pico tea RC

Thanks for the comments guys! Fourteen builds from when I almost released it and I'm still refining it.

[RC14]

* fixed start panel menu issues where 1 pixel black showing in corners (on Connect To menu)

* fixed highlited item on Connect To menu

* fixed right button context menu, separator now fades like start panel

* scrollbar thumb now white instead of green

* scrollbar arrows now black instead of green

* gold pasta sub now uses same inactive as other opaque subs

* glass frost sub inactive window uses transparent inactive instead of generic inactive

* fixed all left right taskbars which i hosed in RC12

* removed new folder icon from pico tea and pico tea mirror styler toolbar

deskvg9.th.jpg

Edited by nextmario

[RC15]

* added dedicated transparent taskbar backgrounds, has highest possible transparency: use-taskbar-transparent.bat

As you can see in the lower right screenshot above, use-taskbar-glass-clear is not fully transparent. Use the new batch file if you want a fully transparent taskbar.

Edited by nextmario

I use a build file to auto generate the taskbars from the window caption. The sample area and anti-aliasing was a little off. The taskbars rounded corners should look much better now. I didn't notice it since I run at 3200 x 1200 but I noticed it in the preview.

[RC16]

* anti-aliased round corners of all taskbars

* changed log off glyph on bottom of start panel

Wow! It just gets better and better. Honestly, it's been excellent since RC11 and you're still finding ways to improve it. This is have been my fave too. Thanks again.

How hard would to offer a different set of min/max/close buttons? Simple circles like the Mac. All black would be fine. use-mmc-mac.bat :)

Thanks. I'll consider the mmc buttons. Shouldn't be too hard.

This is a MUST DOWNLOAD build if you're using any of the gloss subs. The old gloss was too bumpy for my taste. The taskbar gloss effects hilite correclty now. Enjoy.

[RC18]

* MUCH BETTER gloss effect on windows

* fixed gloss effects on taskbars

deskrt5.th.jpg

still fulfilling enhancment requests ... i dont really like transparency but look at the pretty screenshot. (pretty but not really functional)

[RC22]

* MUCH improved glass-clear

* MUCH improved glass-frost

* minor 1px change on inactive windows for opaque subs (compensate for scrollbars)

deskjf9.th.jpg

this theme is so nice but in firefox the buttons (back,foward,stop,etc) get too much space between them

it's probably the same space as before. perhaps the 3d color effects which i made white to give pico tea its flat appearance gives the illusion of more space. there's not much i can do short of creating a theme for firefox.

• 7 months later...

oh wow i didn't know he posted here before

i've been using his "pico_tea_1_003_by_nextmario" for a while.... it's a superb designed and usable theme!

Bummer, really looks like an epic theme. I can't bring myself to use WB though.

Don't know why not. Great program, no patching, $20.00. What's not to like? :D

Don't know why not. Great program, no patching, $20.00. What's not to like? :D
The lack of native visual style drawing to the desktop. It studders when I have a lot of windows open, or when I exit a full screen game.

The lack of native visual style drawing to the desktop. It studders when I have a lot of windows open, or when I exit a full screen game.

Hmmmmmm. Odd. I have none of those issues using WindowBlinds 5.51 (build 110 x86 - Vista Edition) on Vista Home Premium. Rock solid, looks GREAT, no flicker/studder with many windows open (14 at the moment). As far as leaving full screen when playing a game, all I have is Madden 2007. Leaving full screen, or exiting altogether, is no different than it was/is in XP (and Vista before I installed WB 5). Guess that's just me, though. :D

• 4 months later...