Super Mario Galaxy Images

Sweet.

I wonder if this will be another Mario game that I never finish. (I always seem to get to one particular stage that frustrates me to no end and I quite playing it.)

This makes me want to buy a console. It's been ages since i've owned one. Well besides my current PSP....that doesn't count because i mostly been using it for music, i know...i know.

Why does mario look a bit off in the pictures? the middle one for instance, that white shine, looks weird.

Tell me this isn't a WII game? The graphics look very GC!?

The wii isn't meant to be a big step up in gaming graphics, and theres really not much you can improve on a mario game, if you make it look realistic you would be playing a fat guy, which i don't want to.

Edited by Corris

I wouldnt go by those picturs. From what everybody who has played the game has said it looks great and is a must have for the wii when it comes out.

It is also the game that showcases what the wii controller can do.

Why does mario look a bit off in the pictures? the middle one for instance, that white shine, looks weird.

The wii isn't meant to be a big step up in gaming graphics, and theres really not much you can improve on a mario game, if you make it look realistic you would be playing a fat guy, which i don't want to.

Even Mario would look better without all that aliasing. Let's hope that's a compression artifact or something - though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Even Mario would look better without all that aliasing. Let's hope that's a compression artifact or something - though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It's aliasing combined with compression artifacts and image resizing. Don't worry, it will look a lot better on your TV.

Tell me this isn't a WII game? The graphics look very GC!?

Don't expect Wii games to look much different to GameCube games, apart from having widescreen.

Looks better in motion though. I just hope we get more variation in levels than we did in Sunshine.

uh, wii is significantly more powerful than gamecube.

:no: Roughly 2-3 times more powerful, says the big giant N.

TBH I don't see how this can showcase the Wii very well, but what the hell, it's Mario!!!

I dont know, I think they resize the images or something but I dont care the Mario Galaxy videos on YouTube looks awesome. I really want to play this game.

uh, wii is significantly more powerful than gamecube.

It's more powerful, but most of it you won't see in terms of graphics because it's not powerful enough to show that much of a difference compared to the GameCube (the higher resolution Wii has eats up a fair bit of the extra processing power). The Wii does have some more graphical features added to the GPU though, so you should get some extra effects other the Cube. The biggest difference you might see is better textures and bigger levels due to the larger disc size. But if you want it for graphics, then there's two other consoles you can buy instead.

Galaxy doesn't look much better than Sunshine, except maybe Mario himself whom seems to have some new shaders and lighting. He looks a bit weird in some shots because the lighting on him just works better in motion. In motion this game looks a lot better. I just hope that not every level has a space theme.

Graphics are sweet IMHO. Remember theres only so life-like you can go with Mario. Im not looking to see every pore on mazzas face , his 5 oclock shadow , or even individual blades of grass.

To me its the mario style / world Ive come to expect and nothing short of bumping up the poly count is really gonna change that (i.e smoother models).

Personally its just right and no doubt gonna be more fun than electrified fun making machine handing out fun at a fun festival in funtown , funland.

Sunshine / Galaxys

super_mario_sunshine1b.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060914080419050.jpg

First off, all rumors of the graphical power of the Wii are still rumors, please don't quote it as fact.

Secondly, it's up to the game designers to make games look good, not the wii hardware (and I seriously doubt by a long shot that mario galaxy is pushing the wii hardware to it's max potential).

Lastly, the mario style does not lend itself very easily to zomg-pwesome-photorealistic-gfx.

:rolleyes:

It's also a result of more time with the hardware too. Mario is not photo-realistic, yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not possible to make it look better. It does look good though in motion.

Don't rely on these new pictures to judge this game. They screwed something up with them, the E3 pictures for instance weren't all jaggified like these.

These are the first direct captures (apart from one) from the game though. E3 shots of Galaxy were just pictures of a TV playing the game:

super-mario-galaxy-20060719051344297.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060531030000990.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060531030002334.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060531030000693.jpg