Lamest sport ever?

For me it has to be lacrosse.

Saw it on cable last nite the US were playon Canada in the world final, in London Ontairo, which is typical ...wprld final?!! Who the hell plays the sport anyway???!!

As for the game it doesnt look very exciting to me....besides Canada seemed to be gettin thir asses whooped in the rain.....

Is it a pro sport ?

Nah... I'd say the honor goes to one of the following...

Race-walking

Golf (sorry all you golf fans, just my opinion... I know it takes skill before you all jump on me)

Curling

Table Tennis

In order........

Golf

Chess

Bowling

Baseball

Basketball

And watching them on TV is even more painful.......

Barney

UK Soccer (no sense in head-butting)

:rofl:

I'd have to say that auto racing is extremely boring and lame. I mean, who can sit on their couch and watch 500 laps of a race? :pinch:

I also give my vote to baseball. I cannot sit and watch 9 innings of a game without changing the channel.

Saw it on cable last nite the US were playon Canada in the world final, in London Ontairo, which is typical ...wprld final?!! Who the hell plays the sport anyway???!!

As for the game it doesnt look very exciting to me....besides Canada seemed to be gettin thir asses whooped in the rain.....

Is it a pro sport ?

Arena Lacrosse is a quasi-pro sport. Some of them are pros and other have jobs as firemen or something else on the side or during the off-season.

Toronto Rock are a club in the National Lacrosse League

What you saw of TV was the original outdoor format. The NLL plays in smaller hockey arenas that are more intimate. I've been to see them live and it is pretty exciting. The flow of the game is similar to hockey and they are whacking the heck out of each other with their lacrosse sticks (that double as clubs). They are only allowed to hit the upper body. I watch Toronto Rock games on TV a fair bit.

The world championships you saw did have teams from all over the world. Beyond Canada, US and native north american teams (like the Iroquois) there were teams from Australia (they got to the semis). There were 21 nations involved in total. Go to their website and have a look at the flags:

http://www.2006worldlacrosse.com/

High school soccer (in a 90 minute game, maybe 2 points are scored.. its soo boring)

Hockey - unless theres a fight

The excitement doesn't come from just scoring goals or 'points' as you put it :pinch:. It also comes from trying to outsmart and beat your opponent.

Academic Decathalon. Its not really a sport to most but nerds think it is.

curling. cant see whats so good in that

golf. hate the attitude of some players and I rather play a game like hockey riding on golfcarts and swingin clubs to hit the ball into the tiny hole while trying to hit other drivers. Something like demo derby with hockey but on a golf course.

I have little interest in watching basketball. I find that just about every game comes down to the last two minutes making 90% of the game meaningless. Then the last two minutes take forever with all of the play stoppages and timeouts.

haha, no offense, but it doesn't take too long to sterotype you after reading that :)

It basically boils down to the fact the Americans only understand their own sports and the rest of the world don't understand the Americans.

Is it a pro sport ?

yeah, i play highschool lacrosse and it is great! Some people , like you, wont get the sport. You have to know it to enjoy it. Also, professional lacrosse is kind of boring because their isnt many hits because everyone their knows how to catch, dodge, ect real well. Highschool lacrosse is different, we run plays like them, but their is alot more hits and such. I like it more, but yeah. Dont b/s a sport you dont know about man, thats some fa**ot sh*t.

Golf and Cricket are boring to watch on TV, although playing a game of cricket can be fun , but golf I don't have the patience to learn.

F1 racing is pretty boring, normally whoever is in front after the first coupld of laps wins it anyways.

Curling - Who invented this? This is the type of game you make up when you're drunk and have limited resuorces to make a game.