FA Premier League Thread

Well done to West Ham and Wigan for staying up...I quite like both of them teams. I expect there to be some controversy though, Neil Warnock will kick up a lot of fuss about West Ham's lack of a point deduction.

It was Robbie Fowler's last game at Anfield today, and we gave him a fantastic send off. We took Fowler off in the 89th minute so we could give him a standing ovation...thirty seconds later we are awarded a penalty. I was so gutted for Robbie as he would of took that penalty, a 90th minute goal at the Kop end in his last game at Anfield would of been a romantic send off for him :cry:.

We love you Robbie!

Wrong Bobby!

Sheffield United are down!

Yep

I never would of thought they would of gone down...now I will expect Sheff Utd to sue us :D

Yeah, it's ironic! The Wigan chairman started all this suing business, and now he stays up! They can't sue us for crap though!

Come on you Hammers!

Yeah, it's ironic! The Wigan chairman started all this suing business, and now he stays up! They can't sue us for crap though!

Come on you Hammers!

Yeah Wigan will drop it now I think...its just being bitter...lets see how the summer pans out...

It's seems that Sheffield United will be the only ones trying to save their skins now due to the Tevez thing.

However fans are fickle, I think that Sheffield United fans would prefer to win lots of games and challange for an automatic spot to the premiership 2007-2008.

46 games + two cup runs.

Got to be better challenging for a title in the championship than struggling down at the foot of the premiership table.

With the next TV money though they can't really afford to miss out, because the gap will widen even further between the Premiership and Championship next season I rekon.

Yeah Wigan will drop it now I think...its just being bitter...lets see how the summer pans out...

The Wigan chairman has already said he will continue fighting to get West Ham deducted points even though his own manager pointed out that the reason that they were in relegation trouble was because they were not winning games or playing well enough.

Too much money in football now, rules, common sense etc are all gone, it's no longer sport but a business where the only thing that matters is the end of year profit margin.

With the next TV money though they can't really afford to miss out, because the gap will widen even further between the Premiership and Championship next season I rekon.

Yeah it seems Wigan and Sheff Utd are getting Fulham and Middlesborough involved and even going to some of the top clubs to get support...its looking more bleak for us...

Yep. I still think West Ham are going down.

FIFA could enforce points deduction over Tevez

FIFA are to step into the Carlos Tevez row and will investigate whether West Ham should have been docked points for breaching Premier League rules.

GettyImages

The controversial Argentinean may have played his last game for West Ham.

Sepp Blatter, president of FIFA, said the game's world governing body had the power to pass a final verdict on an independent commission's decision to fine West Ham ?5.5million for having a third-party agreement.

Several Premier League clubs are considering legal action against the Premier League over the commission's sanction, claiming the Hammers should have been deducted points.

? Premier League insist eligibility never in doubt

Blatter told a media briefing in Zurich: 'We will look at this - and not only if we are asked, we will do it anyway.

'We will ask for the file once it has been decided how and why the decision was made.

'If we feel something was wrong in this decision then we have to open our file.'

Blatter said in terms of timescale a 'decision would have to be taken immediately.'

He added that according to FIFA's files the transfer of Tevez and Mascherano from Brazilian side Corinthians to West Ham had complied with international transfer regulations.

Blatter added: 'We will monitor this situation very carefully and once this situation is dealt with by the league and the FA we will ask for the files and have a look because we have the right and the responsibility to see how such cases are dealt with.

'The matter is linked with a club in Brazil - Corinthians - and with the ownership of this club and the ownership of the two players.

'According to our files the transfer of Tevez was done correctly according to the international transfer of players.'

Blatter said a recent ruling by the Swiss federal court against Spanish third division side Rayo Vallecano meant FIFA did have jurisdiction over individual clubs.

He added: 'Yes we have the power. The Swiss federal court has made a ruling by saying that FIFA and its associations have the right and the power to use all 14 sanctions of the disciplinary code starting with a warning and ending with exclusion of a member via relegation and deduction of points.'

In the Rayo Vallecano case, the Spanish club had been threatened with relegation if it did not pay transfer fees owed to a Brazilian club. It claimed, unsuccessfully, that FIFA did not have the power to do so.

F.I.F.A. should mind their own business.

Premiership is over 38 games not 1.

West Ham will not go down.

F.I.F.A. should mind their own business.

Premiership is over 38 games not 1.

West Ham will not go down.

FIFA oversee all the football so it is their business, dunno what the premiership being over 38 games has to do with anything though :p if tevez wasn't legally registered and played any single game, west ham should have been docked points just like all the other clubs were when they fielded an non-registered [properly] player

FIFA oversee all the football so it is their business, dunno what the premiership being over 38 games has to do with anything though :p if tevez wasn't legally registered and played any single game, west ham should have been docked points just like all the other clubs were when they fielded an non-registered [properly] player

It's the premier league that should be dealt with not West Ham United.

They did nothing wrong.

Go back to 1997 when Spurs docked 12 points and kicked out of the FA Cup, Alan Michael Sugar took them over (Spurs) went to court and his defence was that things happened before he took the club over and what happened was, Spurs back in FA Cup and given 12 points.

But Tevez one of the players named and disputed has scored quite a few goals at the club since he has been at West Ham and this is why some of the clubs and fans are getting angry.

The premier league are to blame, their bods that run it.

Not West Ham United.

When they signed the two Argentinians the premier league did nothing about it.

August the new season starts, thats not long to go, so how on earth will it be sorted out?

The premier league are to blame, their bods that run it.

Not West Ham United.

When they signed the two Argentinians the premier league did nothing about it.

August the new season starts, thats not long to go, so how on earth will it be sorted out?

Thats like saying if a pupil in a school does something wrong then its the Schools fault.

West ham United have to accept some sort of blame for this situation and suffer the consequences.

No No No No

West Ham United did nothing wrong.

The premier league make the rules up West Ham United aquired the players, so the premier league who

over-see the premier league should had done something about it last year.

Your point about the school, if a child does something wrong in school, it's upto the school to discipline the child if they don't yes, the school is to blame.

No No No No

West Ham United did nothing wrong.

The premier league make the rules up West Ham United aquired the players, so the premier league who

over-see the premier league should had done something about it last year.

Your point about the school, if a child does something wrong in school, it's upto the school to discipline the child if they don't yes, the school is to blame.

west ham broke the rules no one else, the premier league then didnt give the right punishment out, and so are now [or will be] involved in a legal battle with various clubs to get the proper punishment handed out

west ham broke the rules no one else, the premier league then didnt give the right punishment out, and so are now [or will be] involved in a legal battle with various clubs to get the proper punishment handed out

There was not a rule for them to break.

You cannot break a rule if it does not exist or is incorrectly applied.

From what i understand West Ham did not correctly give the league all the correct information and hidden some details from that.

That's pretty much a sin. And there is still doubt over the contract as well now.

• 1 month later...