Microsoft Delivers New Vista Beta Build (5472)

Microsoft on Monday released Windows Vista Beta Build 5472 to technical beta testers, TAP customers and MSDN subscribers. The interim update is intended to give testers a more recent build, and encourage application and device driver developers to accelerate deployment on Vista.

Quality and performance enhancements are the primary changes in 5472, along with further tweaks to User Account Control. The new build is the second to follow Beta 2, and will not be released to Customer Preview Program participants. Microsoft expects to deliver the next public release of Windows Vista, Release Candidate 1, later this quarter.

Source

post-51806-1153158504_thumb.jpg

Looks good, but https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry587697853

Keep us informed about how well it handles

oh great, im pretty sure you are allowed two threads about new vista buils. one in BPN so peoople can see the general advancement of vista. and the one in beta discussion is about the actually technical cheese in this build and for support.

not on msdn, and probably won't be :( *grumble*

how do they expect developers to test this if they don't give us frequent enough builds? booooo!!!

Man it is a good thing i took my macbook to work today :) i'm downloading this build right now :( connect is kinda slow but i should be testing it on the macbook in less than 2hours :)

I'm sure it goes without saying. The first person that installs this PLEASE post new features and screenshots ASAP.

Calming

Man it is a good thing i took my macbook to work today :) i'm downloading this build right now :( connect is kinda slow but i should be testing it on the macbook in less than 2hours :)

Let us know how the new build runs and such on the MacBook, I am planning to get a macbook soon... what are your specs?

Let us know how the new build runs and such on the MacBook, I am planning to get a macbook soon... what are your specs?

White 2.0ghz at the moment with 512, 100gb hdd, i ordered 2x512(ddr pc5400 OZ ram) last night for it should be here in this week, hopefully that helps it run faster, and i should be able to enable glass once i get it. :)

ps 76% done, less than 20mins left and i should be burning and installing

White 2.0ghz at the moment with 512, 100gb hdd, i ordered 2x512(ddr pc5400 OZ ram) last night for it should be here in this week, hopefully that helps it run faster, and i should be able to enable glass once i get it. :)

ps 76% done, less than 20mins left and i should be burning and installing

Awesome! Will you let us[me] :p know how it runs with the current specs, and how/if the RAM upgrade increases performance?

yeah i'm using the lakeport drivers and i do have a 1gig u3 cruzer, i didn't know the readyboost feature was enabled

burning disc now

you can my little bro has a macbook with 1gb ram and he has glass enabled with the lakeport drivers runs very fast actually

Can you get an invite to join connect or ask microsoft or something? Im stuck with beta 2 and i need a new build as I am a beta tester for norton products also and vista is a platform i need to test on :(