure whether this has been posted before. I've tried doing a search on "live messenger bag" but none of the results show that this has been posted. I was a bit surprised to receive a bag from Microsoft for helping them to beta test WLM. I don't have a camera with me at the moment but I saw these pictures from another forum. (I don't take credit for the photos and thanks to whoever they belong to.)

bag02zk4.th.jpg tag01it6.th.jpg tag02fa4.th.jpg msbag001sr4.th.jpg msbag002ul0.th.jpg msbag003gn0.th.jpg

Loving it!!! The quality of the bag is pretty good too, not cheap & crappy material... :D

EDIT: I just realize it has been posted. Sorry.

Edited by hansch

Thread merged and cleaned.

wow i would really like one of these! i was a windows live messenger beta tester so not sure if i will get one :(

I'll send you mine if I ever get it.

can someone explain, how to get this bag?

The bag is a gift from Microsoft to all the people who helped test Windows Live Messenger during its development.

In order to get one, you had to have been an official beta tester.

I just got mine - very nice.

Now that one of my 17" monitors fried, I'm thinking of selling it to the highest bidder so I can get that monitor replaced. :yes:

Anyone Interested? :whistle:

--ScottKin