Vista RC2 Problems --- Post Your's Here

How about speech recognition?... still broken here audio input device doest work but all recording sw like msnmessenger audio-video call and dragon naturally speaking7 work fine ; some people can reply tested integrated audio chip like ac97 if work....thx in advance..cya all.

Edited by Spidermark

Anyone with nvidia cards and Vista who get dualview with TV out to work properly?

yes, i just installed the beta driver for vista from the nvidia website... it was a little buggy, but if you're patient when you go into the nvidia control panel through the other section of control panel you can access it, and it will work.

I have a problem with the standby/sleep function... when I hit the green button to go to sleep, my computer sometimes will go to sleep after about 30 seconds, other times after 10 minutes it is still on, but with no picture on the monitor, just the fans running... also when it does make it to sleep, when i try to turn my computer back on, i will get back to the desktop and everything appears to be ok, but when i try and run any program nothing will load, cpu stays below 10% but no matter what i try, nothing opens up... not even task manager, only fix is to hard reboot. Sleep used to work fine for me (would occasionally hang trying to go to sleep) but if it got to sleep ok, it would always work fine when it came back up. I have no idea what is going on, no other issues...

Vista RC2 5744

Athlon X2 4800+

Nvidia 6600GT

Nforce 4 sli board (gigabyte)

1gig ram

Please help me if you have any ideas

I installed RC2 on my desktop machine and I found two bugs on it thus far that I noticed...they are:

-I have a ATI Radeon 9600 video card and aero glass no longer works in this build whereas it did in previous builds. I tried installing the ATI vista drivers from the ATI website and all I can get is Aero Basic and still no glass.

-My second problem is that I'm using a dial-up network connection and when you right click on the lower right hand task bar icon of the two "monitors" and enable the animations the two monitors fail to blink or animate like they do in XP which I'd expect they're supposed to do in Vista. I don't know if it's just my problem or if anyone else with a dial-up network connection also has this as a bug.

Any feedback would be welcome.