List Your Overclocks..

My new CPU, and i just cant hold myself back  :happy:

Im pretty shuffed by the score in SiSoft :)

As you see, SiSoft is basically the only program i know of at the moment which uses both cores

The majority of programs such as SuperPi splits the load into 1/2 so its just 50% CPU usage

x23qp.th.jpg

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=31493

586347308[/snapback]

Only 1 Prime95? You should be running dual primes to test stability, not just one. Also, you can download Systool. TBH, single prime doesn't tell you enough (but maybe you just didn't bother to include the second one in the screenshot, I don't know).

Asus P4c800e-dls

P4 3.0e running at 3.75ghz ar cooled with silent tower

512 Cosrsair twinx 3200ll

9800pro over clocked

Funny thng is the temps are lower over clocked than when defaults :no:

just when puters make sense stuff like this changes teh thought processes

Only 1 Prime95? You should be running dual primes to test stability, not just one. Also, you can download Systool. TBH, single prime doesn't tell you enough (but maybe you just didn't bother to include the second one in the screenshot, I don't know).

586347701[/snapback]

I havent done prime, just superpi and everything else

About five minutes ago I pushed the 2400+ 2.0GHz to a 2600+ 2.11GHz... It's not that big of a jump, so it's running stable on default voltage and all... The only thing that's a little scary is the temps I'm seeing now, 60-62C at idle.. :blink: I need liquid, then we'll see, heh...

Nothing Fancy. I got mine to 4800+ performance :D , maybe Ill get it to 2.6Ghz, but im on stock air cooling, so I dont like the idea of it getNothinnothing Fancyting too hot :no:

post-47065-1124313933.gif

My new CPU, and i just cant hold myself back  :happy:

Im pretty shuffed by the score in SiSoft :)

As you see, SiSoft is basically the only program i know of at the moment which uses both cores

The majority of programs such as SuperPi splits the load into 1/2 so its just 50% CPU usage

x23qp.th.jpg

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=31493

586347308[/snapback]

Dude, what cooling do you have that cpu on? stock? and if you do, what temp is it running?

I dont, sadly, Im stock air :(

I want some high end air

586398710[/snapback]

Stock air? My 4400+ came with an FX-55 cooler, one of those big copper/aluminum combo ones. That's not bad, although I'm still using XP-120.

Oh yes, and I have it overclocked to 225x11 so far for a total of 2475 MHz. I'm going up step by step but I think I still have a ways to go till I hit the barrier. My current vcore is set to 1.35V -- I think that's the default. LDT is x4. RAM is 1:1 using Gold VX PC4000 @ 2-2-2-7.

As for video card, I think the core is as far as I can push it, X800 XL is at 440/1050. I will try to make improvements on the memory as well.

Edited by Cyrilix

Stock air? My 4400+ came with an FX-55 cooler, one of those big copper/aluminum combo ones. That's not bad, although I'm still using XP-120.

Oh yes, and I have it overclocked to 225x11 so far for a total of 2475 MHz. I'm going up step by step but I think I still have a ways to go till I hit the barrier. My current vcore is set to 1.35V -- I think that's the default. LDT is x4. RAM is 1:1 using Gold VX PC4000 @ 2-2-2-7.

As for video card, I think the core is as far as I can push it, X800 XL is at 440/1050. I will try to make improvements on the memory as well.

586399811[/snapback]

An update on yesterday's overclocking. Vcore is now 1.40V with a total OC of 236x11 for 2596 MHz. Video card memory is really sucking, so I had to back down, but I managed to raise the core slightly: now it is 450/1030.

i know this sounds bad but..

whats overclocking?

586456250[/snapback]

1. Overclock

Overclock - to raise the speed of the CPU, GPU, memory, or any buses with the quantifier that tells its speed: "hertz".

To overclock is to force some hardware mentioned above to run at faster, often non-intented speeds.

Generally this is doable, however few factors come in such as when one overclocks a piece of hardware to its max the power circuitry usually does not deliver enough voltage to the hardware, thus the voltage needs to be manually raised.

When raising the voltage, heat will be generated more substantially, which is the hardware's number one enemy.

Thus is why companies like Thermaltake and Globalwin have mustered their efforts to produce efficient and powerful cooling systems to counteract the heat.

Using the motherboard's BIOS. I set the FSB to 210mhz, thus overclocking a 10mhz difference on my FSB.

I used RivaTuner to overclock my video card's memory's clock speed from 250mhz to 305mhz.

Hrmm.. you can't O/C a dell.. Wouldnt really want to either, 3.4 ghz is good enough. Oh, I have a question. Is it better to have HT enabled, or disabled?

Got my Tbred XP 2100+ (1.7Ghz) running at 2.3ghz (11.5x200) not sure wot that it is prehaps a 2800+ or 3000+ equivalent. Squeezing as much as I can out of it, tried 2.4 ghz but it too unstable boots to windows but thats about it. Vcore is at 1.9v! Thouhgt the NF7 undervolts slightly. Best overclock out of all cpu's I had, my Pentium 75 only o/c too a P90 :/ Hopefully the 4000+ or FX xhip I get at xmas will be another good overclocker.

Got my Tbred XP 2100+ (1.7Ghz) running at 2.3ghz (11.5x200) not sure wot that it is prehaps a 2800+ or 3000+ equivalent. Squeezing as much as I can out of it, tried 2.4 ghz but it too unstable boots to windows but thats about it. Vcore is at 1.9v! Thouhgt the NF7 undervolts slightly. Best overclock out of all cpu's I had, my Pentium 75 only o/c too a P90 :/  Hopefully the 4000+ or FX xhip I get at xmas will be another good overclocker.

586497709[/snapback]

You might want to stay away from a 11.5 multiplier. I would use either 11 or 12 if you can go that high. Using halves can make your OC really unstable and cause system issues. I would set it to 11 and increase the FSB a lil higher, or take it to 12 if you can and lower the FSB a lil bit.

I overclocked my old comp which was a Celeron 800 to 960mhz using stock cooling and HS.

My latest is an Athlon 1900+ @ 1.61Ghz, i managed around 1.70ghz but figure i don't need that power just yet  :happy:

507423[/snapback]

Don't kill your machine overclocking a celeron

Mine... AMD Sempron 2200 (1500 mhz Normal) and i Can Clock it till 1,8 ghz (but my cooler cant stand the heet :( :angry: