pico tea RC

have been using this for a few days now, changed the default strong green to a more relaxed one, and the only thing bothering me after this time is the inactive window transparency. it's just annoying. hard to read, and it's a mess when there are a lot of windows open.

my opinion is that it's not the transparency that makes this theme stand out from the crowd, it's the professional cleanness. transparency is anything other then professional.

to make this theme perfect i would recommed trying to make the inactive titlebars pure white with grey text (to differentiate from the default picotea white substyle)

great work anyway, i would do the changes myself but i have no clue about skinstudio.

cheers.

here's a screeny of the changed green stuff (fonts are bigger too):

RC9 released as a possible solution to readability. Feedback please. I do like transaparency on the inacdtive to deemphasize them a little more. I can't use pure white on the inactive. Some subs use white buttons. Inactive/active windows use the same buttons.

RC9 released as a possible solution to readability. Feedback please. I do like transaparency on the inacdtive to deemphasize them a little more. I can't use pure white on the inactive. Some subs use white buttons. Inactive/active windows use the same buttons.

thanks noespam for posting that. please quote me though if you're going to copy my post from another forum.

RC11 has a much improved inactive window. actually looks good enough for active window subs :) enjoy

Edited by nextmario

RC11 has realy nailed it indeed! Can't see myself using anything else..

Thank you nextmario, great job!

btw. ooomph, how did u manage to get that deeper green color?

/Sean

by using the black style and winowblinds custom colorisation, changed the hue and the saturation.

thanks for the comments on RC11. now i have to change the start panels to be consistent with the inactive windows. aargh. i was soooooooo close to a release. 11 builds later i still don't think it's ready for a general release. i'm finding usability issues with my livelihood app, Visual Studio 2005.

The theme looks really great. But how to change the green color on the scrolls and so on?

Right click on skin in WB.....and select 'change skin color'

• 2 weeks later...

This IS the greatest WB skin I have ever used. My desktop has never looked so good. The skin alone has made buying WindowBlinds worth it..

Good job my friend.. Awesome work.

It never works for me? I can only do it if I use HSL colouring, even if the force skin to use box it ticked?

Go to c:\Programme\Stardock\ObjektDesctop\WindowBlinds\pico tea RC

In this Folder are many "batch'es" after you klick it, reload the Skin and see what it do...Colors of Taskbar and many others ;)

Is this what you mean?

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm sorry for asking this stupid question... what program is used to use this visual style <.<

You are kidding? :unsure:

Well what section are you in?

WindowBlinds Area

Kinda gives it away somewhat?........no? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away on work and vacation.

[RC12]

* rounded corners on taskbar backrounds

* removed transparency on all start panels (full, 48px and 38px) // to be consistent with active windows and solve issues with icons blending with background

deskgw7.th.jpg

see first thread for DA link to download

Any chance of a link to this wallpaper, the one you have in deviantart doesn't work. I checked chavsik's devart page as well but no luck.

I uploaded to imageshack.

mypinkladybychavsikyc2.th.jpg