Zune Marketplace first look

Basically they are trying to follow the success of the iPod. Honestly microsoft, it wont work. An iPod is a fashion statement now, not just another player. Its like kleenex. Its not tissue to people, its keenex.

Basically they are trying to follow the success of the iPod. Honestly microsoft, it wont work. An iPod is a fashion statement now, not just another player. Its like kleenex. Its not tissue to people, its keenex.

WTF are you talking about? How would you expect them to allow people to purchase songs? By phone? Cancel your ISP please.

I smell heavy competition brewing for the ipod

Maybe, but I love the double standards that has being on show this week

One of the main arguments against the ipod has being that it is a fashion accessorie that people only buy it cause they are sheep and everyone has one, and yet these same people are gushing that they will buy Zune before it is out, seemingly just cause it is designed by MS.

It be funny if it wasn't sad

Shame, MS is wasting money, they should have just slapped a logo on a brick and these same people would be calling it the ipod killer

Anyone know what they have plan for the mac. Im getting more and more interested in the zune, but im doubting their support for macs. If they support macs and get teh damn thing thinner I'd buy one right away.

if my ipod dies ill probably purchase a Zune.

Also i might add i did not buy a Nano just because its craze as a matter of fact that was the last reason i bought a nano. The main reasons were easy navigation of scroll wheel. Large HD space. Compact in size (i mean look at the thing) I had tried Creatives Zen i believe it was called the navigation was clunky very hard for on the move song changing because i dun spend too much time looking at screen to play a song. I've had my nano for about 1 year now and i love it. It will probably last me a few more years by then newer and better would hav hit the market

WTF are you talking about? How would you expect them to allow people to purchase songs? By phone? Cancel your ISP please.

Can I have your babies Bawx :D Excellent point! So it has similarities to iTunes (which, personally I don't think it does), but that doesn't mean to say it's unique.

I love the iPod tho, only wish it:

1) Allowed you to hookup to any pc without having iPod software (I mean drop & dropping anything on any PC).

2) Supports playback of divx, xvid & avi content.

If it had those two along with what it already has, i'd have one by now for sure. Ah well.

Aww But that's how I get my songs

I ring up, give my credit card numbers, tell them the song I want, then they read me the hex code which I type up and save and I have my music!

............ What's that look for?

Oh and Emzino, you can connect an iPod to any pc without software it acts like a flash drive.

Want to manage your music? use teh mliPod plugin for winamp. If you dont like winamp, there's other free progs out there that you can use. :)

I think the Zune is getting better and better IMHO. I'll definitly look into a Zune when my Ipod (3rd gen) dies. I'm not a fan of Apple, and got the ipod simply for ease of use. Microsoft keeps winning battles - I wonder how long it'll be before they win the war on Apple.

I smell heavy competition brewing for the ipod
Based on what? Zune has a few bits and pieces that the iPod doesn't, but so do a lot of other players and they've had very limited success. As far as I know, the Zune offers nothing new, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. The Zune disappoints me - I thought Microsoft would have finally brought some decent competition back to the market, but obviously not.

Apple, you lose! Zune for me! Looks better, more functionality, ... I love it! I hope the Zune store has as much songs as Urge or MSN Music...

Indeed it is looking impressive. The only factors which will make me switch from my iPod 5G are:

1) If you can send a non-DRM music file via Wi-Fi to another Zune and they can play it as many times as they want and keep it for however long they want.

2) If the battery life is better than the iPod.

3) If you can sync it with Windows Media Player - even though this piece of software does look very nice, but I don't get why MS would make another application just for the Zune?

Microsoft is a well-known name. When people see it on the box, they will definately think that it's a good product. And personally, i like the name Zune way more than iPod. If i compare the ipods to the zune, i like the zune design way more! I don't have an portable music player now, but the first zune i spot in stores will be mine!

It will be syncable with WMP... Trust me! It can't be that difficult to create a plugin or something else!

It would be really nice if you could integrate your Zune into your WiFi network, so that you could upload music wireless, and stream music and videos from your pc wirelles to your zune! Or Zune Live Messenger or something like that :)

tbh if I ever have to replace my Sony player, I'll go for a zune. I've had 3 yes 3 iPods die on me, and I'm not going to find out whether or not the new ones are equally as easy to damage.

Considering only 20 or so tracks on an iPod comes from iTunes, they'll have to pull something out of the bag and make the Zune Marketplace something people really want to use.

Zune looks nice and all - but still thinking Sansa or Creative...

Based on what? Zune has a few bits and pieces that the iPod doesn't, but so do a lot of other players and they've had very limited success. As far as I know, the Zune offers nothing new, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. The Zune disappoints me - I thought Microsoft would have finally brought some decent competition back to the market, but obviously not.

Haha, coming from some "Apple enthusiast" (faaaaan...) it must tell us something. RIGHT?!

Believe it or not, this is competition. Why? Because Microsoft is a well known brand, and while you say there are no "new features", Zune at least has them and the iPod doesn't. So it can disappoint you all you want, but while you stick with your Apple hardware, there are people out there with different opinions that really like to see new features (or not, according to you because others have failed) and not blindly buy everything from a brand just by being enthusiastic. :rolleyes:

But what should I know, it's not like it's already a known player even before it has hit the shelves. :rofl:

Here is what the Zune Packaging box will look like

That looks NICE.

The Zune is a Godsend now I don't haft to buy an Ipod. Don't get me wrong the Ipod works just fine but the Zune will fit all my needs.

Haha, coming from some "Apple enthusiast" (faaaaan...) it must tell us something. RIGHT?!

Believe it or not, this is competition. Why? Because Microsoft is a well known brand, and while you say there are no "new features", Zune at least has them and the iPod doesn't. So it can disappoint you all you want, but while you stick with your Apple hardware, there are people out there with different opinions that really like to see new features (or not, according to you because others have failed) and not blindly buy everything from a brand just by being enthusiastic. :rolleyes:

But what should I know, it's not like it's already a known player even before it has hit the shelves. :rofl:

Stop acting so childish - I wasn't flaming or trolling the Zune, I was pointing out what I thought was obvious. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure the Zune will be a good player and will get itself some market share, but the only way it's going to knock the iPod off it's peak is if it offers people something new and innovative. And since you didn't give me one example of such a feature, I'll assume I'm right in saying it's the same thing as the iPod's current competition, just with a different name and brand.

You're right about Microsoft being a good and well known brand, but so is Apple. Yes, people are going to look at the Zune and think "it's made by Microsoft, so it must be worth buying", but the iPod is part of modern culture these days - that's something that nobody - not even Microsoft - can compete with unless they offer something completely new that will make more people want to buy it.