Windows Live OneCare (1.5) Beta Available

whenever i try to activate it, it tells me to go online, then it brings up a list of services to choose from and One Care isnt an option. and it just loops back to the same thing. Step by step this is what I do:

1. Click Activate in OneCare

2. It asks for a computer name so I type one, and then I say I already have a Windows Live ID.

3. Asks to sign in, so I sign in.

4. Then it says I have to press the Continue Online button. It opens IE to this page: http://www.windowsonecare.com/betapassport...ror=-2147217386

5. I press "Start Now" to start activation.

6. Sign in, again.

7. Then I get a page that says:

Review Details for your location:

The selected plan is available, but the plan details may differ in your location. To review the plan details for your location, click Continue. so i click "continue".

8. It brings me to this page and i am stuck. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-CA&Error=3022.

I'm tryhing to activate it from canada, which is supported.

Seems that if an incoming email contains virus attachments, it will be ignored..

I read in the forum somewhere that it will only detect if you are actually running the file... ??

They should have scanned incoming emails instead of waiting until you open it up

i used the key they gave me a few weeks ago. and it worked fine on vista

yea, as i found out, they havent given the keys to all the testers yet, and we're not supposed to activate untill they do. Also, it doesnt show up after the first time so it's ok.

One Care Versus AOL (Kaspersky) ?

I hate the AOL thing don't work as I wish, does the OC as anoying popup if I shut down a service? I don't need mail protection, I never open a attached file unless I confirm it with the sender. >.>

Also, if it detect a fake virus does it will come back saying that is a virus again and again? AOL think my samurize scripts are viruses... :rolleyes:

Installed last night, wouldn't let me use IE or Firefox...or connect to anything internet related, didn't have time to explore the issue further, hopefully a restart helps.

I got the first email too and today I got another invite from the Vista team. I haven't restarted yet, but I hope I don't have any problems, as it seems nearly everyone on here has some sort of problem with it.

Edited by anonymouse91

i am kinda sad that there is no x64 support for it yet. i only run x64 systems anymore and i would like to use this software but i guess i just am not able to use it as of yet. but i can hope for the best in the future just wish they had it now.

I've just received an email from Connect. I'll be downloading it as soon as I have time :D .

Scirwode

I've used this one day now out of curiosity and I hate to admit that I like it. Especially because of that firewall, how it notifies when a program access internet. Dunno if this would actually detect any viruses.

I installed it, but I still cant finish the installation. When I press that button in OneScreen main window it just tells me that it can't connect somewhere.. I did submit a support request, but still waiting for a reply from them..

Anyone had similar issue?

I installed it, but I still cant finish the installation. When I press that button in OneScreen main window it just tells me that it can't connect somewhere.. I did submit a support request, but still waiting for a reply from them..

Anyone had similar issue?

It done that to me and I uninstalled it. I was really liking it up until that point.

You talking about the button that you click to finalize the installation? Click it and it opens a window that stays there for about a minute and it says it was unable to complete the installation because it could not connect to the server?

You talking about the button that you click to finalize the installation? Click it and it opens a window that stays there for about a minute and it says it was unable to complete the installation because it could not connect to the server?

yup!

here's a screenie of the message I get. Iried doing it from home and my office - same result.

post-27390-1161246780_thumb.jpg

yup!

here's a screenie of the message I get. Iried doing it from home and my office - same result.

Yeah that's it. It did the same exact thing to me. I'm actually glad to see someone else had the same issue. So hopefully it's just a small bug they can take care of.

Yeah that's it. It did the same exact thing to me. I'm actually glad to see someone else had the same issue. So hopefully it's just a small bug they can take care of.

I also think it's a pretty widespread issue, cause I saw a thread somewhere on connect on this issue.. no resolution just yet.. we'll see what ms does about it

Installing IE 7 Final breaks One Care. You need to uninstall and reinstall OneCare, you can then update as normal.

erm no it doesnt and no you dont,I had OneCare installed before upgrading to IE7 Final,during the IE setup it removes any previous versions of IE7,it goes back to IE6,OneCare will display a message saying theres an upgrade to IE(IE7) and you should upgrade to get the best security etc.

My OneCare has been working fine althrough the upgrade process.