Windows Live OneCare (1.5) Beta Available

^_^

operawlooa5.jpgwmpwlouc6.png

Looks like MS doesnt like any other programs but their own :laugh: :

post-92468-1160431939.png

When i click on the "Why should i remove these programs ?" link i get an error page ... kinda :rolleyes:

It won't install on my vista rc2 computer or mce laptop...

Downloads fine, then trys to install.

Installation fails with no descriptive result... then it tries to cleanup, which also fails.

This is very good to use if you are currently using windows vista rc2 as there is no antivirus or firewall available for it. Heck, it might even be better then other antivirus software out there.

This is very good to use if you are currently using windows vista rc2 as there is no antivirus or firewall available for it. Heck, it might even be better then other antivirus software out there.

dude,

Symantec Antivirus Corporate v10.2.0.199 is fully compatible with Vista, as is eTrust EZ Antivirus (and has been since about Beta 1), AVAST Home/Pro, and Trend Micro...

dude,

Symantec Antivirus Corporate v10.2.0.199 is fully compatible with Vista, as is eTrust EZ Antivirus (and has been since about Beta 1), AVAST Home/Pro, and Trend Micro...

Symantec: yes

eTrust: not fully

AVAST: yes

Trend: Beta 2 only

i'm debating if i should keep avast or switch to onecare.

Does it disable Windows Defender for anyone else, it does to me in both XP and Vista, previous versions of OneCare worked fine along with Windows Defender, so I wonder if it is a bug.

Vista has a built in firewall.

Lyon I would say it is extremely good, I can only compare it to NOD32 in terms of how nicely it runs, you don't even notice it's there, that's how easy it is resources wise; I'll most likely be buying it and it will be my default protection for Vista and XP. Just in case you didn't know Microsoft allows you to run the program in several computers, the license is valid for more than just one computer, unlike most other solutions where you can only run it in one PC.

Nice to hear!

Actually, I usually get 2-4 email with viruses attached (detected by Avast) in my office's computer (the one I'm using now)..

I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning if OneCare detects these or not :) (I've uninstalled my Avast for this)

I can hear the EC now. Microsoft has an unfair advantage because they developed both Vista and OneCare so OneCare will work better on Vista that any other Security System out there.

Life is so unfair.

By the way,

I find it funny that:

- It forces you to schedule virus scanning..... (can't turn off scheduling without turning off the whole monitoring)

- It forces you to schedule a tune up as well :(