Now the info's out, who's getting a Wii at launch?

Will you be getting a Wii at launch?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting a Wii at launch?

• Yes
    • No
    • Still Undecided
    • I'm waiting for a full list of VC titles

sadly no. I just bought a new phone (SE W800i) because I didnt' like the pricing on Wii. I'll hold off for a while, and just get some fun from friends. I'll buy it when the Zelda bundle comes out.

i was 100% getting one the moment they were out here in Japan.. but with the region locked system.. unlike that i had previously heard over the last few months it ruins that for me. Zelda is the only launch game i want and my kani (chinese characters in japanese language) knowledge is really not up to speed enough to enjoy it. unless of course the game comes with english also then i will buy.

i was 100% getting one the moment they were out here in Japan.. but with the region locked system.. unlike that i had previously heard over the last few months it ruins that for me. Zelda is the only launch game i want and my kani (chinese characters in japanese language) knowledge is really not up to speed enough to enjoy it. unless of course the game comes with english also then i will buy.

For one, it's kanji. For two, Zelda will be an English launch title, so why not just import if English is your better language?

Anyway, I'll be getting the Wii the day it comes out. I am already planning a trip with a few of my fraternity brothers for the night of the 18th so that I get one ASAP. I am going to pre-order the moment they open, however.

On that note, why has no one began pre-orders yet???

I want one launch day, although with Zelda DS and FF3 DS coming out around the same time....it's gonna be an expensive month. Oh and I can't forget Gears of War.

Ahhh....my wallet is weeping.

I'm not sure yet.... Gotta get a new TV first....

I need to know what games are coming at launch, Also I know that the first gen batch of new consoles are usually buggy as hell(X360 overheating anyone?) so I may wait.

Maybe not at launch, although there is a good chance I might break down and get it, but since my birthday is December 21st, I am pretty sure I will be asking Santa Claus (aka my girlfriend and/or mother) for it as a combination Birthday/Christmas present. :yes:

A Wii for Mii!

Haha, I'm going to pre order. Fun! Ahh, I don't know why I'm so excited.

How old are you to ask your mom for a Wii, DirtyLarry? :p

I will be 32 years old this December...

The way I see it, you are never to old to ask for a Nintendo console as a christmas present, especially when considering the fact I already bought myself a 360 and might also get myself a PS3.

Also the fact is it will be a cold day in hell when I ask for anything adult related for christmas, that is for sure.

Besides, who else am I supposed to ask besides my girlfriend or mother? Santa Claus himself? ;) :laugh:

Maybe not at launch, although there is a good chance I might break down and get it, but since my birthday is December 21st, I am pretty sure I will be asking Santa Claus (aka my girlfriend and/or mother) for it as a combination Birthday/Christmas present. :yes:

*claps for dirtylarry*

*claps for dirtylarry*

any thing that is funny right dirty larry, and your never to old to ask for things for the most giving time of the year.

I will be 32 years old this December...

The way I see it, you are never to old to ask for a Nintendo console as a christmas present

I agree with you.... I'm 30 and for sure will buy it as soon it's released.

I don't think that I will ever grow old on these things... unless my brain can't handle it :D

For one, it's kanji. For two, Zelda will be an English launch title, so why not just import if English is your better language?

Anyway, I'll be getting the Wii the day it comes out. I am already planning a trip with a few of my fraternity brothers for the night of the 18th so that I get one ASAP. I am going to pre-order the moment they open, however.

On that note, why has no one began pre-orders yet???

man it was a typo mistake.. give me a break.. i study japanese in japan as if i don't know that it is called Kanji.. kani was a typo.. damn.. people here are quick to jump on someone.. typo man typo... gees.

and did you not see why i was complaining.. it is region locked.. damn. how can i import an english version if japan doesn't share a region with an english speaking country. i cannot can i?

sometimes i wonder why i visit here, people jump on you for a typo or they don't read what you say. sigh.

I agree with you.... I'm 30 and for sure will buy it as soon it's released.

I don't think that I will ever grow old on these things... unless my brain can't handle it :D

And if it starts to not handle it, get Brain Training! :D

The only reason I said no is the also the reason I do not own a 360 and will not buy the ps3. I don't like downloading betas nor do I like spend money on Versin 1.0 things when it cost me to upgrade to 1.1-->2.0. Until Microsoft fixes the whole hardware issue a lot, a lot of ppl are getting I will not buy a 360 nor will I give it as a gift. I'll see what is wrong with the system and wait until the makers fix it and then buy it.

Edited by Ceemji

man it was a typo mistake.. give me a break.. i study japanese in japan as if i don't know that it is called Kanji.. kani was a typo.. damn.. people here are quick to jump on someone.. typo man typo... gees.

and did you not see why i was complaining.. it is region locked.. damn. how can i import an english version if japan doesn't share a region with an english speaking country. i cannot can i?

sometimes i wonder why i visit here, people jump on you for a typo or they don't read what you say. sigh.

Sorry to jump down your throat, my bad. As for importing, I meant import the whole system. That way, you can import all the games in English and won't have to worry about not knowing the language. Plus, you will have your system a few weeks before your Japanese neighbors.