u scratch a parked car, what do you so?

what do you do?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. If you scratched a car, perhaps say the bumper and it was small thumb print size, and the owner was not there..what do you do?

• Leve your number, so they can contact u
    • decide its not that bad (they wont notice it) and ignore it
    • run for the hills

I'd have a quick look around, see if anyone saw me. And off I'd go. If I did some big damage then it's different.

edit:

An old woman reversed out of a parking space in tescos, where I was waiting for another car to reverse out (so was effectively stationary in the road, behind her). She reversed straight out and hit me. I had a banger so didn't really care. And there was nothing major anyways but the poor woman was shaking. I don't think people like that should be on the road though, you have to look when you are reversing...

whatever dude, it happens. You've never had done anything in your life that was an accident?

I haven't done anything like that before... ex. I always open the door carfully so I don't hit the car beside mine(because I don't want any scratches on my car :D)... and none of the scratches on my car is made by me :D ... but by some other idiots :angry:

And of cource if I scratch a car I would leave my number... I know how it feels when people escapes after scratching a car... :angry:

Edited by medion

P*ss of and leave it be. My car must have several nicks in it from other people, all greater than a thumbprint. So I say f*ck it.

Same here....

If it was serious, id leave a number..if i was hit and was given a dent id be cool about it...even tho i drive a new car. If it was bad then thats different..

Leaving ur number is all well and good, but u leave urself open to be assraped by some greedy prick

i wouldn't lave my under because i would never do that in the first place. you'd have to be an idiot to hit/scratch a parked car. wtf.

'lave my under'....with that comment you shouldn't have to worry either...no person in there right mind would even let you in a vehicle ...so you must be driving 'hush puppies'

:rolleyes:

It sometimes happens because you are distracted, under pressure or anything could happen (even if it is someone's else fault that made you scratch it). No need to be a prick, and don't try so hard.

And let's see how would you handle it if you came from work and your car had a big scratch and you didn't find any contacto information because whoever did it "tan to the hills". Heck, even a little scratch! since most of you love you cars more than your girlfriends.

cars dont have mood swings and dont say "no" :rofl:

Same here....

If it was serious, id leave a number..if i was hit and was given a dent id be cool about it...even tho i drive a new car. If it was bad then thats different..

Leaving ur number is all well and good, but u leave urself open to be assraped by some greedy prick

got to agree with this chap, i wouldn't run, thats stupid but i would definitly act as nothing happen, if the owner of the car saw me than it ain't a big deal as long as he/she ain't an acting comic prick. I understand most genuine people would leave they contact info but in reality thats a little hard to find. My bluddy car been getting scraches now and than little scraches while it was parking, no one left any contact info and honestly i couldn't be bothered to go through all that insurance rubish. ;)

I hit the neighbor of my girlfriend a few months ago. I don't know if he knows or not, but it didn't do any damage to his car (Ford Explorer with steel bumpers). I did however bend my fender in. It left no marks on his bumper, but he did happen to have quite a few marks all over it (around the middle). I talked to my dad and we both decided it would be best not to say anything since the guy could be rude about it and try to get me to pay for a whole new bumper when I didn't do anything to it. If I would have knocked it out of place or scratched it, I would have been more than happy to let him know.

I have no faith that another person would wait around for me, so, no, I would run for the hills. If the damage was more serious, then I my conscience wouldn't allow me to do anything other than wait around/leave details.

Recently my stepfather's father had some prick in a van back into his car and cause ?350 worth of damage - and then drive off. Someone saw him do it and now the loser has started parking his own damaged vehicle further down the road. It's one of those occasions where I wish I was some martial arts expert who could go and kick his ass into the next millennia.

I'd check for political bumper stickers. If I found none that disagreed with my view points, I'd leave my number. Otherwise, I'd just walk away.

:laugh:

I think i'd just leave mate

I'd leave my number. At least then all of the money my insurance company keeps sucking away from me could be put to some good use. I have been paying these people for years and have yet to get a single thing in return for my thousands of dollars.

Depends on whos fault it was and who if I did it on purpose.

If the moron parks to close to me, then its nt my fault that the car gets scratched if I bump it getting in to my car. Plus, if the guy was a real ###### on his parking...i may just dent it on purpose. Why should my car get dmged when it was his fault by parking to close.

other than that, I dont hit parked cars so I wouldnt know.,

:)

Absolutly nothing....If someone noticed, I might consider sticking around prenteding I'm gonna wait for thw owner, but when I'm sure noone's gonna take my car number, I will run for the mother****ing hills!

:rolleyes:

It sometimes happens because you are distracted, under pressure or anything could happen (even if it is someone's else fault that made you scratch it). No need to be a prick, and don't try so hard.

And let's see how would you handle it if you came from work and your car had a big scratch and you didn't find any contacto information because whoever did it "tan to the hills". Heck, even a little scratch! since most of you love you cars more than your girlfriends.

no.. it's no excuse, i've never scratched anyones car. i'm not being a prick or trying hard. i'm just not a dumbass like some people so i don't ever have to question myself if i would leave a note or not.

if someone does scratch my car and leaves without a note.. what the hell can you do? i'd be mad at that moment, but gotta let it go eventually. ask if anyone saw naything.. hope that insurance pays for it.

besides, i park in wide spaces and next to new and/or expensive cars, never next to cars with booster seats, SUV's, and vans.

Most people would just ignore it :angry:

And that's why I'd ignore it too. I would go against the odds if I decided to play the saint because I know if I was in the person's situation, the chances of having someone to leave their information so they can later pay me for what they've done are slim to none.

Sometimes Neowin seems like it has some people with the highest I.Q. of what 140-150-160 (IQ Poll anyone? :rofl: ) and sometimes you see saints who all say they'd leave the number and pay for the damage. Seriously in all of my existence, if I've learned anything from this life until now, it's that most people in the world are generally nice but if they can get away with something, they most definitely will.

• 2 weeks later...