Dead Rising [Definitive] Help & FAQ Thread

The Convicts In The Jeep ARE BACK!!!

And honestly I swore I destroyed the Jeep too!!! Seriously not kdding though...

Since I totally did not expect it, I cannot describe to you the chill that when up my spine when I walked outside and heard their music. :laugh:

Actually it is not horrible news though, cause now I can get the 50 Caliber Machine gun... But I did think I had seen the last of them, so I am not sure how I feel about this. :rofl:

Did you use the propane tank to do it?

Kill The Convicts You Mean?

If so, check out THIS REPLY earlier in the thread, then read my response after it. I literally did exactly what the guy in the video did. Good Luck...

I found this new Amazingly Kick Ass Map that was made by some members over at IGN.

Absolutely a stellar reference.

It is not only a map of the mall, but what separates this from the rest is they did an amazing job of listing pretty much every item for each store as well. :yes:

The Convicts In The Jeep ARE BACK!!!

And honestly I swore I destroyed the Jeep too!!! Seriously not kdding though...

Since I totally did not expect it, I cannot describe to you the chill that when up my spine when I walked outside and heard their music. :laugh:

Actually it is not horrible news though, cause now I can get the 50 Caliber Machine gun... But I did think I had seen the last of them, so I am not sure how I feel about this. :rofl:

I was reading that to make them not respawn you need to kill 2000 zombies with the hummer after you take it, and also destroy it so you can't get back in.

Can anyone tell me when the cultists will disapear? I'm on the Isabella mission and they are all over the place. Any help apreciated.

I was reading that to make them not respawn you need to kill 2000 zombies with the hummer after you take it, and also destroy it so you can't get back in.

Can anyone tell me when the cultists will disapear? I'm on the Isabella mission and they are all over the place. Any help apreciated.

Well I destroyed The Jeep the first time I took them out, but not by killing 2000 zombies with it, so maybe that is it... They did appear right at midnight the second night I realized too...

And about the Cultists...

There is going to be a side mission coming up soon after the Issabella mission. Just ignore them and do not try to fight them up close. You can definitely avoid them. But with this other mission, Otis is going to call you and tell you about "A bunch of weirdo's outside the movie theatre in Raincoats." This will start the mission inside the movie theatre, where you face the leader. I died and have not tried it again since I last played, but I have read in other places if you kill the leader, they will supposedly leave you alone, not sure if they completely disappear.

Kill The Convicts You Mean?

If so, check out THIS REPLY earlier in the thread, then read my response after it. I literally did exactly what the guy in the video did. Good Luck...

I know how to kill them. I thought you asked how to kill them permanently.

I've read you can use the propain tank that is by the picnic table to destroy the jeep. I personally just let them roam so I can use the gun if I need it.

the snipers were easy, but leading 4 girls back at once is hard to control.. i put them all down stairs in a store behind something, and gave a girl a stick lol.

i just ran in circles beating the crap out of the 3 snipers, but i wasted a lot of time shooting them from inside the hockey store.. now i know what to do.

by the time i figured it all out, it said mission failed.. so i think i'll just run outside and go in.

heres a helpful tip: Give a survivor your best weapon, like a katana, or SMG, or something very powerful, because the ammo will never run out with them.. and swords don't burn out either!

Man I can't wait to get this game! :woot: Sounds like fun :) What does the online play consist of? :blink:

what online play? sorry.. but only thing online is the scoreboard ranking?

what online play? sorry.. but only thing online is the scoreboard ranking?

oh I thought I read somewhere there was some type of co-op play. hmmm.... must of misread :blush: But I still can't wait to get this game :yes:

How do you drive the trucks that are spread throughout the Maintenance Tunnel?

All I can do is open the back, not drive them.

TIA,

DL

How do you drive the trucks that are spread throughout the Maintenance Tunnel?

All I can do is open the back, not drive them.

TIA,

DL

there is other trucks to drive, that one by the maintence key doesn't drive, from what i know.. watch the video

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=587782868

Does anybody know how to beat the cult leader? GOD that guy is fast and powerful.. the SMG hardly effected him

there is other trucks to drive, that one by the maintence key doesn't drive, from what i know.. watch the video

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=587782868

Does anybody know how to beat the cult leader? GOD that guy is fast and powerful.. the SMG hardly effected him

I used the big machine gun from the Jeep to beat him. One word of warning though, his sword will sometimes knock it out of your hands, and dodging will also make you drop it.

Other than that, he's a push over with the huge machine gun.

i can't get that gun back.. the guys are gone.. they don't return until tomorrow, and i guess this boss is a MUST right?

i'll just stock up on SMG's, Katana's and bottles of OJ.

Couple answers for y'all:

The trucks in the maintenance tunnel:

If you listen to Isabella, she tells you that Carlito has disable the trucks, which is why you have to carry them out by hand. The only truck you can drive is the one by the last bomb, to the left of the entrance.

The cult leader:

Use the katana and just dodge his thrusts. After you dodge, he'll stay still for a moment or two. Just kick his ass when he does so.

Man, any tips for getting through the Carlito mission witht he bombs?

I an't get through it, even when I switch from the motorcycle to the truck. :(

i can't get that gun back.. the guys are gone.. they don't return until tomorrow, and i guess this boss is a MUST right?

i'll just stock up on SMG's, Katana's and bottles of OJ.

The Cult leader is NOT a must for the game to keep continuing. I skipped him, and everything was fine.

I know I will not get the best ending, but right now all I am worrying about is finishing the game... My second go through I will get all of the side missions I can...

And I started playing after I posted, and I literally answered my own question on why you cannot ride a good amount of the trucks in the tunnel... do not want to ruin it for anyone though in case they have not gotten there...

thanks larry.. i'll skip that boss.. maybe.. hehe, but i just want to complete my game too, i just want any ending i can get, and then i'm gonna do genocide, to help me get true ending :)

Edit: i owned Seon so fast.. but i wish i didn't.. because the psychopath's give me a lot of PP for every head shot :)

oh well, i saved 4 people heh

Edited by lylesback2

' date='Aug 14 2006, 19:44' post='587786164']

Man, any tips for getting through the Carlito mission witht he bombs?

I an't get through it, even when I switch from the motorcycle to the truck. :(

Do you still need help?

Since I am a mod I check this section at least every 15 minutes, so let me know and I will explain it to you the best I can as I just finished it a little while ago...

@ obake - Thanks the truck explanation.(Y) As you can see by my post above I figured it out, I was literally right before that part when I posted.

@ lylesback - No problem my man. Cmon now. And BTW, who is Seon? I am skipping pretty much every mini scoop mission except a few...

@ lylesback - No problem my man. Cmon now. And BTW, who is Seon? I am skipping pretty much every mini scoop mission except a few...

Seon = Cult leader in the movie threatre..

How do you know if the mission is critical or not? i haven't figured that out yet, i just try to do everything "story" wise

Seon = Cult leader in the movie threatre..

How do you know if the mission is critical or not? i haven't figured that out yet, i just try to do everything "story" wise

I am not sure to be completely honest with you, but I do have an educated guess...

Every time it has been a critical mission, I am almost positive I recall that I had to go back to the Security Room each time first. Then when it is critical it opens up the Case file itself and lets you know what segment of the case you are on itself (like 7-1, 7-2, 7-3).

Unless it is in your Case File, I think every other missions, or Scoops, can be skipped actually. Basically everytime Otis calls you and tells you about something that does not require going back to the Security Room, I think it can be skipped.

Again, I do not know for sure, but I definitely have only been focusing on the cases, and not the scoops Otis gives you. As a result I have let A LOT of side missions go by, a lot of them, and I am still going strong.

TO EVERYONE

Just curious what Level is everybody?

I am only Level 17 or 18 right now, because I have skipped so many side missions.

level 23 i believe.. or just about to reach it, because it jumped so much saving so many survivors.. i think i saved about 15-17 now.

i have the top half of health, + 2 more squares.. and i can carry 8 or 9 items..

I found out you can give survivors food to heal.. i feel dumb now :/

i always give them the best weapon i have, so they don't get stuck in a crowd of people.

right now i have 4 survivors.. one has a huge sword, one has a SMG, and 2 others have katana LOL.. i just need to remember to change those weapons for something else before i bring them back to the security room.

Someone mentioned taking a picture of the vent near the gun shop.. is it urgently needed for a side mission or something?

level 23 i believe.. or just about to reach it, because it jumped so much saving so many survivors.. i think i saved about 15-17 now.

i have the top half of health, + 2 more squares.. and i can carry 8 or 9 items..

I found out you can give survivors food to heal.. i feel dumb now :/

i always give them the best weapon i have, so they don't get stuck in a crowd of people.

right now i have 4 survivors.. one has a huge sword, one has a SMG, and 2 others have katana LOL.. i just need to remember to change those weapons for something else before i bring them back to the security room.

Someone mentioned taking a picture of the vent near the gun shop.. is it urgently needed for a side mission or something?

Damn. Level 23. Nice. (Y)

And yep, feeding the Survivors food is huge.

I was the actually the exact opposite. Although I knew about the food, I did not even think to give them weapons until yesterday. :blush:

Believe it or not, once he joined me, I actually killed the one Survivor to get his Shotgun. :rofl:

No clue about the vent you are asking about, did not even know it was there, but if I hear, find out while playing or read anything I will let you know. :yes:

i just got 4 survivors to the security center, and my points just went right up :) also killing that cult leader Seon.. and beating this psycho in the mall, not sure of his names gave me a lot of points :D (also taking a picture of the pp gave me 5000 PP!) im not level 26.. sorry i can't put the controller down!

we should rename this thread: Dirty larry & lylesback2's dead rising thread

heh.