• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Event on September 12th

jlmodell    0

They removed all educational discounts for nanos/ipods, and updated their page telling you how many you can buy per year (removed ipods altogether).

Drats, I was hoping to save $10. Silver 2gb on order. Switched it to a 4gb Green nano 2g

The stream is working now too

Edited by jlmodell

fishrman    0

when doing an install of itunes 7 in os x i noticed an option for install itunes phone driver, is that new?

Could that possibly be a driver for one of those Motorola phones? I'm not expert with tbe iTunes + Phone thingy that Motorola had going back with the ROKR and the like, but perhaps its that smoking gun about the "iPhone" we've been looking for. Or maybe its not, lol. :rofl: Someone shed some light on this, 'cause it..seems interesting.

jackwanders    0

I don't get it. Why bother with the whole "determining gapless playback" thing when you could just play the next song immediately after the current one finishes? Plenty of mp3 players do this already, don't they?

thisdorkagain    0

kinda disappointed. i was looking forward to those intel 2 duo mbp's. probably gonna be silent announced like the new imacs

dL    0

You guys can watch the keynote now :)

dL

giga    45

Is it just me or does the new iTunes icon look very different from the other default Mac OS X applications? We might see an updated icon style in Mac OS X Leopard after all.

Yeah it's different. Some new gloss on the note.

post-18268-1158086633.png

gigapixels    99

Could that possibly be a driver for one of those Motorola phones? I'm not expert with tbe iTunes + Phone thingy that Motorola had going back with the ROKR and the like, but perhaps its that smoking gun about the "iPhone" we've been looking for. Or maybe its not, lol. :rofl: Someone shed some light on this, 'cause it..seems interesting.

You're right on the money with your first question. And no, the driver option is not new... I remember it quite a while ago, right after they released the ROKR.

rayjin    1

They removed all educational discounts for nanos/ipods, and updated their page telling you how many you can buy per year (removed ipods altogether).

Drats, I was hoping to save $10. Silver 2gb on order.

The stream is working now too

I still see the education promo on the Canada site.. it points to the old Ipods with reduced price to match the price of new Ipods.

I wonder if there is price protection from Apple.. I recently got the 4GB Nano and now it's a $30 diff.. :rolleyes:

fishrman    0

You're right on the money with your first question. And no, the driver option is not new... I remember it quite a while ago, right after they released the ROKR.

Well, it was a good 30 second run I had with that. :laugh: Thanks, though, for the information.

giga    45

I don't get it. Why bother with the whole "determining gapless playback" thing when you could just play the next song immediately after the current one finishes? Plenty of mp3 players do this already, don't they?

Nope, not many do. The Rio Karma did though..a long ways back.

dL    0

What's the difference between gapless playback and the current crossfade?

dL

gigapixels    99
Well, it was a good 30 second run I had with that. :laugh: Thanks, though, for the information.

Hey, no problem :rofl:

GMCloud27    0

On a nice note, iTunes 7 works perfectly with Vista RC1 5600 ;)

gigapixels    99
What's the difference between gapless playback and the current crossfade?

dL

Exactly what it sounds like. Instead of fading between the two tracks so your hear a little bit of both at the same time, it starts the next track immediately after the current track without any delay. I like gapless playback a LOT more than crossfade.

myNando    9

So, I connected my iPod and check this out:

ipoditunesrc8.th.jpg

And when I play a video from iTunes, this is how the video player looks (with the cursor over it):

spidermanitunesmt3.jpg

Toxicfume    7

They are still 5G ipods, just updated. I assume a majority of the updates WILL be in a firmware update for the old version with exception to maybe the battery (unless they just made it more efficient) and the screen.

Somehow I really doubt Apple wants you to have the new software features of the 6G on the 5G ipod without buying a new one.

kaffra    16

i was just testing the movie playback, only quicktime and mpeg are seen :(

+Elliot B.    1,543

Exactly what it sounds like. Instead of fading between the two tracks so your hear a little bit of both at the same time, it starts the next track immediately after the current track without any delay. I like gapless playback a LOT more than crossfade.

Only works well with the dance genre really that has a CD that is continuous.

.Neo    1,834

I can't find iCal syncing with the iPod anymore. Don't tell me they removed it. :/

MrKuro    0

iTV is born... Wireless Box to watch movies and shows on tv

. . . but my xbmc enabled xbox's have done this for years already (and they will probably be cheap, and more feature filled than this pretty looking device. Although this solution will be fine for people without those resources.

. . . also the price of these downloadable movie is way to high. I was hoping for 9.99 for a new flick, and 5.99 for an older movie. Plus the resolution sucks, no 5.1, or bonus footage. For their price, I'd rather just buy the actually dvd, or "aquire" the movie from other sources

gigapixels    99

Somehow I really doubt Apple wants you to have the new software features of the 6G on the 5G ipod without buying a new one.

But it's still the 5G... :huh:

bdsams    365

the itv looks ok but it lacks DVR? I fail to see the point of it; it allows you to stream music and junk threw your tv and stereo?

jami_welch    0

when you view a video and englare it you get hover controlls in the window :)