Xbox Live Downtime October 17th. 2006

how about a web browser....ie 7 final is about to come out :D

Yea, that's also a possibility, but an update like that would not require any Xbox Live downtime, just a Dashboard Update (which is coming in November anyway, so it's still a possibility).

So... speaking of the Fall update - if the HD-DVD drive comes out on 11/7, doesn't that mean the dashboard update must be released before then?

You're lucky. Sometimes I wished I'd never played Oblivion, just so I could play it all over again. I realise that doesn't entirely make sense, but the point is it was so good I wish I could repeat the experience.

It's probably just scheduled system maintenance. Although if you goto Xbox.com the message you get suggests they are adding new features to "My Xbox" section..so who knows!

You're lucky. Sometimes I wished I'd never played Oblivion, just so I could play it all over again. I realise that doesn't entirely make sense, but the point is it was so good I wish I could repeat the experience.

I know exactly what you mean :D

Source is on the Xbox.com forum (Which is Down), so I wouldn't be too trustful about it But would be Incredible if it's true!

One of my HUGEST complaints with Xbox 360 is BC issue! MS seem to have totally disregard the importance of BC other than the games that make MS the MOST money.

As for games that does not make MS that much $, but still are great games, MS seem to IGNORE them

Argh!!!

Greedy or what?

I heard a Rumor, ALL Xbox games will be BC!!!

I doubt that's true. That wouldn't require Xbox.com and Xbox Live to be down. Just a simple software update for the Backwards Compatibility emulator.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5736/ge...fwardemoff4.jpg

Someone took this shot before the site was taken down, look at that "soldier tag" on the top

Says GOW Demo. hmmm :D

:::or maybe not

Mark Rein

Comment on what? I don't see Gears of War in that list. There is no Gears demo and there won't be before launch. I suspect that is a generic header with the Gears image in it. There aren't any plans at the moment to make a demo of Gears. We have other things we're going to be working on as soon as Gears has gone gold but I can not elaborate on them at this point in time.

Just saw the dog tag image with the "Microsoft points". It just isn't true. There is no demo coming out before the game ships and I have no idea if we'll do one after the game ships or not. Right now there are no plans to do one as I said earlier in this thread. I have asked Microsoft to take that image down.

Can anyone post a picture of what you see when you try to connect to Xbox Live?

I have NOT seen it!

I don't have time to turn on my 360 right now

Edited by JediXAngel

It's Well Worth the price, but I just maybe wait and they will release on a DVD maybe, in the future

Cuz the Lumines for PSP, etc are about $20+ too

MAKE MORTAL KOMBAT BC!!!!!