pico tea RC

thanks for all the kind comments. please report any usability issues. i'd like to squash those before releasing this. RC8 posted by the way fixing the inactive white buttons fading into light backgrounds. thanks noespam for reporting.

very cool work, im enjoying it :D

off topic: damn look at your hardware specs. i have a duo core 2 e660 overclocked :)

:woot: can we please *pleeease* have an msstyle port???

i considered that but decided against it because msstyles are compiled. users can change windowblinds control files and images through my batch files allowing literally thousands of permutations of active windows, taskbars, panels, etc. this is the strength of the skin. simple yet configurable like no other. i would be limited to a few color schemes if this were ported to an msstyle.

Amazing.

Is the toolbar (y'z toolbar?) skin included? Or is that part of the theme?

The toolbar is for freeware Styler utility. I created a video tutorial on how to use it. See main description of Pico Tea on DeviantArt for the link.

This is the BEST theme I've EVER seen! Thank you so much for this! Keep it up!

Thank you for the encouragement :)

Yes...yes...this is 100% one of the best "look'n feel" Themes i ever seen. :woot: Excellent work, many many thanks for it.

I hope other Skins are following, like iTunes, WinAmp, WMP, FF, Opera, Thunderbird and so on :cool:

Oh, one Question, where can i find this nice Wallpapers?

Nice!

Don't like the Green overlay on Selection or Scrollbars though?......there seems to be no way of changing this?

Tried in Appearance settings but it won't change from the green? :unsure:

Yes...yes...this is 100% one of the best "look'n feel" Themes i ever seen. :woot: Excellent work, many many thanks for it.

I hope other Skins are following, like iTunes, WinAmp, WMP, FF, Opera, Thunderbird and so on :cool:

Oh, one Question, where can i find this nice Wallpapers?

thanks! please look in my gallery on DeviantArt. i have many screenshots with description of which sub/taskbar/start button/toolbar are in use and also a link to the wallpaper. if I don't have the link to the wall, then the wall is either named genericly or i was lazy. leave a comment on the wall you like and I'll check if the file contains an author name.

Edited by nextmario

Nice!

Don't like the Green overlay on Selection or Scrollbars though?......there seems to be no way of changing this?

Tried in Appearance settings but it won't change from the green? :unsure:

The theme is pico (green) tea. It originally started out as a skin to harmonize with leafy, nature wallpapers. As the skin progressed, I started to add colors to match landscapes, flowers, orchids, skies, people, etc. It works well with most wallpapers, however, I agree the green sometimes throws things offf.

After I release this, maybe a week or two. I'll create a more generic one using grays. As for the highlight, not sure what would be a good choice, maybe the standard light blue. I'm open to any color suggestions for the generic version of this skin.

I just installed the Black version (non-gloss) and my taskbar is white (not black with a green droplet). What's the deal?

Very nice otherwise.

Please view the video tutorial. There's a link in the description also how to do it in readme.txt. This skin is unlike any other WB skin. You can mix and match taskbars/active windows/taskbar font color/panels/start buttons through batch files. You're seeing the default white taskbar with black fonts. You can change to black taskbar with white fonts/glyphs by double clicking use-taskbar-black.bat and use-panel-<full>-white.bat. The skin also has 32px, 48px compact panels.

Edited by nextmario

have been using this for a few days now, changed the default strong green to a more relaxed one, and the only thing bothering me after this time is the inactive window transparency. it's just annoying. hard to read, and it's a mess when there are a lot of windows open.

my opinion is that it's not the transparency that makes this theme stand out from the crowd, it's the professional cleanness. transparency is anything other then professional.

to make this theme perfect i would recommed trying to make the inactive titlebars pure white with grey text (to differentiate from the default picotea white substyle)

great work anyway, i would do the changes myself but i have no clue about skinstudio.

cheers.

here's a screeny of the changed green stuff (fonts are bigger too):

screenyqp1.jpg

have been using this for a few days now, changed the default strong green to a more relaxed one, and the only thing bothering me after this time is the inactive window transparency. it's just annoying. hard to read, and it's a mess when there are a lot of windows open.

my opinion is that it's not the transparency that makes this theme stand out from the crowd, it's the professional cleanness. transparency is anything other then professional.

to make this theme perfect i would recommed trying to make the inactive titlebars pure white with grey text (to differentiate from the default picotea white substyle)

great work anyway, i would do the changes myself but i have no clue about skinstudio.

cheers.

here's a screeny of the changed green stuff (fonts are bigger too):

screenyqp1.jpg

Nice! Someone agrees with me about transparency :) That's a good idea about the inactive window. Will try it for RC9.

Yeah........got mine changed at last......to blue! :D

skin.png

Wow. That looks real nice. This is licensed under Creative Commons so as long as your project is open for all you can pretty much rip/mod this skin and post it. Would you be kind enough to create a WIP post on DA. I'd like try to your version. Others might like blue better. Like I said this was originally for leafy, nature type walls papers.

BTW, your font doesn't look like Segoe UI. The skin was designed for Segoe UI font unless you changed that too :) Gosh I wish I could control that fat blue vertical scrollbar on the tasks. For whatever reason it refuses to use the thinner version.

I think the killer variation of this would be dark widgets. Anyone want to take a stab? I'm willing to bet that would get more downloads than even my version :(

Edited by nextmario

BTW, if you are modifying the widgets, keep the original names and make a backup of your folder. You should be able to sort your modified pico tea folder by date and copy anything over a certain date into any build I post.