Xbox Live Downtime October 17th. 2006

My guess? It was also in preparation for some new features that won't be enabled until the Fall dashboard update.

Yea, I think you're right, and I'm still betting on my prediction of a Music Purchasing Service like I said earlier in this thread. I'll be sure to follow up once the Fall Update is live.

i wonder if this has anything to do with IE7 being released today? microsoft likes to do all the updates on a single day i guess

Xbox.com is back for me, I can see my profile now. :)

Can someone point out what's new on xbox.com? Please? :D

EDIT: Althought it's back I still can't retrieve my updated info for my gamercard. :/

Edited by Rodrigo

I never heard it would a surprise, but MS said

Secret Amazing Cool Stuff

BTW NY METS On board first! 1-0 Homerun!

You are incredibly irritating, just because its not "secret" "cool" or "amazing" to you doesn't mean they haven't lived up to their promises, if you are that bothered switch your xbox off, pack it back into its box and take it back to the shop. Then we wont have to put up with you.

Woah fellow Lost fan, you need to back off, dude I WASN'T even complaining there

That's NOT really what I am mad about. It's MS's way of handling this & silly promises not met I am not happy about...

Anyway I will reserve further complaining... until what I see the NEW features are really like.

I meant what I said Okay?

Nevertheless, don't think I was the only person complaining!

Edited by JediXAngel

Live seems tobe acting strange on me :unsure: I can sign into Live ok, but if I try to access Xbox Live Marketplace I get an error message and whenever I play a Xbox Live Enabled game, soon as I start the game the 360 tells me I've been signed out of live :blink: I'm sure they will fix it, just a little annoying :p anyone else get this?

EDIT: If I try to access Xbox.com, I just get "Server Unavailable"..maybe there is something wrong my end...

50+ hours down time!!!

SHUT UP ALREADY! How many members have to tell you to do so? :no: You even said you weren't going to complain again.

Live is up, working perfectly fine for me. Xbox.com is up for me too.

SHUT UP ALREADY! How many members have to tell you to do so? :no: You even said you weren't going to complain again.

Live is up, working perfectly fine for me. Xbox.com is up for me too.

Seems to be only running in selected regions, I'm in Australia and Xbox.com is still down..I'm assuming they are working on getting the North American servers etc up first then each region after based on importance, I'm guessing?

EDIT: Seems tobe running now, I think they have fixed it :happy: all is good again :) (so what are these new My Xbox features that were mentioned before? I haven't noticed anything new...)

Edited by Xerxes

What's with all the personal Hostility?

Is that Rudeness allowed here?

What hostility? Just keep quiet already. You are just annoying.

Remember this: just because you whine and complaing about everything doesn't mean it will be done quick. Just wait until the service is back and DO SOMETHING ELSE.

Back on topic:

Well... the only problem I have noticed so far is with the gamertag card links. That's actually going on and off for me. And you are probably right Xerxes about regions. :)

I KNOW it's back, but looking at the My forums, there is nothing Cool or amazing about any of the new features!

MOST people agree about That!!!

Dude stop with your whining already. Microsoft never promised any cool or amazing new features. If you're that bothered then sell your 360.

Just shut up already, so it doesn't have SUPER NEW AMAZING COOL FEATURES, nobody cares, you dont pay to have access to My Xbox, you pay to play Live games on live, deal with it.

@JediXAngel

True that you're not the only one who complained about the downtime, but you were the most outspoken and annoying one with it. Most of the others had one or two comments on it, but you were coming back like every 3 posts and complaining about it and that was YOU being rude and hostile, not everyone else.

I like my xbox and live, but seriously man, you really need to take life more seriously. There's more to it than games and a website.

Also, I saw nothing of them saying there would be secret surprises. They said they was adding new features. That's it, nothing more. Like someone else said, they could have been preparing for the dashboard update happening in the fall. It's better to do some preparing now instead of waiting to do it all at once and take the chance of Live being down for a more than one day isn't it?

You said yourself you'd stop complaining and you came back and complained like two or three times after you said that. Don't even try turning it around on us as being the hostile and rude ones just because you're annoying the crap out of people and they finally got tired of it and simply told you to shut up.

JUST CLOSE THIS THREAD it's becoming Personal Attacks!!! :|

Nothing in my post was a personal attack. I simply stated what others were saying. That you're taking this a little too seriously and you could be the good guy and simply not post in this thread anymore or keep posting but stop complaining.

If a mod feels my post was a personal attack on you and doesn't agree with what I said then they can delete my post. I'm just verifying what everyone else has said. There was no need for the caps and bold lettering. I can read just fine thanks.