Dead Rising [Definitive] Help & FAQ Thread

Do you still need help?

Actually, nto anymore, but I'm stuck on the .. butcher guy, whatever his name is.

I'm just wondering what weapon will work best on this guy ..

' date='Aug 14 2006, 22:25' post='587786523']

Actually, nto anymore, but I'm stuck on the .. butcher guy, whatever his name is.

I'm just wondering what weapon will work best on this guy ..

You mean the guy in the supermarket?

If so...

I just got the SMG Uzi, a regular handgun, and the Katana, and then loaded up on OJ in my other slots. Those are the only 3 weapons I used.

You can jump up to the top of the aisles, and get behind one of the "pillars" the very end of the aisle itself.

You can get in a position where you can shoot him and he misses you a few times. Sometimes his shots will hit you and knock you off of the top, so just take some food to health up again, and get back on top. When his health is pretty low, I just jumped down when his back was to me. I then sliced him up with the Katana a few times.

Pretty much the same theory applies to all harder enemies to kill...

Getting in as close as you can with the Katana or a sword seems to be the most effective route to take overall. Most of them have in part of their pattern a point where they turn your back towards you, and then you just strike them like mad.

So a combination of this with far away shooting usually takes care of these guys.

The only boss I have yet to kill is Cletus in the Gun Shop. I have decided to wait for the Special Forces to just take him out I think, which I have read elsewhere that they do.

Hey guys.... he didn't mean the supermarket guy, he meant the actual butcher. You run into him later in the game. For the butcher I used a few shotguns and nothing more, just be sure to hide behind the hanging meat after you hit him. I'm sure others will disagree though and say that the minichainsaws are the easiest way to kill him, along with pretty much every other boss, lol... They are pretty sweet, especially when you're holding books that upgrade their sturdiness.

DirtyLarry, as for Cletus, just run out of the shop after the movie sequence, hang near the left door once you open it, and you should be able to shoot him without him shooting back... It takes a little while longer this way, but it's much easier and safer :p

I heard cletus is easy.. and i read a method on how to kill him, but you need a lot of ammo.

go into the gun shop, and immediately run out.. just shoot him through the window :)

or, hide behind a magazine rack, when he reloads, just shoot, then go back into hiding :)

Seon (the cult leader) has one of the most powerful weapon next to the machine gun. I've been using this sword for a good solid 100+ kills, and it hasn't started blinking yet.. :/

this is a must get/keep weapon.. you can renew weapons too, just give them to survivors and take it back off them

Ahh, did not realize there was a butcher. I suppose I might be running into him really soon...

you can renew weapons too, just give them to survivors and take it back off them

KICK ASS tip. Very nice to know indeed...

I guess I have to wait to get his sword on my second play-through though. :rofl:

And I will try to take out Cletus tomorrow. I am off to bed to dream about the game, which not even kidding, I did last night. :wacko:

Just got Ending A, and started the first couple tasks of Overtime Mode. :) I need sleeeeep!

Oh man, I just got ending A too. I just kept thinking: "Too good to be true." through the entire cutscene. :p

' date='Aug 14 2006, 22:32' post='587786909']

Oh man, I just got ending A too. I just kept thinking: "Too good to be true." through the entire cutscene. :p

Same here. Got it today. haven't started the next one yet. Pretty excited though!

Hahahahahahahha! I finished the game last night, and got ending C and D no ending A. Man that suks, I made it back to the security room past all the spec ops guys and still lost the game. Damn the save system!

Well at least I get to run thru it at L25 now. Should be quick and fun!

I was 26 at the end, and then with the bonus pp at the end you get, I jumped 3 levels I think. I'm gonna finish the overtime first and then play through again, so I can get the genocide achievement and everything :)

would it be safe to say that first time you go through, you should do the main missions? then 2nd time as you know what to do, you can do more and more of the side missions? also,

people who HAVE completed the game, list all the bosses/missions that you NEED to do, so people who want to conplete the game quickly (if possible?) can just do the bare minimum?

would it be safe to say that first time you go through, you should do the main missions? then 2nd time as you know what to do, you can do more and more of the side missions? also,

people who HAVE completed the game, list all the bosses/missions that you NEED to do, so people who want to conplete the game quickly (if possible?) can just do the bare minimum?

That's easy. Just follow your cases and don't do anything else. You will have a lot of time between some of them.

there is just so much time between cases, that i would rather go explore for awhile, and find everything.

i know the next thing i am going to do once i beat the game, doesn't matter what ending, is do genocide.. it will help me unlock an achievement, boost my level, and give me the magaman gun..

also, i want to go take pictures of all the PP stickers, and do all mini-achievements i can before restarting the game for A ending.

this game is disgustingly fun, haha. after a long day of work and coming home to homerun zombies heads relaxes you pretty well.

Thats for the start of this thread i got the game today and ill check back here if i run into problems.

I nominate this game for the worst save/load system ever. Playing through overtime mode, if you dont wanna lose time, and you get knocked out by special forces, then you have to quit to dash and reload the entire game. This just plain sucks :angry:

Hopefully they'll fix the save game with a patch or something

i think it's intended.. i find myself having to go to the dashboard myself a lot to reload the game if i fail something...

i think it's intended.. i find myself having to go to the dashboard myself a lot to reload the game if i fail something...

I do the same exact thing with going to the dashboard to load it. It is a pain in the ass, but luckily it all loads pretty damn quick.

In regards to the patch fixing the save system, I would not hold my breath.

I agree with you 110% as well, I think the saving system was without a doubt intentional.

It really does force people to truly think about their next move and/or current and future decisions.

It adds to the strategy of the game. If players had multiple saves, it would take away an element from how people would play the game overall, no question about it. Not sure if it would be for better or for worse, but I do see why they decided to do it this way.

Whew, I just did the Genocide Achievement.

The (real) MegaMan Blaster is worth it. Now i'm going through the game a second time to take out all of the psychopaths. :)

' date='Aug 16 2006, 15:32' post='587791676']

Whew, I just did the Genocide Achievement.

The (real) MegaMan Blaster is worth it. Now i'm going through the game a second time to take out all of the psychopaths. :)

yeah, it's got one hit cheap kills :) but heres a question, does it ever go away? or can you keep shooting without the threat of losing this weapon? and if so, can you carry more then 1?

Yes, answer those questions pleaseeeee. I'm holding out on starting a game, I don't know whether I wanna go after the Genocide achievement first, or start Infinity mode and try to survive for 7 days.

Yes, answer those questions pleaseeeee. I'm holding out on starting a game, I don't know whether I wanna go after the Genocide achievement first, or start Infinity mode and try to survive for 7 days.

i can't tell you what to do, but i am going for the genocide achievement in order to get the magaman buster, so i can easily beat the game, and get Infinity mode...

OMFG, how the hell do you beat larry the meat man? this is driving crazy! i tried shooting him.. an uzi can't take this ****** down.. and i tried stabbing him, he grabs me and hangs me up until he slashes me until i die! dear god im getting annoyed by this guy

Edited by lylesback2

i can't tell you what to do, but i am going for the genocide achievement in order to get the magaman buster, so i can easily beat the game, and get Infinity mode...

OMFG, how the hell do you beat larry the meat man? this is driving crazy! i tried shooting him.. an uzi can't take this ****** down.. and i tried stabbing him, he grabs me and hangs me up until he slashes me until i die! dear god im getting annoyed by this guy

First off, I got Ending A with Overtime Mode! Nice, I think...

Secondly, Larry is a pain, but can be taken out.

A combination of the Uzi, Katana, Sausage Racks and the Sledgehammer (from the Warehouse) worked for me taking him out. I also brought an OJ with me.

The Sausage Rack can be picked up, it is to the left of him behind a vent or the meat grinder when it first starts after the cutscene. I ran up to him right away, sliced him about 6 times with the Katana, ran away from him, grabbed the Sausage rack, hit him with that about 4 or 5 times, all while trying to keep my distance. Then his health was about Half Way down, I got behind the table that had the milk on it (so the opposite side with the Milk on it) so I put something between me and him, the Uzi into him. He had almost no health left, so I then went up to him and Bashed him once with the Sledgehammer, and he was done. It can be done with nothing special.

Good Luck.

Also, can I still get the Mini Chainsaw in Overtime Mode?

Believe it or not, I got to ending A without ever even seeing it. I have never used it once. :blush:

Also, anyone here know Adobe Illustrator?

What I am thinking of doing , is making an interactive Flash map of the mall, and when you roll over a store, a bubble will come up letting you know what is in that store itself. It would be a fairly large undertaking though, so if anyone is interested in helping out, particularly helping me recreate the map in Vector format, let me know. It is something I am considering and I see it being a huge hit for the gaming community on a whole, not just here but everywhere.

thanks for the tip.. heres my inventory:

3 hand guns (full ammo)

1 uzi (full ammo 100 bullets)

1 pipe

1 stick

2 knifes

1 orange juice.

now.. i tried rushing him first thing, he instantly grabbed me and hung me out to dry :(

so i tried again, but i emptied an entire uzi into him, getting his health about half.. thats the furthest ive gotten.

the meat hurts so much, but i can dodge it.. but i find it hard dodging the knifes.

also, when is the perfect time to hit him with the uzi? most of the time it doesn't effect him...

you got A ending! nice job larry.. did you go investigate every case? i thought you had to save everybody in order to get A ending.. I did almost everything, given the exception of a few cases.. mostly go to investigate everybody...

Hopefully i'll beat Larry before i get frustrated and go for zombie genocide LOL..

good idea about the flash (Y)(Y), but i don't know how to use it :p