Windows Live OneCare (1.5) Beta Available

whenever i try to activate it, it tells me to go online, then it brings up a list of services to choose from and One Care isnt an option. and it just loops back to the same thing. Step by step this is what I do:

1. Click Activate in OneCare

2. It asks for a computer name so I type one, and then I say I already have a Windows Live ID.

3. Asks to sign in, so I sign in.

4. Then it says I have to press the Continue Online button. It opens IE to this page: http://www.windowsonecare.com/betapassport...ror=-2147217386

5. I press "Start Now" to start activation.

6. Sign in, again.

7. Then I get a page that says:

Review Details for your location:

The selected plan is available, but the plan details may differ in your location. To review the plan details for your location, click Continue. so i click "continue".

8. It brings me to this page and i am stuck. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-CA&Error=3022.

I'm tryhing to activate it from canada, which is supported.

I have the same problem!

Have anyone figured a way around this?

• 2 weeks later...

What is the url for OneCare beta for Vista, I had it but accidently deleted it now I can't find that Vista version anywhere.

Edit: NM, I had bad url notification because I had wrong country selected at my live.com account.

Edited by Joni_78

Well, I have successfully installed Windows Live One Care Beta1.5 for my Windows Vista RC1, but from the next day of installation I am not able to update the virus & spyware definitions :( . It says "OneCare has encountered a problem & can't update automatically...". And if I try to update manually it takes forever to check the updates & the 'Check for update' link remains invalid since then :crazy: It's like this:

LiveOneCare.jpg

Did anyone have this problem? Or, can someone recommend me another good alternative? I've tried the AVG already but it didn't work out with a error message at the startup.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed it, but I still cant finish the installation. When I press that button in OneScreen main window it just tells me that it can't connect somewhere.. I did submit a support request, but still waiting for a reply from them..

Anyone had similar issue?

I started having that same issue about two weeks ago when I did a clean install. Reboot fixed it but now I did a clean install again today and i'm still having that same issue. Only difference is that reboot doesn't help anymore. Any ideas?

ok heres how I fixed the complete installation.

1. Install onecare and press complete installation. This will most generally not work

2. Disable all onecare live protection [firewall, backup, av and so forth]

3. Restart

4. Onecare should be able to complete installation now

It worked for me :)