Zune and iPod Photo Comparison

if its larger than an 80gig ipod then its very big, too big for me. And its only 30gigs, there really is no point of the massive screen and the only real feature it has over the ipod is wireless which reminds me of the infrared in gameboys. It looks good on paper but in reality its pointless as theres never anybody to do it with (unless its really popular of course) and who wants to transfer a song they can only play 3 times. Ill download mine of limewire thank you very much.

it's big cause it has quite a few more features than the iPod, y'know? it has to have space to fit all the new hardware.

not to mention that it's not 3 times... it's 3 DAYS.

and don't worry. i bet that the WiFi will come in handy for synching even with the PC and all :)

The 80gb Ipod is borderline comfortable pocket fit size (key word "comfortable"). The Zune is nice apart from its size. Hopefully they will address that issue in a next gen so that I can buy one. Till then, i'm sticking with the 30gb Ipod.

it's big cause it has quite a few more features than the iPod, y'know? it has to have space to fit all the new hardware.

not to mention that it's not 3 times... it's 3 DAYS.

and don't worry. i bet that the WiFi will come in handy for synching even with the PC and all :)

but it doesnt sync over wireless, its only use is to transfer songs between zunes. And what is all this extra hardware, big screen, wireless. still doesnt account for all the extra size.

Yea that thing is a wee bit large. But size isn't really an issue, what is with me is that although the screen is larger, it runs at the same resolution as that of the iPod, the battery life is shorter, and the physical navigation is just sad. That stupid faux scroll wheel is just another sad attempt to draw in customers who don't bother to test things before they buy. I say if you are going to have something that uses quad directional navigation, design it so that the buyer gets that impression.

If it was smaller, has a more intuitive navigation, and a better battery life, then it might be a good buy. But considering that its the same price as the iPod which has all those things I listed (besides the screen part) and has the benefit of having a tried and true integration with iTunes and awesome technical support, I say that the zune as of now, is a flop.

Its a nice try and certainly better IMO than competitors, but compared to the iPod, its a flop. It might have some nice features like the radio and some nice list items but practically null features like the wi-fi, but in the end, it just doesn't do it for me.

but it doesnt sync over wireless, its only use is to transfer songs between zunes. And what is all this extra hardware, big screen, wireless. still doesnt account for all the extra size.

that's why i said WILL. the devs themselves already said that they'd be adding features later on. and i really hope they do.

and well... you want a bigger screen, you're gonna have a bigger player... aw well...

its really not that big. i has a bigger screen. u can't have both people.

If MS wants to overthrow the ipod, they better give us both :rofl: