Lost - Season Three

Season Three Is Complete.

But don't worry my friends, Lost will return

February 2008 and run through May 2008.

post-15395-1170713135.jpg

(click image to enlarge)

WARNING: This thread contains spoilers of episodes that have already aired.

Spoiler tags will be required for episodes not yet aired, but not for shows that have already aired. You have been warned!

Season Three Description:

After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including a mysterious smoke monster, polar bears, a strange French woman and another group of island residents known as "The Others." The survivors have also found signs of those who came to the island before them, including a 19th century sailing ship called The Black Rock, the remains of an ancient statue and bunkers belonging to the Dharma Initiative, a group of scientific researchers.

Jack, Kate and Sawyer open the season in captivity as prisoners of "The Others." Just who these "Others" are and what they want are primary questions Season Three will explore. Michael Emerson joins the regular cast in his ongoing role as Henry Gale, leader of "The Others." Romance looms on the horizon as Jack's interests veer towards a mysterious new woman, whose motives may be questionable. Sun and Jin will continue to celebrate their pregnancy - but is the child really Jin's? Locke and Sayid will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Charlie will attempt to return into the good graces of Claire and her baby, Aaron, but can he be trusted to stay clean and sober? The fates of Locke, Desmond and Mr. Eko in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered. Will Penny Widmore find the island and her long, lost love, Desmond, and can the survivors find a way to interact with the outside world?

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 60-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

Season Three Episode List:

e301 -- A Tale of Two Cities -- 10/4/2006

e302 -- The Glass Balerina -- 10/11/2006

e303 -- Further Instructions -- 10/18/2006

e304 -- Every Man For Himself -- 10/25/2006

e305 -- The Cost of Living -- 11/01/2006

e306 -- I Do -- 11/08/2006

e307 -- Not In Portland -- 02/07/2007

e308 -- Flashes Before Your Eyes -- 02/14/2007

e309 -- Stranger in a Strange Land -- 02/21/2007

e310 -- Tricia Tanaka is Dead -- 02/28/2007

e311 -- Enter 77 -- 03/07/2007

e312 -- Par Avion -- 03/14/2007

e313 -- The Man From Tallahassee -- 03/21/2007

e314 -- Expos? -- 03/28/2007

e315 -- Left Behind -- 04/04/2007

e316 -- One of Us -- 04/11/2007

e317 -- Catch-22 -- 04/18/2007

e318 -- D.O.C. -- 04/25/2007

e319 -- The Brig -- 05/02/2007

e320 -- The Man Behind the Curtain -- 05/09/2007

e321 -- Greatest Hits -- 05/16/2007

e322 -- Through The Looking Glass -- 05/23/2007

Aired Episodes>:

A Tale of Two Cities (e301):

• Flashback: Jake
  • Written by: J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof
  • Directed by: Jack Bender
  • Notes: This is a reference to a book written by Charles Dickens. Desmond has read every book of Charles Dickens, except Our Mutual Friend.
  • Description: Jack, Kate and Sawyer begin to discover what they are up against as prisoners of "The Others."

The Glass Ballerina (e302):

• Flashback: Jin & Sun
  • Written by: Jeff Pinkner & Drew Goddard
  • Directed by: Paul Edwards
  • Description: Sayid's plan to locate Jack places Sun and Jin's lives in grave danger. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer are forced to work in harsh conditions by their captors, and Henry makes a very tempting offer to Jack that may prove difficult to refuse.

Further Instructions (e303):

• Flashback: Locke
  • Written by: Carlton Cuse & Elizabeth Sarnoff
  • Directed by: Stephen Williams
  • Description: The fates of Locke, Eko and Desmond are revealed after the implosion of the hatch, while Hurley returns to the beach camp to tell the tale of what happened when he, Jack, Kate and Sawyer encountered "The Others."

Every Man For Himself (e304):

• Flashback: Sawyer
  • Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
  • Notes:none>
  • Description: Sawyer discovers just how far his captors will go to thwart any plans of escape he and Kate might have, and Jack is called upon to scrub up in order to save the life of one of "The Others." Meanwhile, Desmond's behavior begins to perplex the survivors when he starts construction on an unknown device.

The Cost of Living (e305):

• Flashback: Mr. Eko
  • Written by: Alison Schapker & Monica Owusu-Breen
  • Description: A delirious Eko wrestles with demons from his past, while Locke and some of the other castaways head back to The Pearl -- one of the Dharma Initiative's island stations -- hoping to find a computer that they can use to locate Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Meanwhile, Jack doesn't know whom to trust when two of "The Others" seem at odds with one another.

I Do (e306):

• Flashback: Kate
  • Written by: Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
  • Directed by: Tucker Gates
  • Description: Jack makes a decision regarding Ben's offer, Kate feels helpless when it looks like an angry Pickett is going to make good on his threat to kill Sawyer, and Locke discovers a hidden message that may guide him through the next steps of his journey to unlocking the secrets of the island.

Not In Portland (e307):

• Flashback: Juliet
  • Written by: Carlton Cuse & Jeff Pinkner
  • Description: At the beach, Charlie and Hurley go through Sawyer's belongings, and his personal stash of food. Meanwhile, back at the Others' camp, Jack has complete control over the Others, since Ben's life is in his hands. Kate and Sawyer escape from the men holding Sawyer at gunpoint.

Flashes Before Your Eyes (e308):

• Flashback: Desmond
  • Written by: Damon Lindelof & Drew Goddard
  • Description: We will see Desmond's life before joining the army. On the island Charlie and Hurley will try to figure what actually happened to Desmond after the hatch accident and we will get a really good sense of what the others are doing.

Stranger in a Strange Land (e309):

• Flashback: Jack
  • Written by: Elizabeth Sarnoff & Christina M. Kim
  • Directed by: Paris Barclay
  • Description: A power play ensues between Jack and "The Others" as Juliet's future hangs in the balance. Meanwhile, Kate, Sawyer and Karl continue on their journey away from "Alcatraz." Jack recalls the time he spent in Bangkok, Thailand, and the interesting people he met while he was there, including a talented tattoo artist and the formidable Sherry.

Tricia Tanaka is Dead (e310):

• Flashback: Hurley
  • Directed by: Eric Laneuville
  • Description: Hurley's discovery of an old, wrecked car on the island leads him on a mission of hope not only for himself, but for a fellow survivor in need of some faith. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways, but Kate is still torn about leaving Jack behind with "The Others."

Enter 77 (e311):

• Flashback: Sayid
  • Written by: Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof
  • Description: On their mission to rescue Jack, Kate, Sayid, and Locke stumble upon a mysterious structure surrounded by farm animals and it's strange inhabitant. Back at the camp, in order to reclaim his belongings, Sawyer plays in a a ping-pong competion.

Par Avion (e312):

• Flashback: Claire
  • Written by: Christina M. Kim & Jordan Rosenberg
  • Directed by: Paul Edwards
  • Description: When Claire has a plan that can get get everyone rescued, Charlie starts to exhibit strange behavior. Meanwhile, on their mission to rescue Jack, tension ensues between Locke and Sayid.

The Man From Tallahassee (e313):

• Written by: Drew Goddard & Jeff Pinkner
  • Description: When Kate and Locke arrive at the Others' camp, Ben promises to tell Locke the island's secrets as long as he stops his destructive plan, and Kate learns that the Others have offered Jack a deal.

Expos? (e314):

• Flashback: Paulo & Nikki
  • Description: Nikki and Paulo may seem to have just dropped out of the sky onto the mysterious island, but just like all the other survivors, they too have a story. At long last, their experiences on the island and what brought them there will be revealed.

Left Behind (e315):

• Flashback: Kate
  • Written by: Damon Lindelof & Elizabeth Sarnoff
  • Directed by: Karen Gaviola
  • Description: Kate and Juliet are stranded in the jungle after Kate learns that there is a traitor in the survivor's midst. Meanwhile, Sawyer's poor attitude and selfish ways towards the beach community may earn him a vote of banishment if he doesn't have a change of heart.

One of Us (e316):

• Flashback: Juliet
  • Written by: Carlton Cuse & Drew Goddard
  • Description: The celebration of Jack's return is cut short when he arrives at the beach with an Other, Juliet, whose flashbacks pick up from where they left off, showing us how she got onto the island and became an Other. Meanwhile, Claire is threatened by a strange illness.

Catch-22 (e317):

• Flashback: Desmond
  • Written by: Jeff Pinkner & Brian K Vaughan
  • Description: Desmond convinces Hurley, Jin, and Charlie to follow him on a trek through the jungle. Flashbacks reveal more of Desmond's Army career. Meanwhile, a despondent Kate turns to Sawyer after seeing Jack and Juliet together.

D.O.C. (e318):

• Flashback: Sun & Jin
  • Directed by: Fred Toye
  • Description: Flashbacks reveal Sun and Jin as newlyweds as the mysterious island begins to effect Sun in strange ways.

The Brig (e319):

• Written by: Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
  • Directed by: Eric Laneuville
  • Description: After abandoning the Others, Locke takes Sawyer on a trek through the jungle to help him eliminate a common enemy. Meanwhile, back at the beach, the parachutist Naomi has crucial information about flight 815.

The Man Behind the Curtain (e320):

• Flashback: Ben
  • Written by: Elizabeth Sarnoff & Drew Goddard
  • Directed by: Bobby Roth
  • Description: Ben unwillingly divulges information to Locke about the island, taking him on a journey to various locations including strange monuments and the mysterious Jacob. Back at the beach, Juliet's secret is revealed. Flashbacks will show us the origins of DHARMA and the history of the island, including 'the purge.'

Greatest Hits (e321):

• Flashback: Charlie
  • Written by: Adam Horowitz & Edward Kitsis
  • Description: While Jack devises a plan to do away with ?The Others? once and for all, Sayid uncovers a flaw in ?The Others? system that could lead to everyone?s rescue. However, the plan requires Charlie to take on a dangerous task that may make Desmond?s premonition come true.

Through The Looking Glass (e322):

[*]Flashback: Jack

[*]Written by: Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof

[*]Directed by: Jack Bender

[*]Description: Jack and the castaways begin efforts to make contact with Naomi's rescue sNot Yet Aired Episodesd Episodes:

[*]noneUpcoming Episodesg Episodes:

[*]nonePodcastsb>Podcasts:

Official Lost Podcast: Merchandiseerchandise:

Lost, The Official Magazine: https://expressmagtitan.com/site/index.cfm?...uits&Type=1

Buy Season One and Season Two on DVMiscellaneouscellaneous:

Season One & Two thread: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=224293

Sources: Lostpedia, ComingSoon.net, TV.com, ABC Media Relations

How can you just close the other thread. Its been going for two seasons, 344 pages of last goodness and it just ends like that.

It just had to happen. RIP to the old thread!

How is the old information just "gone"? The information is still there for anyone to review. I'll even link it is here for future reference, but the old thread was getting way to big and extremely hard to read through. There needed to be a season three thread and if the other thread were left open, people would continue to use it.

Right ok. New Lost thread :)

Season 3 Rumours/Spoilers so far...

- Fake HENRY real name is Thomas Radzinsky

- In Kates flashback we meet 2 new Characters. Amelia and Karl.

- Chris Shephard is both Jacks and Claires Father

- Kate chooses Sawyer

- In Claires flashback we see 2 characters Mike and Jan

- Rose dies this season of Cancer

- New man Rodrigo is a Survivor

- B/W star Julie Adams will make several appearances

- Shannon is back in a flashback

- Sayid manages to rescue Kate & Sawyer but not Jack

- There is no Walt/Michael in the mini-series start to the Season

- There will be a Danielle flashback this season

- Jack saves someone we have seen before

- Locke leg injury was never a physical injury

- Sun will dream into the future

- Desmond flashback has new character Warden Harris

- Kate/Jack & Sawyer are all kept seperated by the Others

- Libby's last name is Winchester

- We see Jack in a flashback at the hospital

- Libbys husband was killed in the decking accident that Hurley thought he caused

- Libby was after Hurleys money as revenge

- Locke was responsible for Shannons Fathers death

- Sun's child is female

- Karen DeGroot and DR Marvin will be found in the Flame Station

- The Flame station is Partly underwater

Episode Flashbacks

E01 "A Tale of Two Cities" - KATE

E02 "Further Instructions" CLAIRE

E03 "The Glass Ballerina" SUN

E04 "Everyman for himself" DESMOND

E05 "11-80" LOCKE

E06 "The Judas kiss" JACK

E07 "Missing" Penny/Realtime off island

E08 "An Englisgh Rose" EKO

E09 "Remission" Rose/Bernard

E10 "He can never know" Sun

Fake or Real Season 3 Pictures

hansohomesetphoto.0.jpg

hansotop.jpg

:)

has anybody ever figured out why locks got out of wheelchair yet form season 1

i know the island has effects but if the spolier above is true about rose

then what about lock

then what about lock

If it is true, then for Locke, he wont be able to walk again. But hopfully in Season 3 they will explain how Locke got into a wheelchair

i'll get to watch the season premiere before i go for my national service. sweet.

:|

i cant wait for season 3 its going to be sooooo awesome, season 2 managed to reveal surprisingly little although i doubt 3 will be any different. i will try to keep up with this thread, last time it just got too huge too quickly for me to be bothered to read this time i will try to keep up. :)

i cant wait for season 3 its going to be sooooo awesome, season 2 managed to reveal surprisingly little although i doubt 3 will be any different.

I disagree that Season Two revealed "little," I think it revealed a lot of stuff, introduced a lot of new situations, characters, mythology. The problem with Season Two was it moved extremely slowly, so it felt like it was "little."

From the way Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindaloff speak of Season Three, it will be very fast paced and we'll get a lot of information regarding character background, island background, etc. This season will deal with the science of the island instead of, like the first two seasons, the mythology of the island. So it seems like it will be an interesting season to say the least. I personally feel that this will be the best season thus far. I have extremely high expectations for Season Three.

then what about lock

I could've sworn I've seen an episode where Locke said the airplane crash allowed him to get out of his wheel chair. I'm guessing the crash itself must've realigned his spine or something.

I could've sworn I've seen an episode where Locke said the airplane crash allowed him to get out of his wheel chair. I'm guessing the crash itself must've realigned his spine or something.

Well the executive producers said at Comic Con that one of the things that will be answered this season is how Locke got in the wheelchair.

I read that it is scheduled to last 7 seasons.

The executive producers have said that they only want 4 or 5 seasons. There's also a plan to do a full feature length movie to cap the last season off.