Lamest sport ever?

I take no offence when americans/canadians go on about hating this game called "soccer"- whats that??

anyways FOOTBALL is the beautiful game, always has been, always will be and people who don't like it have something wrong with them. Its the most popular Sport in the world by a long margin. I know Baseball's popular in Latin America but Football is a religion there!!!

-some Other sports are good but none come close to the great game of Football: skill, beauty, elegance, the tactical battle, the drama football has it all. IMO only basketball has athletes with the technique, pace and skill to match football- but thats annoying cos theres a basket every 5 seconds. and Football certainly isn't a pansy game. if u think it is u aint playing it right in America. when u come off the field u usually have 2 or 3 cuts and bruises and have usually been barged about a fair bit aswell. Theres a large battling element to Football, which might not appear to be the case. Anyway its a contact sport- if u wanna call something pansy it would make more sense it be a non-contact sport like BASEBALL!

Lame sports:

-Golf!!!! (Boring)

-Athletics (maybe with exception of 100m- sorta exciting)

-Curling

-Car/Bike racing

-Ice Hockey. who can even see the puck? (or whatever its called)

Good Sports:

-FOOTball (the beautiful game)

-Cricket

-Rubgy (Lge' & Union)

-Tennis

-The U.S sports aren't too bad but the most annoying is NFL. it has the potential to be a good game but the whole play 10seconds then pause for 30 drives me CRAZY, and this is excerbated by constant adverts. I dont understand why they don't pass either. The play starts with a quality 40/50-yard distribution by the quater-back and then after that its head down and run and (USUALLY) hope for the best before everyone piles in. Why cant they pass more than once in the move- make the game more expansive and dynamic. and whats with the whole change of teams for attack and defence- BIZARRE!!!

I won't deny you your opinion on how you view each sport as entertaining or not. It would be ridiculous of me to do so. But I will counter your promotion of football as a rough sport. I understand that it is so, and what you say is likely so, but can it compete with the rougher sports? An example would be hockey, a sport I am familiar with as you are with football. Some hockey players have had their teeth knocked out by a flying hard rubber puck, but most will continue to play. Many get cuts during play, and will receive stitches on the bench only to go out again. There are many stories of injured players feigning health to continue play. It is traditional for hockey players to play through the pain, and I can expect the same thing for some other North American sports.

As I said, have fun with football. But try not to proclaim its supposed roughness.

I have little interest in watching basketball. I find that just about every game comes down to the last two minutes making 90% of the game meaningless. Then the last two minutes take forever with all of the play stoppages and timeouts.

That's true, but then again, that's what makes it exciting. It's no fun watching one team stay ahead the whole game.

i love basketball, the big men in the middle is my fav. part, but now in the NBA is about speed and getting up and down the court. i dont like that. i like to see D and the big man in the middle to dunk the basketball.

-The U.S sports aren't too bad but the most annoying is NFL. it has the potential to be a good game but the whole play 10seconds then pause for 30 drives me CRAZY, and this is excerbated by constant adverts. I dont understand why they don't pass either. The play starts with a quality 40/50-yard distribution by the quater-back and then after that its head down and run and (USUALLY) hope for the best before everyone piles in. Why cant they pass more than once in the move- make the game more expansive and dynamic. and whats with the whole change of teams for attack and defence- BIZARRE!!!

and thats why you dont get american football.

the 30 sec is to pick the best play. its kinda like Chess you dont want to run out and move fast you may lose. its no differnt then watching people walk 30 secs in soccer then 30 more secs standing, dont say is doesnt i timed it in the world cup. people dont move fast or far in soccer most of the time. hockey is a better sport its the same but the people are moving all the time.

its offence and defence, but sides attack. the offence attacks, to get to the endzone. and the defence attacks to get the ball back for there offence.

what i think is bizarre is that soccer only has 3 mins of good time in the whole game that is it, nothing more but sometimes less. maybe if they speed up the game it will be funner to watch, add 2 more people, make the field a little smaller, make the games 60 mins, let them hit each other to get the ball.

A) theres alot more tha 3 mins of excitement in the average game!! if what your saying was the case then it wouldnt be the most popular sport on the planet by a country mile.

B)Hit each other to get the ball??? are u on crack- thats a stupid idea!

C)and why make the field smaller?

D)and no way in hell make the game 60 mins- any FOOTBALL fan would laugh at u if they read that!!!!

Hm.. The lamest sport in my opinion would be.. Water Polo!! Haha. That game look's soo boring but yeah it takes alot of stamina to play it, but yeah that's my opinion..

My favorite sport would definately have to be tennis. Alot of people say it's sucks and it's "GAY". But in my opinion tennis is the best. I have been playing for awhile and my favorite is the rallying, it's fun hitting the ball back and forth for 20+ times, it really get's exciting and especially when games get down to the wire.

I have been playing for awhile and my favorite is the rallying, it's fun hitting the ball back and forth for 20+ times, it really get's exciting and especially when games get down to the wire.

The rallying? I guess I don't play as much, but its lame IMO. Unless I'm playing with an un-co chick then I always try and use an array of shots to move them into a crap position on the court and then try and seal it with a winner. Maybe I mis-read your post, but it sounds mundane just hitting back and forth with out going for a kill.

The rallying? I guess I don't play as much, but its lame IMO. Unless I'm playing with an un-co chick then I always try and use an array of shots to move them into a crap position on the court and then try and seal it with a winner. Maybe I mis-read your post, but it sounds mundane just hitting back and forth with out going for a kill.

I find it fun, it's boring for me when a tennis match just goes 1 or 2 hit's and the game finishes, better when games are long rallies which makes it more interesting and exciting to me, great seeing who get's tired out first and who'll miss the shot. Isn't that the meaning of tennis anyways hitting the ball back and forth and trying to win the point? Usually hitting the ball 1 or 2 times in a game get's boring cause that means it will end fast. Also killing the ball is pretty fun to, haha.

To play: Basketball/Baseball

Maybe because you can't play them? Im taking it that you never took the time to play either basketball or baseball? Basketball's a highly skilled game. I guess you just lack the skill to play it, maybe? :p