Zune Theme Modified To True Royale Black Theme!

Wow... great job guys! I'm gonna get download both the modified one and the Indy one. Thanks!

BTW, I found this mod on the internet as well with a cool blue highlight for the start button like WMP11!

Source

startblack.jpg

and this cool looking Royale Noir mod

Source

*Screenshot too big*

Wow... great job guys! I'm gonna get download both the modified one and the Indy one. Thanks!

BTW, I found this mod on the internet as well with a cool blue highlight for the start button like WMP11!

Source

startblack.jpg

and this cool looking Royale Noir mod

Source

*Screenshot too big*

The 1st mod has an update, CAPTION BUTTONS:

captionbtn.jpg

What's changed:

-static close button from glaring orange to static black

-highlight of normal captions to WMP11 blue

-highlight of inactive caption buttons from white border to coloured ones.

Fifthe1ement, i have a request.

im using the Zune Theme.

Can the white menu background change to orange colour? If possible, can you me change it?

Start> Program files , has the white background

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tototrain

Fifthe1ement, i have a request.

im using the Zune Theme.

Can the white menu background change to orange colour? If possible, can you me change it?

Start> Program files , has the white background

Thanks in advance!

You mean like this:

bling-1.jpg

the zune.msstyles is Hosted Here

replace the exsisting one in the zune folder.

Edited by AJaye

You mean like this:

bling-1.jpg

the zune.msstyles is Hosted Here

replace the exsisting one in the zune folder.

Yes. thanks.

But i cant download from megaupload. Is there any file server that you are able to host?

And where is the folder for zune?

No, the original Zune theme is digitally signed by microsoft and therefore does not need a uxtheme.dll patch, however any modified version no longer carries the digital signature and your uxtheme.dll must be patched. The neowin patcher can be found here.

No, the original Zune theme is digitally signed by microsoft and therefore does not need a uxtheme.dll patch, however any modified version no longer carries the digital signature and your uxtheme.dll must be patched. The neowin patcher can be found here.

i see. But i have just downloaded the patche and overwrite the files.

However, still it does not work for me..

have u re-applied the theme? double click the 2kb zune icon in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. or Right-click desktop > properties etc.

And yea, I assumed you had a patched uxtheme.dll.

Any1 esle downloaded it to see if it does actulay work? I mean it works on mine fine...

Hi Ajaye, I'm using the final version of this Royale Noir theme & I've got a similar request here:

Was wondering if it is possible to change the white program menu background to a matching black( as the rest of the start menu), & every single WHITE font on the start menu(including the start button) to a nice complementing red? Leaving everything ELSE untouched, of course, i.e. borders separators, etc

Well, is it possible? Without installing any extra theme manager or other pieces of software? & I'll like the seamless blue pogress bar(by FifthElement) too, but I'll like to keep my current theme...can't I just hack/edit some things to make all 3 things happen, i.e. blackprogram background, red complementing menu fonts, & seamless blue progress bars?

Thanks...

hm.... in order to use The original Zune, i need to patch my uxtheme.dll right?

If that is the case, i have already patch it.

Ah ok. I thought you meant the modified version.

ralliart12, it seems that Royale Noir handles the BMP’s differently than the zune or luna .msstyles… Everytime I change the progress bar to FifthElement’s progress bar it renders the theme defunct.

Also I do not know how to change the colour of the text on the program list or start button to red, and I think it goes beyond the use of a modded uxtheme.dll. I even poked around in explorer.exe and played around with some of the raw hex data, but nothing worked.

As regards the menu background that is easy to do, but like I said above it seems Royale Noir was compilied differently to Zune, as the progress track either kills it, or it displays it like the old luna theme with blocks of colour.

I’ll work on it a bit more tomorrow, at the moment I have an assignment I need to finish which I really should be working on.

Just another note, I may have started something of a request line which I did not intend to happen. After this visual theme I wont be “filling” requests. Lets all just wait for FifthElement’s verion.

Incidentally if anyone else wants a bash at it feel free too.

AJaye

AJaye, here's the msstyles with the menu text edited to white to help you out with the black background for ralliart12. :)

Link: Download

PS: I didn't do the red start text because I think it looks awful. :D

Edited by oddbasket

i downloaded the msstyle from oddbasket, and the the black (or the supposed black) start menu isnt there. All i get is a white menu with white text and its impossible to see unless you highlight the item.

could you please fix that? ty

hi, im here to make another request...

i do not know if you guys have created.

I previously wanted the background of zune is orange.

My sister wants a background of black, white font with zune.

Is it possible to help me out for another time?

Thanks.

i downloaded the msstyle from oddbasket, and the the black (or the supposed black) start menu isnt there. All i get is a white menu with white text and its impossible to see unless you highlight the item.

could you please fix that? ty

It's not 'supposed' and there's nothing to fix. Read my post carefully... Arjaye mentioned he didn't know how to change the the text to white so I did it for him. He's already doing a black background for ralliart so I needn't bother.

First off, Thank you very much oddbasket - the file helped alot.

Second, royale noir is done (to a certain extent), still not 100% happy with it.

Hosted Here and Here

Also, oddbasket would you be so kind as to tell me or pm me how to change the colour of the text... either I've missed the obvious or it is just something I havent learn't how to do yet.

cheers.

First off, Thank you very much oddbasket - the file helped alot.

Second, royale noir is done (to a certain extent), still not 100% happy with it.

Hosted Here and Here

Also, oddbasket would you be so kind as to tell me or pm me how to change the colour of the text... either I've missed the obvious or it is just something I havent learn't how to do yet.

cheers.

editing the bitmaps is half of skinning, the other half is mainly changing the ini files under textfiles, thats where all the settings are.

update3.jpg