Apple Event on September 12th

How in the heck does it know which albums should be gapless???

The way I think it does it is that it examines the sound output at the beginning and end of each track of songs that are a part of an album of compilation - if the end of the first track seems to come close to matching that of the beginning of the second track, it enables gapless playback for both of the tracks. :)

If that's true, the chances of us "original 5G" people getting the new search UI are high!

I hope the current iPod get the new search!

I tired to downlaod itunes 7 and it installs but wont open - error -50 :blink:

And how come itunes 7 is only avialbe on the US apple website and not the Uk one?

I got the same problem first. I find out if you turn off ShapeShifter it works. :D

What a joke, no proper widescreen ipod video, they seemed more focused on the fact that the new shuffle has a clip on the back and that they all have new boxes.

My dreams of a h264 capable portable video player are dashed.

I tried to watch the event... but it's very choppy i don't know why :\

i'm guessing lots of people watching at once..

i stopped watching mid-way, it was too much of an after thought after i read the minute by minute updates lol

**thanks for the tidbit about excluding itunes from shapeshifter, orson

im sorry but that event sucked. where's the damn widescreen/touchscreen ipod??

What a joke, no proper widescreen ipod video, they seemed more focused on the fact that the new shuffle has a clip on the back and that they all have new boxes.

Patience, if they brought that one out people would be complaining that it's too close to the 5G release....

I got the same problem first. I find out if you turn off ShapeShifter it works. :D

Is that a Mac thing? Because im getting a simular error screenshot a few pages back but on the Windows Platform. Hmm... :)

Most rumours already indicated that we would see an updated iPod 5g around this time and that the iPod 6g (or whatever) would come somewhere in 2007. So I'm not sure what the mayor disappointment is...

The new speed-scrolling and the brightness features appear to be in my original 5G ipod with thee 1.2 firmware! :) The firmware's available from itunes now if you go to Help and Check for Updates.

I see no signs the search feature though, or it's located somewhere I dont know.

Edit: Oh, and gapless doesn't seem to be present. The songs dont seem gapless, nor do I see any option.

Edit: Actually, on a second listening, gapless does indeed seem to be present when i play by albums! :D

Edited by Toxicfume

Most rumours already indicated that we would see an updated iPod 5g around this time and that the iPod 6g (or whatever) would come somewhere in 2007. So I'm not sure what the mayor disappointment is...

yes but skip the lame ass update and give us what we want. WIDESCREEN.

I've gotten a huge performance increase with iTunes. The gapless playback is great, and no, it's not album-specific. It's for the entire library and it sounds freaking awesome.

And for those of you getting huge amounts of memory usage, it's the album artwork features... So if you have the "grouped with artwork" view or the "cover browser" open, then your memory usage is going to be pretty high.